Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just my 2 cents. Sport mode in my F150 is fun, on occasion, but makes "regular" driving jerky, with very aggressive throttle tip in and awkward shifting at partial throttle. The transmission is pretty adaptive to your style and it literally never feels out of gear or constantly upshifting like my prior 6sp/Coyote combo did sometimes. I use it on occasion, but it wouldn't be a feature that would make me move models.
Read somewhere that the Sport Mode shuts off the auto start-stop. Is that true and does the mode need to be reset everytime you shut down?
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We're going in blind though with no reviews.
Ford behaves arrogantly & unprofessionally - in areas where it would be stupid-easy to hit a home run.

This seeming incompetence draws me to believe the worst when all these other hiccups surface.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Umm, what? So people are switching trims just in order to get “Sport mode”?? ? it’s a Bronco, not a sports car. I have paid literally no attention to any of the GOAT modes. It might as well just have one mode, normal.
I never considered these modes either... until I got to drive something that had it. While it may not be a sports car, some days you just gotta go fast... and now there is an option for it. I'm not choosing a trim just for SPORT mode, but it will need to be an option available if drive modes exist.
I don't plan on doing anything in the rocks, so baja, snow, sand, sport, and eco (for those long trips) will be good modes to have.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read somewhere that the Sport Mode shuts off the auto start-stop. Is that true and does the mode need to be reset everytime you shut down?
I believe it does, but you still need to set Sport mode each shut down, same as start/stop.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sport mode on my Raptor is the #1 mode I use the most. The lag in Normal is huge and annoying. In Sport the lag is gone and the throttle response is instantaneous. The difference when merging with traffic is huge.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only drive my Mustang in Sport mode, well My Mode > Sport for throttle, transmission, steering and Track for exhaust. But I am getting a Badlands, from what I understand Baja has almost the same parameters as Sport mode and then you just turn off 4H. I think that will suffice for me when I want a more spirited drive.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only drive my Mustang in Sport mode, well My Mode > Sport for throttle, transmission, steering and Track for exhaust. But I am getting a Badlands, from what I understand Baja has almost the same parameters as Sport mode and then you just turn off 4H. I think that will suffice for me when I want a more spirited drive.
Based on the video from Bronco Nation, there was some question on whether Baja mode on the Bronco allows you to switch it from 4H and stay in Baja. The graphic said off road only for it...

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Faster, not really. My Mustang had essentially the same time 0-60 in and out of sport mode.

That being said, I mostly only drove it in sport mode, until I got the tune, which simulated sport mode plus some other stuff. Main difference on the Mustang was it shifted more crisply and holds the RPM's higher.

I think it makes driving more fun in general.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've decided on Badlands trim but learned there is no "sport mode" available on that trim. I will be getting the 2.7 engine. Is not having sport mode a big deal? If it was available, how often would you use it?
I'm getting a Badlands and was a little bummed when I learned this a while back. I'm also getting the 2.7L and that should make the Badlands go pretty fast on road. The more I learn about Baja mode, the more excited I am about that. Badlands has more suspension travel than any other trim (including Squatch), so with the Bilsteins out running hard in desert or dirt trails in 4H, it should be a blast.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting a Badlands and was a little bummed when I learned this a while back. I'm also getting the 2.7L and that should make the Badlands go pretty fast on road. The more I learn about Baja mode, the more excited I am about that. Badlands has more suspension travel than any other trim (including Squatch), so with the Bilsteins out running hard in desert or dirt trails in 4H, it should be a blast.
Sport mode won't make your car any faster. You'll have just as much fun going fast in normal vs sport.

I find sport modes (at least the ones that don't do anything meaningful like suspension heights or awd settings) are completely worthless. They just hold you in a higher gear when maintaining a steady speed (like 8 instead of 10) to burn fuel and annoy you.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 2.7 10SP spools a bit quicker than the 3.5l. The 2.7/10SP seems really well matched. Remains to be seen with the Bronco weight/gearing/tire options. I am optimistic that the various modes and tune will be pretty pleasing. The other bonus, as long as the EPA doesn’t require lockdown, the combo has lots of tuning room too. I think we will all find our way with or without sport mode??