Is it just me or....

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pushing back release, misinformation, and little TMZ type spoilers is not hype, it’s high school.
Yeah, not saying I agree or like it because I don't. It just makes one wonder if it is this much of a cluster or some plan that sounded better on paper than in all reality...
Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pushing back release, misinformation, and little TMZ type spoilers is not hype, it’s high school.
Probably at least partially why heads are rolling at Ford. This Bronco should have been a slam dunk for Ford.

Concentrate on 2 things.
1. Beat the Wrangler
2. Bring back nuances of the early Broncos

They may beat the Wrangler, but how can Ford forget? to make a soft top an option on the 2 door. And then the roof/flare/grill color mismatches.

And Ford got the new Bronco to somewhat bring back memories of the early Broncos. It would be better if Ford offered white roof, white steelies and white grills as options for a stronger connection to the early Broncos.

But the delays/ misinformation / product changes late in the game are the biggest problems.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a list of modifications planned printed and hanging on the garage wall above the tool chest. I have the feeling the great 200 plus piece accessories catalog is not going to be all that thrilling once it hits the light of day. Cannot wait for the aftermarket to explode with new pieces to install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Benji_Allgood

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course people invested in the development of this car are hoping it’s exactly what they envision in their head. How does that signify nobody is willing to do any aftermarket mods?
There are numerous posts/threads all over the forum complaining about certain things not coming with a particular trim. Things that would be easy to add/change later. I just think it's a little whiney is all. By all means, they can do what they want, say what they want, feel how they feel. This is not a trolling post. To me, it's just not a big deal. Hoping people can understand that and not feel trapped into going up a trim level just for some lights. Like... it's ? Don't worry. "You can't always get what you want"

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also have to remember the original reveal was supposed to happen in March. Then Covid-19 reared its ugly head. So everything got thrown to the back burner while the world tried to figure out what was going on. Ford dropped everything to do with cars and started making PPEs and ventilators. The company I work at that is owned by Ford has just made its 20 millionth face shield. Ford has made over 100 million face masks. When I was making face shields there was no talk of cars, it was all about face shields. I am sure most of the engineers, web creators and whatever group of people it takes for a "LAUNCH" were like OH NO what about the Bronco reveal and launch. During a normal reveal/launch they probably have huge meetings and everyone that is involved sits in on these meetings/conferences. With Covid-19 all of that got totally flipped on its head. No meetings to discuss this, that or whatever. They had to do everything over ZOOM. I drove by Ford on the Dearborn campus on Monday around noon by one of the Product development buildings and there wasn't one car in the parking lot. Back in the normal days I would drive by around 3pm in the afternoon and there would be at least 50 cars in the parking lot. Just my 2 cents.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also have to remember the original reveal was supposed to happen in March. Then Covid-19 reared its ugly head. So everything got thrown to the back burner while the world tried to figure out what was going on. Ford dropped everything to do with cars and started making PPEs and ventilators. The company I work at that is owned by Ford has just made its 20 millionth face shield. Ford has made over 100 million face masks. When I was making face shields there was no talk of cars, it was all about face shields. I am sure most of the engineers, web creators and whatever group of people it takes for a "LAUNCH" were like OH NO what about the Bronco reveal and launch. During a normal reveal/launch they probably have huge meetings and everyone that is involved sits in on these meetings/conferences. With Covid-19 all of that got totally flipped on its head. No meetings to discuss this, that or whatever. They had to do everything over ZOOM. I drove by Ford on the Dearborn campus on Monday around noon by one of the Product development buildings and there wasn't one car in the parking lot. Back in the normal days I would drive by around 3pm in the afternoon and there would be at least 50 cars in the parking lot. Just my 2 cents.
Wise words and very true.
It's easy to get overly excited and critical these days.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re absolutely correct, but that’s no excuse for misinformation. They stated they were making masks, that’s awesome I’m glad they are. But their “rockstar” Levine is saying “by this“ or “by that”. How about he just tweets “I have no clue when it will drop”. I’d have more respect for that because it the truth, instead of his coy games. That’s who I have the biggest problems with, they need to keep him on a leash.

And no that’s not being overly critical.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford gave everyone a million dollars with their brand new "Bronco" people would still find a reason to complain. I wanted it all in 100s, no i wanted it in 50s, do i have to pay tax on this. I want it in brown paper bags. No plastic garbage bags, i want it in a Samsonite suitcase.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itll already be the most customizable Ford vehicle and people are still mad they can't do this or that...like every other car in the world, do it yourself after the fact. I agree 100%
Agreed. I already contacted a place to remove my carpet and rhino line the floor.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lack imagination. Seeking inspiration and free labor to install all the really cool stuff that hasn't been made yet.

Otherwise, Ford did a damn good job making the Bronco look badass fresh out of the box.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I think the reason people do not want to do things themselves right away is that they do not want to change one suspension component and have that void the whole warranty on all parts now related to that. Especially with this being a first year model. Just used suspension as an example. So if you can get these "cool things" installed from Ford and keep the warranty intact it is probably the way to go.
Sponsored