Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All,

Please remove if this is answered somewhere (apologies - first post).

We received our 2024 Everglades about 2 weeks ago. We love it, and want to keep it for awhile. I've been quoted for a Clear XPEL PPF full install for $5k. (We want clear as we like the Eruption Green)

Is it worth it? I realize answers will be somewhat subjective but I'd like to protect the paint.

I'm a n00b when it comes to off-roading, will it protect it from rocks, tree branches, etc?
definitely.
Sponsored

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cheapest route to protect your paint is to apply a spray ceramic like Griot's 3 in 1 and to learn the proper way to keep a car clean, don't tailgate people, and park away from other cars.
This. The Griot’s 3 in 1 is pretty great, lasts for months, and is super damn easy to apply. I was a Zaino guy for years, and the Griots blows it away in both appearance and ease of use..

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think so. I had SunTek Ultra Defense - 10mil- installed on both sides and the hood. In Arizona lots of the trails/roads are overgrown with brush. It has save the paint from a couple of major scratches and lots of pinstriping so far. It is also self healing - in Death Valley we were driving through the brush on an old railroad grade and got a large deep scratch. within a week and it completely healed. I paid $3400

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PPF does indeed work, but it just doesn’t last very long unless you baby it. Heavy wear areas will start to show signs after 3-4 years.

$5K is also way too much to protect a vehicle like this and in this price range.

PPF mostly must be done by a professional, but if you have done a paint correction, you can apply ceramic yourself if you have a garage and a weekend free.

If you plan to off-road, I honestly would do neither and just buy a decent pressure washer, foam cannon, and good products (Adams, Chermical Guys, Griot’s, etc), then apply a paint sealant or ceramic. Ceramic is like every 2 years and sealant annually following a correction.

I will keep my Bronco until it’s either destroyed, or gives out, but I have no plans to protect the paint like prior street cars. Hell, I rarely ever wash it since I go wheel every other weekend during the warm months like now. I’ll spray off any caked on mud, but it’s been dirty now since a trail day in February with only rain baths.

For $5K, I’d just clean it and get a paint pen from the dealership and an orbital and fill in any scratches.

I have a big penstripe right now down the passenger side from a branch during a trail ride in NC back in December. I may take care of it in a few weeks, but not sure I care. As long as it’s not a dent, I’m good with the stories the scratches tell.
I’m in this camp. My Bronco is a friggin mess now after 4 days in Baja and a few more in California. The interior is a dusty shitshow.

I’m glad I have an air compressor at home to blow dust out of nooks and crannies. And I can borrow an orbital if I ever get motivated to buff out the hellacious pinstriping. I’m not gonna baby this beast. I’d rather spend $5k on something else. But hey, that’s my opinion. Many others like the PPF. And that’s cool too.

RB23

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco SAS Badlands, 2021 Tesla Y, 2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were out exploring trails this past weekend and found ourselves navigating between some branches a few times. When I got out to air back up I found this pinstriping on both sides of our one-month-old Badlands. Yikes!

Fortunately, we had a full XPEL PPF installed and after a good wash, and some further inspection there wasn't any remaining artwork left to be seen. Would it have scratched the paint without PPF? I don't know. I do know that it's already proved its worth to us.
Ford Bronco Is PPF Wrap Worth it? scratches
Sponsored