First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Sport has an interior bike rack that attaches to the d-rings in the back, and can mount two bikes upright.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm1pz-7855100-b.html

Any word on if the same will work in the Bronco or something similar will be available? I haven't seen it advertised at all, only the hitch mounted options. I definitely expect a bike to fit in the back, especially with a seat folded down and the front wheel taken off, but it would be nice to actually mount it too.
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting idea. Would be better if the back surfaces of the rear seats wasn't carpet though. :p

Deleted member 3063

maybe for your boy's BMX, not enough roof height on the big Bronco for a mountain bike..

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see lots of pictures of wranglers with multiple mtn bikes in the back. Is the back of the bronco so different that bikes won't fit?

OP
OP
MostHumblest

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
maybe for your boy's BMX, not enough roof height on the big Bronco for a mountain bike..
Ford's website says there's only a 1" difference in second row headroom between the Sport and the Bronco. Is this a byproduct of the seats not actually folding flat?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MostHumblest

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see lots of pictures of wranglers with multiple mtn bikes in the back. Is the back of the bronco so different that bikes won't fit?
This and the fact the sport can fit them made think it should be possible to get them upright, but there must be some reason they haven't advertised the same accessory on the big bronco?

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm not sure how large you think a bike is, but If my fat bike can fit in my civic hatchback i would think it should fit in a full size Bronco.

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure you can fit an MTB with the front wheel removed and the fork mounted somewhere in the dropped rear cargo section. If you don't have a dropper or if you have a very large bike, you may run into some clearance issues with either the saddle touching the roof or the handlebar touching the rollbar/roof.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This and the fact the sport can fit them made think it should be possible to get them upright, but there must be some reason they haven't advertised the same accessory on the big bronco?
Maybe they just haven't thought it would be something that full size Bronco buyers would want, I was planning on getting a bike rack that attaches to the mountings for the spare tire. I could see Yakima coming out with something for the big Bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP
MostHumblest

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe they just haven't thought it would be something that full size Bronco buyers would want, I was planning on getting a bike rack that attaches to the mountings for the spare tire. I could see Yakima coming out with something for the big Bronco
Getting a hitch mount just for a bike rack feels like overkill, so a spare tire mount would be a winner! Might keep an eye out for that.

Upside to the interior mount is the bike would be more secure taking it anywhere. I give it good odds that the Sport accessory will fit, but would be disappointed to spend $200 and find out I'm wrong.

Deleted member 3063

Hmm not sure how large you think a bike is, but If my fat bike can fit in my civic hatchback i would think it should fit in a full size Bronco.
Yep, but can it fit standing up, fit two like the OP mentioned or did you just forget that point? I've seen enough pictures of two bikes in a Sport with the handlebars pressed up against the headliner. I've fit plenty of single bikes in a variety of different trunks.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, but can it fit standing up, fit two like the OP mentioned or did you just forget that point? I've seen enough pictures of two bikes in a Sport with the handlebars pressed up against the headliner. I've fit plenty of single bikes in a variety of different trunks.
with the front tire off like the images of the bronco sport, yes my bike can fit standing up in the civic hatchback like those images. Only one but I never claimed to have the space of the sport only that your argument that the full size Bronco couldn't do that wouldn't be true. not sure why this is a topic you have decided to go so aggressive to argue on.... the Bronco is larger than the sport, if its not the way you would transport a bike that's up to you but its not your problem since it wont be in your vehicle.

Last edited:

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actively ride mountain bikes and prefer to keep them inside if I have the room (out of the elements, no theft, etc).

I have an expedition, and am going to miss not being able to store a bike with the front wheel off in the rear cargo area without folding down the seat. But the best way to store the bike is to get a 2x8 and measure it the width of the cargo area. Mount some fork mounts (you can find these on yakima's website, just make sure you buy the right fork width and axle size) and then just mount your bike to this with the bolted on mounts. I prefer this method and it is not a deal breaker not having the mounts like the sport has. A fork mount is around $50 and you can make it in any configuration you would like when mounted to the wood platform.

Likely will need one of the rear seats folded to get this to work. Also, adding a dropper post is an easy way to make it function too!

OP
OP
MostHumblest

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get a 2x8 and measure it the width of the cargo area. Mount some fork mounts (you can find these on yakima's website, just make sure you buy the right fork width and axle size) and then just mount your bike to this with the bolted on mounts.
This is a really clean solution! Quick search showed bed rail and rooftop fork mounts.. I'm assuming the bed one would mount better to the 2x8? Does it matter? Thanks for the pro tip!
Sponsored