derpydestiny

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT HB (MT)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a long commute as well. Milage will add up fast. Concerned about same thing, plus I was Manual Trans which means smaller engine. Im thinking at the least I may have to ditch the manual trans for a bigger engine.
I don't get that theory of yours. Putting highway miles on a 4 cylinder is nothing. I had a WRX and drove 70-80 miles a day going back and forth between work in NJ and home in Queens, NY which meant heavy traffic. Had that car for almost 5 years and put 80000 miles on it and the only issue I had was due to the dealership crossing threads on one of my spark plugs which ultimately allowed it to blow out of the engine. My parents had a Pontiac Vibe with a 1.8l (granted it was a Toyota) engine that had 294000 miles on it when they got a new vehicle and the didn't have an issue once with the engine. 4 cylinders are solid and you'll probably get better mileage depending on some factors like tires.
You do you. Get what you want. But if the mileage on a 4 cylinder is your worry, save yourself the money of upgrading your engine and put it towards a lux package. Also keep in mind that the 2.3 has been around for a while now but that 2.7 is new and issues will be unknown until a few years down the line.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will say this in closing... Back in 2008 (or 2009 don't remember), I bought a Hyundai Elantra. Because back then 1. They were cheap (13k brand new) 2. They got like 31 mpg 3. Gas prices shot through the roof 4. DD round trip for me was/is 76 miles per day. 5. My current Bronco (at that time) '94 w/351 got maybe 12 mpg on a good day. 6. It cost me less to finance and drive the Hyundai than my Bronco... and I mean like $150+/- per month less.

Now, a bit older, gas prices are lower, I make more money. So for me, this Bronco will be my daily driver (to replace my '12 Mustang that's served me well). So if you like the Bronco, can deal with a pickup truck type ride, then dive right in. You won't be disappointed.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you go Bronco the OBX is the pick for you. Also we dont know how much wind noise the Bronco is going to have with the tops. The gladiator is loud on the highway if you do a lot of work on bluetooth calls. Another thing to consider is if you drive clients for work and need back seat room (Bronco only has 36.3" rear legroom/Honda Ridgeline has 36.7" for comparision) then I would recommend a 2021 Tahoe or Yukon with the 3.0. They will be out with the 3.0 Duramax in the next couple months. Truck owners are hitting 30 MPG highway with regularity and the Duramax has a standard 100k powertrain warranty . For 2021 the 3.0 Diesel is only a 1k upcharge over the 5.3.

Last edited:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you keep your truck for the farm. Then based on your commute and Kansas weather (wife is form Columbus) I would look at the Bronco Sport Badlands. It’ll handle the commute better and still have the 4X4 capability required for a construction site.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear OP,

1. Does the vehicle you drive put a smile on your face, or make you feel good and enjoy life, or does it make you feel like you're just another clone, driving up and down the roads without ever looking around?

2. Life is short. Sometimes life is cut short. You only get one life. Don't fret over stupid shit.

3. Buy what you want, drive the shit out of it, an enjoy life.

Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you're going to enjoy the car without it affecting your finances, then get it. If you can't own it without the enjoyment being hindered by the odometer number increasing, scratches, depreciation, monthly payments, fuel consumption etc, then don't get it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life's too short. If you're going to sit in a car for ~90 minutes each day, buy one that you look forward to driving. Bronco should be fine on that commute. It is kind of silly that the want for steering wheel heat or adaptive cruise control is forcing a decision on which model tho...
Absolutely. But I very much disagree about the adaptive cruise control. I drive all day in a work van in stop and go, highway etc. I set the cruise every single chance I get so I can relax my feet and my legs. I have the cruise control in my Challenger and I wish I had it on my van, it’s a life saver and makes driving with cruise so enjoyable. Instead of having to turn it off, then turn it on, off, on, off on. It’s frustrating.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a boring 7 passenger SUV that I drive for work. I drive 80 mile round trip for work (easy traffic, mostly highway). I need the capability of an SUV to visit construction jobsites. Traditionally, I had driven trucks, but didn't need the truck bed. I still have a truck too, and I rarely drive it. My plan was to get the Bronco and get rid of both the SUV and the truck (truck will retire to our farm). Is my mileage wrong for the Bronco? Money isn't an issue with initial purchase, but worried about total cost to own. Planning on Badlands or Wildtrak.
Only you can answer that question, friend. You probably already know the answer and are looking for reassurance one way or another. I say go with your instincts on it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear OP,

1. Does the vehicle you drive put a smile on your face, or make you feel good and enjoy life, or does it make you feel like you're just another clone, driving up and down the roads without ever looking around?

