Sponsored

Is Ford going to update the hvac vents?

How’s your floor heater?

• Who cares about heat. It’s a purpose built 4x4.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there not vents under the seats? None of the vehicles I own have vents in the console for the rear.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there not vents under the seats? None of the vehicles I own have vents in the console for the rear.
Under the driver's side front seat, a vent gets air pressure when the floor setting on the HVAC controls is set.

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had read about this before taking delivery of my Bronco. I checked for airflow before signing the papers as I'd read some vents weren't connected. Seemed fine.

I live in Iowa and we've had our share of cold weather this year. I haven't had any complaints from the kiddoes in the back seat and I occasionally put my hand down there to check for heat.

2023 MY.

Related but unrelated -- I've never had a vehicle that warms up as fast as this one. 5 minutes of idling while we get the kids' coats on and it's pretty much at full steam. Other vehicles (Audi, Land Rover, VW, Volvo), we're 5 minutes down the road before any real warmth kicks out of the vents.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Related but unrelated -- I've never had a vehicle that warms up as fast as this one. 5 minutes of idling while we get the kids' coats on and it's pretty much at full steam. Other vehicles (Audi, Land Rover, VW, Volvo), we're 5 minutes down the road before any real warmth kicks out of the vents.

Do you have the 4 popper or the V6 engine?

giphy.gif

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took a short drive today and turned on the floor vents and had heat coming out at several setting levels. I have a base 2 door built 1/23/23 and it feels like the vents are all working as expected. I've had a bunch of reg cab short bed pickups so I have no idea what "back seat" heat is to compare to that. I had an older 1987 4Runner that actually had a separate heater at the back of the center console, but that was actually a small heater coil that had coolant running through it and a separate fan to blow across it. I wonder if there is some common combination going on for people that don't get the heat on the floor.

Sponsored

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

slinger91

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like a lot of compromises had to be made for the removable top and doors. Sound system acoustics not as good, roof panels that don’t sit in place with exact precision, HVAC that doesn’t flow as well as it would in an Explorer. Would people have preferred fixed doors and roof to avoid the other compromises?
If there was a choice for a fixed roof, I would have jumped on it. Rains here 269 day out of the year lol.

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Updated with poll.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi,

Is there any word on Ford adjusting the HVAC vents over an update? I assume they are all electronically controlled. A software update would be an easy fix, for the crappy airflow vents they put out.
I've taken the wash out interior out of the tub on a 4 door Badlands.. your vents run in squishy flat tubing from under the dash below the screen, down the side of the center hump and under each seats. Chances are thigh that they are disconnected under the flooring or just too squashed to work at this point, and thats on top of any design problems. Mine were both. Worked a bit better after but still nothing to write home about.

The tubing just kind of clicks together with no fasteners of any type.. just a loose friction fit. Very poor quality but what I would expect.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad I don't live anywhere where it gets too cold, but the heater vents really are a total antithesis to how strong the air conditioner is...

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I didnt realize until very recently reading some of the heating posts on the forum, that the 2dr has no vents under the seats for the passengers. The strange thing is the carpet has channel formations on both driver and passenger that "look like" there should be plastic vents under those. The carpet has no cutouts so not sure the purpose of those channels are. Maybe its for future retrofit ! :rolleyes: Can the 2dr peeps confirm this is across the board ?
Sponsored