Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does it seem like there's a good percentage of people unwilling to make simple modifications to their future Bronco? ...that they just want it to get delivered exactly as they have it in their heads. Just my humble opinion...but that makes zero sense. How is Ford supposed to crank out all these rigs in time when they're all sooooo different? That's why they made these trims, and other factory options. It's also why they made it easy to modify with simple tools. Don't like those grey flares or top? Swap em out with some you do like. Or paint them. Or wrap them. Go crazy!! Want better lights? Go aftermarket. Or buy the signature ones from Ford and swap em out! They made it super easy for us. Which is brilliant! That's what we want. I feel like in a few years when all these sweet builds are on the road....the best ones aren't going to be standard factory options. It's going to be from the people willing to put in some work to make their rigs unique, and custom to their specific needs. The factory is getting us some really great options...but after that, it's on us to build on it. Ford, you're killin it! I can't wait til next year!!
Your theory is correct in a sense but not entirely. Many of the options that you can choose to have included in the invoice price will be considered Dealer Installed Options (DIO). These items will probably include things like the rock rails, bumpers, roof racks, lighting setups, etc. So your Bronco will get built and delivered when it was supposed to be, then the dealership will have the invoiced accessories installed free of charge to the customer. The non-DIO will cost you more though. So, many of those options that people will be opting into won't even be installed at the factory therefore keeping build times where they are supposed to be.
Sponsored

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your theory is correct in a sense but not entirely. Many of the options that you can choose to have included in the invoice price will be considered Dealer Installed Options (DIO). These items will probably include things like the rock rails, bumpers, roof racks, lighting setups, etc. So your Bronco will get built and delivered when it was supposed to be, then the dealership will have the invoiced accessories installed free of charge to the customer. The non-DIO will cost you more though. So, many of those options that people will be opting into won't even be installed at the factory therefore keeping build times where they are supposed to be.
Correct, this was pretty much stated by NayNay another user in this forum. She works at a dealership and even showed how x-plan pricing also affects DIO

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me, or all we all thinking this thing wrong. Everyone keeps saying I donā€™t want to wait until 2022 for a Bronco. Yet, the car industry has model year of cars the year prior. My Tacoma for example was a 2008, and I bought it 2007. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally, I see both sides of this. It's super nice to get things bundled in from the factory for people on a budget or really anyone that is financing. Also, for things like lift kits, they would be backed by the factory warranty so that's also a huge plus. Lastly, the aftermarket will take about a year from when they start getting their hands on Broncos to build a lot of the options everyone wants.

Some people are just sick of waiting and don't want to shell out more money for what they feel should have been a standard option.

I totally get it, but I am still glad the Bronco's are as easy to modify as Jeeps and for those who can't afford the factory options I am happy the aftermarket is going to come out swinging so they can modify later.
Just a reminder that legally they can't void a warranty if they cant prove the modification caused the the issue, also lift company's like BDS/Zone they will give you a lifetime warranty or 3year for zone will also then fight that case on your behalf free of charge.

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. I'm going with base. Break it in a few years to wait see what the capitalists in aftermarket industry will come up with.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a list of modifications planned printed and hanging on the garage wall above the tool chest. I have the feeling the great 200 plus piece accessories catalog is not going to be all that thrilling once it hits the light of day. Cannot wait for the aftermarket to explode with new pieces to install.
Off topic, but where did you get your avatar pic? That's exactly the front I'd like to have. I'd paint the tow hooks red like that and everything.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a reminder that legally they can't void a warranty if they cant prove the modification caused the the issue, also lift company's like BDS/Zone they will give you a lifetime warranty or 3year for zone will also then fight that case on your behalf free of charge.
Wow I had no idea lift companies would fight on your behalf. I have a Rock Krawler lift on my Jeep and they also have a lifetime warranty so I wasnā€™t worried about any of that, but a lot of people go with cheaper suspensions and then blame Jeep for issues.

I have never had a problem with my Jeep dealer but my Jeep dealer is really good about modded jeeps. I think the biggest concern with most people is not knowing how their dealer will handle mods and they donā€™t want to deal with it even if the dealer legally had no grounds to void the warranty.

You are less likely to get a hard time if the dealer installed a Ford Performance part than if you installed an aftermarket part regardless of warranties.

Itā€™s not one of my concerns, but I do understand it.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off topic, but where did you get your avatar pic? That's exactly the front I'd like to have. I'd paint the tow hooks red like that and everything.
Glad you like it, please check DM.
Sponsored