2. Life is short. Sometimes life is cut short. You only get one life. Don't fret over stupid shit.

3. Buy what you want, drive the shit out of it, an enjoy life.
1,000,000% this!

I bought a 2012 Toyota Corolla brand new, I was 27. I went a year and I realized I was bored as hell with it and look just like everyone else and the only nice thing I could say was, “THE GAS MILEAGE THOUGH!” Side note: I now drive a work van so this does make it a little harder to justify as my car is not a daily. I did drive 2 Camaros for 6 years as a daily though.

After going through 2 camaros and now a Challenger I would not trade that feeling for anything. Every time I see my car when I come home from work I’m in love. Every time I start it I’m in love and every time I can drive it, I marvel at how fun it is and how much joy it brings me.

Yesterday I went to Bandimere Speedway in Colorado and I slapped on 315 drag radials and I ran that bitch hard all the way to a 12.896 and when I got my ticket coming off the track I screamed in exuberance because that was something I truly wanted to see at almost 6000’ above sea level. I’ve never been more excited about anything, I was ecstatic. I can now say I have a 12 second car at altitude which is no small feat. Sorry tangent over, moral is drive something fun, it’s worth it. Promise.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be political op but mileage will only matter depending on the election. If trump wins we will be looking at 2 dollar gas for awhile.
I think a bronco might be overkill unless you take it out for adventures once in awhile otherwise any Jobsite type truck might work for you.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I currently have a boring 7 passenger SUV that I drive for work. I drive 80 mile round trip for work (easy traffic, mostly highway). I need the capability of an SUV to visit construction jobsites. Traditionally, I had driven trucks, but didn't need the truck bed. I still have a truck too, and I rarely drive it. My plan was to get the Bronco and get rid of both the SUV and the truck (truck will retire to our farm). Is my mileage wrong for the Bronco? Money isn't an issue with initial purchase, but worried about total cost to own. Planning on Badlands or Wildtrak.
Sounds like a Bronco would fit the need easily as long as you don't need 7 passenger capability. Mileage is what it is, either 80 on the current truck or on the Bronco and I don't see gas mileage being much difference, not like a Suburban is knocking numbers out of the park either. I'd pick whatever trim suites your commute, if cost isn't a concern why not go WT and option it with the lux package.

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The first time I saw it I thought it had to be a joke and then I saw a video. I know this is rude and I’m sorry ahead of time? Maybe. But this truck is designed for people with too much money and no taste. It just screams, “LOOK AT ME!! I HAVE MONNNNEEYYYYYYY!” It’s the douchiest thing I’ve ever seen. It’s like all the hideous clothes designers come up with for exorbitant amounts of money that celebrities buy up so they’re “unique.” While the rest of the world is staring at them like, “Sweet ass, leather, lime green dress lined with hot pink, brown and blue with puffy shoulders with the added scent of cat piss and a veil? I guess?”

Sometimes I think it’s all an elaborate ruse to see how stupid they can make rich people look while they laugh behind the scenes.
Like, how many people are actually going to put anything in the bed?

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To the OP, if you have to ask if it’s wrong for you or your needs then it probably is. At some point when WFH ends and I have to go back into the office every day then I will be doing 65 miles a day again. Is the Bronco the best vehicle for that type of commute? No, not by a long shot. Do I still want one? You betcha.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People overlook that the appeal of the Tesla Cybertruck is the flux capacitor that will come standard on the vehicle.

But you will have to pay extra for the programming upgrade to allow the vehicle to go faster than 87 MPH.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like, how many people are actually going to put anything in the bed?
Ill take 0 for $1000 Alex.

Ford Bronco Is the Bronco wrong for me? 1603120068539

Admit it you just hummed the song.
Sponsored