First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban / 70 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am posting so all can learn from my mistake.
When I picked up my Bronco, it was 10 degrees outside, so I took delivery in the Dealership service bay. I checked the outside of the bronco in detail, paint, panel fitment, inside the front interior, etc, and also glanced in the back seat, but due to this truck being inside the service bay, scratches that I discovered last week were not visible at that time.
Last week I pulled my truck outside (it still only has 26 miles on it), and actually jumped in the back seat to see how a passenger would fit (I have a two door). As my truck was sitting in the sun, I could now see scratches on both inside rear quarter panels. I realize this is not a major issue (like a blown motor) but still aggravating as I purchased a new vehicle, not a used one.

I am recommending that anyone picking up a bronco bring a flashlight to inspect their truck as now that my vehicle has been removed off the dealer lot, my salesperson said I am most likely "screwed".

Its very disappointing that this Bronco passed the Ford end of the line quality inspection and makes me wonder what else did I miss that I will discover in the future?

I posted pics for reference.

IMG-7552.jpg

IMG-7553.jpg

IMG-7554.jpg
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's amazing that a Bronco with two different trim model seats in the same vehicle could make it through quality control inspection, alas it happened to someone on this forum. It sucks that those were there. Sorry.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I picked up my Bronco, it was 10 degrees outside, so I took delivery in the Dealership service bay. I checked the outside of the bronco in detail, paint, panel fitment, inside the front interior, etc, and also glanced in the back seat, but due to this truck being inside the service bay, scratches that I discovered last week were not visible at that time.
Last week I pulled my truck outside (it still only has 26 miles on it), and actually jumped in the back seat to see how a passenger would fit (I have a two door). As my truck was sitting in the sun, I could now see scratches on both inside rear quarter panels. I realize this is not a major issue (like a blown motor) but still aggravating as I purchased a new vehicle, not a used one.

I am recommending that anyone picking up a bronco bring a flashlight to inspect their truck as now that my vehicle has been removed off the dealer lot, my salesperson said I am most likely "screwed".

Its very disappointing that this Bronco passed the Ford end of the line quality inspection and makes me wonder what else did I miss that I will discover in the future?

Ford Bronco Interior Scratches from Ford factory upon delivery IMG-7554

I would submit a warranty claim and ask that the panels be replaced. It is difficult to fully check a vehicle at delivery time. I take new vehicles home; wash it and detail the inside....that is when I see the things missed at the dealership.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Several years ago I bought a new car and took delivery at night/dark and after I got home I noticed the area around the radio looked like Edward Scissorhands had tried to use the radio. The dealer was good to make it right and replaced the scratched areas.

If this dealer wont make it right check with a few others. I wouldnt go off just what a salesman said.

Hope it works out.

Sponsored

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I'm with you that a new vehicle should be perfect but I will say the plastic interior is not very sturdy, in that it will scratch easy. I've just come to accept it

OP
OP

johnbu

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Appreciate the comments. Lesson learned for me. Hopefully others here can learn from my mistakes. If it gets corrected, I will provide an update.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You shouldn't have to, but try a little VRP or interior detailer and they may be ok. They don't appear to be deep gouges, just surface scuffs. The darker plastic colors show everything, not to mention the plastic in the Bronco just seems to scuff really easily. As mentioned, take it back under warranty if you can't correct it with a wet rag or some interior detailer.

OP
OP

johnbu

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will definately try some detailer....

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Detailer isn't going to work. I have scratches in mine due to luggage, etc.. Unless there is some miracle compound, it isn't coming out. It's surprisingly cheapish plastic. My new F150 is much more durable.

OP
OP

johnbu

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Detailer isn't going to work. I have scratches in mine due to luggage, etc.. Unless there is some miracle compound, it isn't coming out. It's surprisingly cheapish plastic. My new F150 is much more durable.
Glad to hear your F150 is more durable. I have the new F150 on reservation and I thought about cancelling it due to all the quality issues on the Bronco.
Sponsored