Sponsored

Introducing the Upgraded Mabett Ford Bronco Wireless Charging Pad!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed mine, but I don’t drive often

I’ll post back when I do
IPHONE 13 mini in ipitaka case
39%
Placed on charger
CarPlay
Waze
Music

39% and hot when I got home an hour later and laggy on the OS

Mabett dash charger and mob armor wireless puck and I can GAIN CHARGE AND NOT OVERHEAT
Sponsored

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IPHONE 13 mini in ipitaka case
39%
Placed on charger
CarPlay
Waze
Music

39% and hot when I got home an hour later and laggy on the OS

Mabett dash charger and mob armor wireless puck and I can GAIN CHARGE AND NOT OVERHEAT
So with the OEM charger it stayed at 39% and got hot but with the Mabett charger it stayed cool and actually gained charge?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with the OEM charger it stayed at 39% and got hot but with the Mabett charger it stayed cool and actually gained charge?
No im a high package
Mabett burger is new

I had places a factory Apple puck in that spot and it overheated very fast

so this is a good item if I’m not running all that

maybe I’ll try just music although I’m not sure if all the apps draw to much or just CarPlay or what

I need to dive it more to see

that was a singular instance and it was about 74 ambient temp outside

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Introducing the Upgraded Mabett Ford Bronco Wireless Charging Pad! IMG_2276

That’s a Mabett dash charger with a mob armor charging puck
Thanks for the clarification. I'm still hoping to hear from people if the mabett replacement for the OEM charging pad works as advertised. The previous version didn't seem to be an improvement.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So… I bought one for my manual transmission.

The screws pattern is a direct match between the blank cover and the charging pad! Yesss… ✅

First issue: the harness is too short since it’s made to be at the front of the console. Nothin than can’t fixed with a little soldering and extra wires ✅

Second issue: there is a little gap around the charger. Several options here. Either cutting the rubber pad foreseen for automatic transmission (hmm… need to be a sleek cut) or 3D print a surround.
I went with option 2. I think this looks great.

Ford Bronco Introducing the Upgraded Mabett Ford Bronco Wireless Charging Pad! IMG_5750

See the little gap, and the charging pad is made to have the rubber “surround”

Ford Bronco Introducing the Upgraded Mabett Ford Bronco Wireless Charging Pad! IMG_5753

The printed “surround”

Ford Bronco Introducing the Upgraded Mabett Ford Bronco Wireless Charging Pad! IMG_5751

Final result. ✅

Love it!

Total time, probably 60 minutes with my son. He was on the 3D design and printing while i was soldering.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
whens it going to be back in stock?, heading on a trip later next week!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JRRFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Mustang GT, F-250, Expedition KR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett seems like only slight modification required for the manual… you should bring to market! @_2020_ How’s the performance? Shot you a dm for some additional details, thanks!

The screws pattern is a direct match between the blank cover and the charging pad! Yesss… ✅

First issue: the harness is too short since it’s made to be at the front of the console. Nothin than can’t fixed with a little soldering and extra wires ✅

Second issue: there is a little gap around the charger. Several options here. Either cutting the rubber pad foreseen for automatic transmission (hmm… need to be a sleek cut) or 3D print a surround.

Ford Bronco Introducing the Upgraded Mabett Ford Bronco Wireless Charging Pad! IMG_5751

The printed “surround”

Final result. ✅

Love it!

Total time, probably 60 minutes with my son. He was on the 3D design and printing while i was soldering.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JRRFalcon charging is good.
No overheating issue, the phone never feels warm when picking it up.

The only thing i face is the fan is loud on cold morning (35F and bellow). The noise goes away after a minute or so. I don’t know if this is due to the fan being slanted or if it always behaves the same way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett seems like only slight modification required for the manual… you should bring to market! @_2020_ How’s the performance? Shot you a dm for some additional details, thanks!
It seems I didn't receive your message. I have sent a message to you.

XchrisX89

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The printed “surround”

Final result. ✅

Love it!

Thanks for sharing this! I all but gave up on finding a worth wile solution for wireless charging with a manual. I'm gonna go this route, is there anything challenging with taking the center out? Is there something I should be on the lookout for when removing it? I figured the grab bar has to come off and use a pry tool to lift the clips out of place. Can I get enough access to the wiring like that or do I have to remove the shifter? If so, how?
Sponsored