First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it’s my Southern roots, but I’m used to waving at people I pass on country roads or on a secondary street. When I see another Bronco I feel the need to wave and I’m just not getting a lot of reciprocation. Even when it’s obvious. I get that we don’t want to copy the “Jeep Wave” but we can do better. Thoughts?? Feel free to tell me I’m wrong, I just want some feedback here.
I get it....I got so tired of the "Harley Wave" when I was riding a lot. It became obnoxious.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can fix that. You've got a friend in Denton now and if you ever want to go wheel, I messaged you off to the side.
For sure! I think there's an aspect of mind-your-own-business the bigger, more urban the town. Denton back in '96 was still kind've country, but it was the edge, a college town; even now, you wave out in parts Decatur and Tioga, etc, lot of those people wave back.

The more people there are, the more people are in your business if you're not careful. I know living in the Bay Area, you weren't going around waving at folks, especially in the city.

It's gotta be weirder starting in a city/suburb and moving to the country, all those friendly waving people. What do they want!?! Suspicious, or country nice? :LOL:

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll acknowlege any make/model vehicle I appreciate, Broncos included.
I don't always wave. Sometimes I'll nod. I don't care too much if they reciprocate.

Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being a British MC rider I got snubbed so many times from Harley riders I gave up waving to anyone. I do occasionally use a middle finger wave on my bike though.
I had the same results when I owned my Triumph. Like I was invisible (or maybe their vision was blurry from the vibration) just gave up waving.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed it’s girls and women that dont wave, guys usually notice and wave back

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I appreciate everyones feedback. Looking at all of your responses on here I do feel there’s more of a correlation with being/living in a small town vs urban environment. I feel like my ride is my happy place and so I’ll just keep doing what I’ve always done. If any of y’all happen to be around SE Michigan for the Woodward Dream Cruise and you see a Ox White WT waving at you, it’s just me and I’d be happy to shoot the shit with any of you. Thank y’all again for sharing your thoughts, even the rude ones 😉

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately it is obvious from this forum that Bronco people aren't the nicest people around, many are downright A-holes. And what a shame, because it so cool.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately it is obvious from this forum that Bronco people aren't the nicest people around, many are downright A-holes. And what a shame, because it so cool.
Maybe in your neck of the woods, I have found fellow Bronco owners to be helpful, ready to chat and friendly

Sponsored

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only time I wave is when I need to give them the middle finger for being an asshole on the road...usually accompanied with a long blast on the horn.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate everyones feedback. Looking at all of your responses on here I do feel there’s more of a correlation with being/living in a small town vs urban environment. I feel like my ride is my happy place and so I’ll just keep doing what I’ve always done. If any of y’all happen to be around SE Michigan for the Woodward Dream Cruise and you see a Ox White WT waving at you, it’s just me and I’d be happy to shoot the shit with any of you. Thank y’all again for sharing your thoughts, even the rude ones 😉
Oh wait, now you wanna TALK!?! 😱

Just kidding! My sister used to say I was like a mouth on a stick. Maybe if I'm around those parts, we can wheel and shoot the sheep over the jabber-walkies.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just skip the wave and throw ducks at everyone I pass. Problem is they were getting blown away in the wind, so now I put a steel bearing in each one. Most people aren’t as appreciative as you’d think they’d be. 🤷🏻‍♂️

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wow... It usually takes longer than that for people to realize we're a bunch of A holes... Kudos sir.. you have a gift !!!! (rolling eyes).

Just curious, but what gave it away ? The snarky, sarcastic, comments you took as serious ?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just skip the wave and throw ducks at everyone I pass. Problem is they were getting blown away in the wind, so now I put a steel bearing in each one. Most people aren’t as appreciative as you’d think they’d be. 🤷🏻‍♂️

See, you need the Ducktronic 2000 powered duck launcher, mounted to the front drivers fender works best I've found.
Sponsored