Sponsored

Is it just me or…

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As a "Jeep convert," I've always explained the Jeep waive as a recognition of the concessions required to live with a CJ/Wrangler. Even a mall crawler still has to live with the day to day limitations for this life style vehicle. That's why it generally doesn't apply to things like the Compass or Grand Cherokee but would the Gladiator.

Under that rubric, Bronco's and Jeeps should waive freely! Weird tribal tendencies will always get in the way.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it’s my Southern roots, but I’m used to waving at people I pass on country roads or on a secondary street. When I see another Bronco I feel the need to wave and I’m just not getting a lot of reciprocation. Even when it’s obvious. I get that we don’t want to copy the “Jeep Wave” but we can do better. Thoughts?? Feel free to tell me I’m wrong, I just want some feedback here.
Bro... you know most people in Michigan are A-Holes... Except us of course ;)

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bro... you know most people in Michigan are A-Holes... Except us of course ;)
I’ve met assholes everywhere I’ve been. The mitten is no different!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PS - I wave at everyone and get most back I think. I don't really count... I just try to be nice to most people. Smaller-ish town out in the western part of southern lower Michigan. Closer to the big cities you get, the less friendly it gets. So A-holes are directly proportional to the size of the city you're in.

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I typically only wave when I see another Cyber Orange bronco, because it's so rare.

One time a Braptor driver cut across several lanes of traffic to wave hello during rush hour, and if was delightful, so I waved back.

Maybe it just has to be enthusiastic and with a smile; I can't ignore someone trying to spread joy.

SmashFaceKiller

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door, BL, SAS- velocity blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MSRP or under MSRP Bronco buyers simply wont be bothered with having to wave to ADM Bronco buyers. 🤣

I love this and I think there might be two groups that are excited to wave.

1) I waited 365+ days for my bronco to arrive and I’m in my first 3 months of ownership and I’m so excited to have my bronco, it’s so amazing and I’m still in disbelief….*forest gump wave* “Hi friend! Are you so excited too??” Only to settle in and start getting judgemental about door count choice

2) The bronco is so cool and I must have it at any cost. Who cares if it’s $10k over MSRP if I can have it now and join the cool kid club…What color shackles should I get to match my Area 51 moardoor? What offset and how much poke will get me over any curb in the mall parking lot? If I go for 37’s on my non SAS, can I expect rub on the 90 degree turn into carline pick up? Now that I think about it….. this group may be way too cool to wave.

Full disclosure; my bronco is a daily driving, grocery grabbing, waited for it, paid under MSRP, carline extraordinaire. I may have also recently purchased a second Area 51 with lovely red shackles 🙄. Still paid under MSRP though.

I welcome any and all judgement

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe it’s my Southern roots, but I’m used to waving at people I pass on country roads or on a secondary street. When I see another Bronco I feel the need to wave and I’m just not getting a lot of reciprocation. Even when it’s obvious. I get that we don’t want to copy the “Jeep Wave” but we can do better. Thoughts?? Feel free to tell me I’m wrong, I just want some feedback here.
I was firmly in the camp of not waving as to not copy "a Jeep thing". Once I got my bronco and was able to feel the pride of ownership, I find now I'm wildly waving like a blissful idiot at other Bronco owners. I do enjoy when it's reciprocated. I've noticed the "Jeep thing" tends to be a raised hand on the steering wheel like this:

Ford Bronco Is it just me or… 1691497407859

Meanwhile I'm out here like this:

Ford Bronco Is it just me or… 1691497389769

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am just wondering what happened in America that has morphed the population into a bunch of attention addicted folks that cannot make a decision on anything without seeking "internet validation" from a group of people they do not know. I couldn't care less if you wave back at me. Yaa"ll turn your damn photo filters off also. You look like a plasticoted dead person people....

(attempt at sarcastic humor) Old boomers probably understand. :)

Last edited:

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It might just be me, but I would never know if someone was waving at me. I am the Queen of minding my own business. I rarely ever look at someone in their vehicle.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mostly I wave or give thumbs up at older 4x4s, out of shared acknowledgment and appreciation for keeping an old 4x4 rolling. So I'd say it's based on how much I might have in common with owners of other vehicles.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

When I'm driving I'm paying attention to the road. I'm not looking into someone's glass to see if they wave.

I live in Dallas and there are a MILLION Broncos on the road so it's not uncommon to see 5 a day just going to the grocery store. They're everywhere here.

I wave when people are nice at lights, when people follow the rules at stop signs, or if they let me in / vice versa with traffic but it is always 100% about me, where my head is at and what I have going on vs someone else waving.

I also work an insanely stressful job and my car is my down time or my unwind time. I'm listening to music or a podcast and just staying safe on the road.

Always wave. It's very nice. If I don't wave back you didn't do anything wrong, I was probably just 1000 miles away upstairs thinking about how I'm going to finish a project or finding a spot to pull over to fight with apple carplay. :ROFLMAO: