Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

Woodypeoples

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I contributed to this thread, so wanted to post in it again. I have been lurking since before the reveal. Placed deposit week or two after reveal (wasn’t sure bronco was for me). Was really pumped from July to about October. The slow roll out of build & price worried me that it would be a year before I got my Bronco. Really got cold feet after the X-plan and top fiasco. Started second guessing. I drive 85 miles round trip for work and wondered if the Bronco was the right vehicle for that drive. Went and drove a BMW X5 and a Tesla X and Y. Liked them all, but decided the Y was the best value. Ordered in early November and taking delivery 11/30. Really liked the Autopilot feature. Will be great for my long drive to work. I have a truck that I am keeping, and my wife has a Navigator. I am sure I will be really sad when I start seeing Broncos hit the road, but until then, I’ll enjoy my Tesla. I’ll still be lurking. Interested to see how the Granger deal works out for everyone. Cheers!
Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve got a Big Bend reserved. I’m down to a BD and BL, especially after seeing the SEMA presentation and how modular the Bronco is.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im getting a badlands and quite frankly don’t need the sway bar disconnect. I want the black leather interior and lux package and that’s the only way to get those two things. Steel bumpers are great whether you off road or not. They come in handy big time in accidents. At the end of the day, they are all just trucks/suvs. Some snobs here want to make people feel like they aren’t worthy of certain features but those people are idiots. I had a challenger before this that had nearly 500hp. Did I need that much HP? Of course not, but I needed a vehicle so I got one I liked.
Exactly! I have and have had some powerful stuff it always suprises me at first then you get used to it and then its comfortable.
Will most people use all the features nope but i dont use all the features on my dvr,refridgerator,washer,as long as it starts and drives ill figure out how it works for me .
Im still very excited even though as expected alot of posters have grumbled and lost faith after b&p brought reality to their build,hang in there gang its gonna be a hoot!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
Buying for actual use of the key features that separate Bronco from other vehicles. Not an "imaginary use" type buyer of things. I recommend the former in terms of buying and life in general. Do things for real. Take the top off much as possible, explore somewhere you actually need the Bronco off-road features, and put at least one dent or ding on the underside! :)

Sponsored

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep.

Figured if I don’t like it as a daily, I’ll be able to sell within the first year and get money back plus some.

Something tells me I’ll end up long travel and 37s though… and happy.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My whole build is overkill. Just the way I like it 😎

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted a manual with a heated steering wheel. Only 1 option for me.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Overkill? That like too much money or fun? No such thing.

Buy what you want, YOLO!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll probably use every feature it has... at least once 🤣.

Seriously though, I’ve been stranded enough times that I know there is always the slim possibility that you’ll need a locker or disconnect so I’d rather have it for the just in case. Alabama mud ain’t no joke.

Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
I completely understand your debate with yourself over want versus need. I’ve done most of the same mental math you have and my conclusions always lead me back to stock Big Bend with manual. I’m also holding off until MY22 so we’ll see what options they offer. Depending on what the Heritage prototype turns out to be, I may end up changing my head math :)

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love that this thread is still going. I've been struggling internally with this very debate pretty much every day since I put my reservation in nearly a year ago. Ha. I'm 50% "get a tricked out Badlands, that way you won't regret not getting the 'best' one later on" and 50% "dude, c'mon, a stock Big Bend will do 100% of what you will ever use this vehicle for and get better mileage and cost way less"...

Lately, I've been pretty committed to Big Bend. It'll be replacing a Subaru Crosstrek that I use for camping, fishing and hauling around kayaks. I've taken that little 150hp 5-speed Subaru down pretty much every trail or forest road I'd ever drive the Bronco on... and other than its lack of low gearing to climb hills, it's been fine. I can't even imagine how much more capable the Bronco will be. Where would I even use all the capability of a Badlands? Not like I live in Moab.

Nevertheless, there's a solid chance I end up with a Badlands and then kick myself every time I fuel it up for hauling around all that "stuff" that I don't need...

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I initially wanted a black diamond because of the interior and the bumpers and such. Now I’m really considering just getting a base with Sasquatch… I’m never gonna off road, but I’d rather have the bigger engine and suspension then not have it and get the BD options.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love that this thread is still going.
As the OP, I also love that this thread is still going. But, a funny thing happened between the day I started this thread and now. I decided to forgo getting a Bronco and I bought a fully loaded Bronco Sport Badlands with the Badlands package. I got to a point where I just couldn't justify buying that fully loaded Bronco Badlands. Even though I could afford it, I kept coming back to that "Do I NEED it" question. The answer ended up being a resounding no.

I'm happy to say that I have no regrets. My Alto Blue BS does everything I need it to do and then some...all while costing about $15K less than I was prepared to spend on the Bronco. I'm not a hardcore off-roader, so missing out on all of the full-sized Bronco features won't cause me to lose any sleep. I used to think that I'd regret my decision once I saw the big boy in the real world. I attended a reveal event at my dealership before my BS was ready and got to sit in an Outer Banks Bronco. Maaaaan...that thing was so damn nice....and BIG. For about a good 15-20 minutes, I was really thinking about cancelling my BS order. At the time, I still had my Bronco reservation intact and the ordering process had yet to begin. After I calmed down, I remembered the reasons why I changed my mind and I've been ok ever since.

Ford did a helluva job with the Bronco and I will happily wave at any of you that I happen to see in these SE Michigan streets. But, I can confidently say that I won't be jealous. I picked the right vehicle for me and I couldn't be happier.
Sponsored