First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just realized something on this topic. I am comparing my Bronco to the 2008 Xterra that I bought in late 2007 and which I replaced with the new Bronco. All this first world bullshit everyone is talking about, I had a '71 and a '77 Bronco and drove those for many years.......and at highway speeds. If you think the new Bronco is loud, just buy an EB and drive it for hundreds of miles at freeway speeds. My new Bronco is nice and awesome and VERY tolerably quiet compared to vehicles I loved and drove in the past. It's all about what you want and will tolerate and I am absolutely find with my new Bronco.
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Heā€™s telling you the truth. Itā€™s not only incredibly loud with wind noise from the hard top, it has the be the most squeaks and rattles in any vehicle produced in the 21st century. Riding in a Jeep only frustrates the issue more, they are so much quieter.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It ain't a Mercedes. There's a bit more noise than most cars, but most cars don't have tops too can friggin' remove completely. I haven't been bothered by the noise yet, and it was one of my concerns when buying a Bronco.

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just realized something on this topic. I am comparing my Bronco to the 2008 Xterra that I bought in late 2007 and which I replaced with the new Bronco. All this first world bullshit everyone is talking about, I had a '71 and a '77 Bronco and drove those for many years.......and at highway speeds. If you think the new Bronco is loud, just buy an EB and drive it for hundreds of miles at freeway speeds. My new Bronco is nice and awesome and VERY tolerably quiet compared to vehicles I loved and drove in the past. It's all about what you want and will tolerate and I am absolutely find with my new Bronco.
Haha..I hear ya! My ā€˜70 is beyond LOUD! My ā€˜22 is incredibly quiet compared to it. šŸ˜†

With that said, my ā€˜22 is so much quieter than I expected. šŸ˜Š

Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The faster you go the louder it gets. Definitely canā€™t use Bluetooth for a phone conversation on the freeway.
Really? šŸ§ Iā€™ve had multiple phone conversations at highway speeds, no problem hearing on either end.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The faster you go the louder it gets. Definitely canā€™t use Bluetooth for a phone conversation on the freeway.
I disagree I've had a Bluetooth phone conversation driving down the highway with the top off. The noise canceling tech is pretty impressive. I was shocked.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was pleasantly surprised to hear how quiet my BB 2-door was when I first started driving it. That was compared to my '05 Toyota Tundra access cab (1st gen).

I drove the Tundra today for the first time in months and was surprised at the sound difference - particularly refamiliarizing with how loud the truck is. There's a lot more V8 engine noise in the Tundra than the Bronco, but more boxy wind noise in the Bronco. Didn't run the decibel meter to get more scientific results or a dB vs. speed profile, but I wouldn't be surprised if the two vehicles were closer than initially suspected.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What?? I use my bluetooth when ever I want and people tell me how quiet it is compared to my F150. I have a soft top.

Br0nc0_Steve

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Sport SuperCrew, 2009 F150 STX Reg Cab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Our Wildtrak 4 door with a hard top is a little louder than I was expecting, but we used to have a convertible Mustang, so we arenā€™t too phased. My F250 Tremor is a lot quieter though, except for the Flowmaster .Lol

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree I've had a Bluetooth phone conversation driving down the highway with the top off. The noise canceling tech is pretty impressive. I was shocked.
I also have no problem with Bluetooth conversations on the highway doing usually 75, 4Dr Badlands with MIC top and rack. You can hear wind noise but it's not the noisiest vehicle ever. Radio is perfectly clear at vol level 7-8.

That said I ran no muffler for months and just did the Ford performance tune. The pitched changed and the drones new frequency drove me to reinstall the stock muffler. It's like freaking stealth mode now, I forgot how boringly quiet it is.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The noise level to me seems on par with your average 80s-90s boxy fixed roof car. I only used the hard top for a few months before switching to a Bestop (probably permanently) and there wasn't a significant enough difference in noise to care.
Sponsored