First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please understand we love the new Bronco itself. The forced interior colors by trim and gray MIC hardtop are what most people don’t like. This, along with no white top, fender flares etc. is why I will cancel my 2021 reservation. The Bronco has awesome retro styling but no retro color combos, all wheels are black or mostly black etc. My plan was Velocity Blue with white top, flares, etc. and a non black wheel - silver, aluminum, chrome, etc. I could modify post purchase, but these are things Ford should have offered from get go for all the talk of heritage etc. Did first gen Broncos have a faded looking black/gray top? I am hoping they rectify some of this for 2022, and we may be back in. Otherwise, I may go with a competitor. I already have a 4Runner TRD Pro and do like the Wrangler Rubicons...
Sponsored

Last edited:

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the black/roast leather would look great with Rapid Red- thats the color combo I really want.
I guess I need to see it with my own eyes versus the computer graphics.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the same boat with OBX. Neither of the options compliment the body color I was looking at (rapid red). Might need to get seat covers......

I’m with you on this trying to decide AMB or rapid red with the bronze leather idk. What I do know is we shouldn’t have to spend 50k on a vehicle just to put seat covers on it .

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a OBX since that was the 1st trim that offered all the options such as Mid/High/Lux . I'm not a big fan of that metalized look of the dash though or the velocity blue trim on the handles since I'll be getting Area 51 . Dark MGV is ok with me on the Badlands but that Orange trim with Area 51 ? Nope . The Wildtrak looks great with matching Area 51 trim on the inside but the interior choices , Yuck ! I'm going to get my Bronco but not my ideal Bronco it would seem :(

DesertDoesIt

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
desertdoesit.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 Ram Power Wagon 37's
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The interior struggle is real. I keep flip flopping between the Wildtrak and Badlands.

It will be a game time decision.

Sponsored

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else going through this? Initially I considered an OBX since primarily this will be a city baby. But I honestly couldn’t get passed the interior color.

So I moved to the next logical thing: Badlands. But it came so close to a WildTrak that it might make sense to go for the WildTrak. I like that the WT has gloss black grill, black wheels and initially the black gloss hard top. But I can’t stand the interior!

Does it make sense not to go with the trim you want because of the limited interior options? Shouldn’t Ford offer a neutral interior option on all trims? Say, Black Vinyl or Leather? What stops them from doing that?

It sucks not to go with the WT because of the two-tone interiors they are forcing on us.
I couldn't agree more and my wife is tired of me bugging her. Now because of the color and interior i don't even know what model i am getting. The MIC top looks better when the flares and mirrors are not paint color like on the OBX! Dangit!!!!!!

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The interior colors drove me from a Wildtrak with leather to a BadSquatch with MGV. Saved a bit in the process.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was planning on the OBX as well but the option of either blue or bronze interior turned me off.
I call it bronze after seeing the end piece of the upper dash in the sun. It's smooth and shiny...and it looks nasty.
I am assuming that the blue will look the same.

I dont want mgv for the same reasons I don't want leather. Too hot in sunshine without AC seats.

So I'm dropping down to bb and loading it up...minus the Sasquatch package.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was planning on the OBX as well but the option of either blue or bronze interior turned me off.
I call it bronze after seeing the end piece of the upper dash in the sun. It's smooth and shiny...and it looks nasty.

I dont want mgv for the same reasons I don't want leather. Too hot in sunshine without AC seats.

I've seen the cloth navy pier interior in person and I think it looks fantastic. The blue is dark and subtle, though still "anodized" on the upper dash like the brown interior. My problem is that it dosent go with the race red I want, but I like it enough I might be willing to switch to a boring exterior color.

Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree - when everything looks like shit - you take the one that stinks the least. How is there only ONE option on the highest trim level and Badlands gets TWO choices for ALL Black. The problem is that these 2 tone interiors won't age well (except that original black/saddle interior that was fire) and keeping it simple would've been a better option and kept more people happy. ALthough there could be strategy to it...I've worked at companies before where they refused (due to market perception) to do mass layoffs, instead they would make people so miserable and the working conditions so bad people would quit en masse - so mission accomplished - maybe Ford knows they can't get all of these done and need people to bow out.
After reading your first sentence I thought it was going to be a post about politics.... :)

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. May be it isn't seat covers I would need but a dash cover. The dash was the hardest thing to get over. I really don't want to get a Rapid Red body with blue interior. I can accept the roast seats but the rose bronze dash.....uugh

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've seen the cloth navy pier interior in person and I think it looks fantastic. The blue is dark and subtle, though still "anodized" on the upper dash like the brown interior. My problem is that it dosent go with the race red I want, but I like it enough I might be willing to switch to a boring exterior color.
From the pics I’ve seen, iconic silver looks pretty good and would go well with the blue interior.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's funny that the people who are getting hosed are the ones opting for the higher trim levels lol. Get a Base or a Black Diamond. Both come with neutral interiors (black and space gray). Get your Mid Package on the Black Diamond for your tech needs and you're good to go. Stop whining, be happy with less, and you won't be disappointed lol. There, problem solved. /s
lower-your-expectations-gif-5.gif