First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good job, looks like you did it backwards.
That's a much better way, going out the steep side a lot of trucks have rolled.
Sponsored

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah, I know. I need to get a compressor as well when I decide to get serious. Currently have some skid plates on order.
I've had some discussions with folks that don't understand how much power these broncos have. Claiming to run bigger tires, you need new gears, not understanding that the 4.70 gears will get it done with most reasonable tire sizes, and could even get away with it with the 40s' if you want to.
Though I think if I were to do 40s' I would want to go with the Dana 44 front drive unit and the 5.38 gears and the 32spline axles.
I am debating now as to whether go 35's or 37's, and keep my existing 33's as my winter tires. This of course would allow me to keep my original gearing. If you did 40's, I agree that would mandate a change in gearing. A lot weight gain once you get into 40's...

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am debating now as to whether go 35's or 37's, and keep my existing 33's as my winter tires. This of course would allow me to keep my original gearing. If you did 40's, I agree that would mandate a change in gearing. A lot weight gain once you get into 40's...
I've decided if I go 40's I'll update the driveline due to the strength concerns. I think 37's would be the biggest I would do on stock systems. And that would be plenty for many things.

A quick little bit of research looks that I would want the following.

Dana Ultimate 44 front drive unit ($3419.10)

32 spline Front Axle Shafts ($2,849.99)

Dana 60 semi-floating rear axle for the bronco (unavailable currently)

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've decided if I go 40's I'll update the driveline due to the strength concerns. I think 37's would be the biggest I would do on stock systems. And that would be plenty for many things.

A quick little bit of research looks that I would want the following.

Dana Ultimate 44 front drive unit ($3419.10)

32 spline Front Axle Shafts ($2,849.99)

Dana 60 semi-floating rear axle for the bronco (unavailable currently)
Those would be some sweet upgrades. By staying with 37's, I could take that cash and replace my suspension with a set of Kings or Fox.

rwm01

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1, 2023 Renegade, 2004 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Texas Off-Roadeo, the one Badlands on KO2 33's kept up just fine with all the 35s
I drove the Badlands on 33s at the Texas Off-Roadeo in October. I chose to drive it because I have a non-Sasquatch Badlands.

With 4 people in it, we used the skid plates a lot more than the Sasquatch Broncos, but handled all obstacles with ease.

(I did learn it would be best to add rear shock skid plates with the 33s).

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drove the Badlands on 33s at the Texas Off-Roadeo in October. I chose to drive it because I have a non-Sasquatch Badlands.

With 4 people in it, we used the skid plates a lot more than the Sasquatch Broncos, but handled all obstacles with ease.

(I did learn it would be best to add rear shock skid plates with the 33s).
I was there October 31!

rwm01

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1, 2023 Renegade, 2004 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 29

20221031_194554.jpg

Oceanfabreze

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As we all know, video/photos never really show how steep something really is. The sound of my tires slipping on the slickrock in Moab, UT as I enter into this bathtub on the infamous Hell's Gate Revenge trail, while in Crawl mode, will hint at how steep it really was. Lot's of fun, and certainly sphincter tightening...

you walked up that with ease. nicely done 👍

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '20 Veloster N
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the lifted Rubicon on 35's leading me inspired me, glad to read that I inspired you. Have faith in your Bronco, and if you can hook up with someone who knows the trail, follow them, and you will have a safe time, and a blast.
I agree with this; Hells Revenge was the third trail I’ve ever driven in my life (been a passenger here and there but bought the Bronco to really get into the playing outside with expensive toys). If I can do that trail as a complete novice I bet most anybody in here with a solid set and some stable nerves can hang as well! I went with a guy who ran that trail once about 8 years ago and we did the loooooong loop, I skipped the hot tubs and Hells gate but did the rest and it was INCREDIBLE! Our trucks are fucking tanks!

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those would be some sweet upgrades. By staying with 37's, I could take that cash and replace my suspension with a set of Kings or Fox.
If you decide to go to 37's, you should consider ordering the HOSS 3.0 steering rack too.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not planning on doing any upgrades like that for a few years (I plan to get all the life out of these Goodyears I paid for). But I'm sure if I do, a bunch of suspension stuff would come along. I may do 37s first with the stock SAS suspension and just do a body lift plus some clearancing.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well done. You made that shit look too easy.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not planning on doing any upgrades like that for a few years (I plan to get all the life out of these Goodyears I paid for). But I'm sure if I do, a bunch of suspension stuff would come along. I may do 37s first with the stock SAS suspension and just do a body lift plus some clearancing.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes good sense, you paid for them so definitely use them. As you will find out, you truck is very capable right out of the box. I am hoping to upgrade my wheels and tires later this spring. Interim, I intend on continuing to test the capabilities of the truck out.
Sponsored