Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had my Bronco for a month. I am careful with the interior, but as I was detailing it yesterday I noticed that the plastics on the interior are very easily scratched. I'm afraid that it won't take long before it looks really bad. Anyone else notice this? You'd think that with such a "rugged" vehicle, the interior plastics would be more durable.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I have noticed this especially in the rear cargo area. It seems like anytime I put something back there new scuff marks and scratches emerge on the cheap plastic. Ford definitely cut corners here.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Toyota has the same issue. I take care of my vehicles and my Tacoma's interior hard plastic panels scratch just by looking at them. I think this is what we live with when you have hard plastic surfaces.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have had my Bronco for a month. I am careful with the interior, but as I was detailing it yesterday I noticed that the plastics on the interior are very easily scratched. I'm afraid that it won't take long before it looks really bad. Anyone else notice this? You'd think that with such a "rugged" vehicle, the interior plastics would be more durable.
A number of people have noted the same thing.

2021 Ford Bronco Rear Interior Panel Quality

Best way to remove scratches from the cheap plastic interior?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Curious which plastics / areas you’re talking about. Any pictures?
Door panels, cargo area, cup holder/ gear shift area. Pretty much all over.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every interior scratches if you actually use it, drop shit on it... drag rings across it... Actually use it. I beat the shit out of my center console in my first one. It actually didn't scratch, I was impressed. The back plastic in the cargo area, and both sides scratched. But I used the hell out of them too and had the bronco packed with shit constantly during a move. Boxes, 8-9 trips to the junk yard... Fishing trips. Shit happens when you use things. The new one I know what to look for and how to protect it if I care too.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it’s the large plastic piece on the right and left sides of the rear cargo area.
Jacob, Builtright has some sweet ass molle panels for both the 2 and 4 door if you haven't already seen them and they cover that entire area of which you speak in the back. Oh yeah, did I say they are friggin awesome too? I am expecting mine next month. Would certainly prevent any further damage, but you will have to crack open that wallet wide once again as we are getting so used to doing these days with this ride.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jacob, Builtright has some sweet ass molle panels for both the 2 and 4 door if you haven't already seen them and they cover that entire area of which you speak in the back. Oh yeah, did I say they are friggin awesome too? I am expecting mine next month. Would certainly prevent any further damage, but you will have to crack open that wallet wide once again as we are getting so used to doing these days with this ride.
Oh wow. I knew these were in the works but I didn’t know they were for sale yet. Lol. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely might have to get them.:cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know of an suv or crossover/hatchback that doesn't have this problem. I'm sure they're open for suggestions for a different material. Gotta factor in cost and weight. Not too many materials are going to resist scratches from daily use.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota has the same issue. I take care of my vehicles and my Tacoma's interior hard plastic panels scratch just by looking at them. I think this is what we live with when you have hard plastic surfaces.
Yep. My FJ was more scratch prone than the Bronco in more prominent areas. Rubbing Vaseline over the scratches helps minimize them…but after a while, they’re not noticed anyway.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh wow. I knew these were in the works but I didn’t know they were for sale yet. Lol. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely might have to get them.:cool:
Yeah I'm pretty stoked for them, they are shooting for mid-February shipping.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Every interior scratches if you actually use it, drop shit on it... drag rings across it... Actually use it. I beat the shit out of my center console in my first one. It actually didn't scratch, I was impressed. The back plastic in the cargo area, and both sides scratched. But I used the hell out of them too and had the bronco packed with shit constantly during a move. Boxes, 8-9 trips to the junk yard... Fishing trips. Shit happens when you use things. The new one I know what to look for and how to protect it if I care too.
I've found cheap moving blankets work for all my SUV's to avoid the problem.

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=moving blanket

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I noticed this as well. I have infrequently used the rear cargo area and recently noticed scratches on the sidewalls. Also my daughter has ridden in the backseat only twice and I noticed scuffs and very light scratches on the interior of the rear door. I was very surprised in both instances. No telling how bad the cargo area will look in a couple of years.
Sponsored