First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only information I found on the X-plan in general is that it's for family or friends of employees. Can you link me or tell me what it all entails so I can understand why everyone's irritated? Thank you.
Ford: (Dealer Invoice Price) - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice Price) + ($275 Administration Fee) = X-Plan Price

It was just going to be a simple way of buying without having to haggle or shop around. Taking it away is going to allow most dealers to sell at MSRP (some may even markup). I was eligible because of stock ownership (need at least 100 shares). Others joined Mustang Club of America to get the privilege. It just felt like the rug was pulled out from under us.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford: (Dealer Invoice Price) - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice Price) + ($275 Administration Fee) = X-Plan Price

It was just going to be a simple way of buying without having to haggle or shop around. Taking it away is going to allow most dealers to sell at MSRP (some may even markup). I was eligible because of stock ownership (need at least 100 shares). Others joined Mustang Club of America to get the privilege. It just felt like the rug was pulled out from under us.
I'm confused, 0.4% is almost nothing. Say, $35,000x0.004=$140. Did you mean 4%? Now, I admit it'll be a pain in the butt to go and get it out of state, but $2,000 under invoice or some other dealers are at $1,000 under sounds much better, no?

OP
OP
Woodypeoples

Woodypeoples

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused, 0.4% is almost nothing. Say, $35,000x0.004=$140. Did you mean 4%? Now, I admit it'll be a pain in the butt to go and get it out of state, but $2,000 under invoice or some other dealers are at $1,000 under sounds much better, no?
Granger and the likes are much better deals. My concern with Granger is that they aren't going to be able to keep up. It will be interesting to watch. For me, I would be happy to pay at invoice, which would be an easy $1,500 savings from MSRP on a 4 door Wildtrak. The best deal is for sure the Granger $2k off invoice price, but I want mine next year. I don't mind paying more for that.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Granger and the likes are much better deals. My concern with Granger is that they aren't going to be able to keep up. It will be interesting to watch. For me, I would be happy to pay at invoice, which would be an easy $1,500 savings from MSRP on a 4 door Wildtrak. The best deal is for sure the Granger $2k off invoice price, but I want mine next year. I don't mind paying more for that.
If you don't mind paying more why are you upset about the X-plan falling through? I'd figure they go hand in hand, no? I'm not trying to be a dick.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 90 mile commute (total) but I won't be driving all the time.

I was initially looking at the OBX based on features but now leaning towards BB or BD.
Reasons being is I like the look of the 17s better plus they are narrow so they will provide better gas mileage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Woodypeoples

Woodypeoples

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you don't mind paying more why are you upset about the X-plan falling through? I'd figure they go hand in hand, no? I'm not trying to be a dick.
The Granger "$2k off invoice deal" saves you $3,500 from MSRP. I was planning on saving $1,500 off MSRP. So now, some of us may have to pay full MSRP. At that point, I have some pause because it just doesn't feel good. There are other vehicles to consider.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with Mike. Huge tires eat up your mpgs. Drop down a few trim levels, get ya something with normal AT tires, and enjoy the ride. You can always go aftermarket for a lift along with wheels and tires when you don't have to make that long commute.

Ex. My JL Wrangler 4 dr has 275/70R18 all terrains (32"), and gets 25+ mpgs on the highway. I'm hoping the Bronco can do that, or better riding at stock height with a conservative AT tire size.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many here have posted concerns about the 2.3 turbo and longevity. Just search 2.3 turbo and you’ll find a bunch of different threads on it. I’ve only ever had V6 engines and had great luck in well over 200K miles so I can only go by my experience w V6 and what I hear on the 2.3. Im a commuter, not a guy who takes apart engines and knows anything about carbon buildup. The general consensus here has been the V6 may hold up longer over time. I’d be happy to hear more support on the 2.3 over 200 K miles.
I have the 2.0 eco(Fusion) in my work car, just hit 107k with lifetime average of 26.5 MPG and 0 issues related to the power train. To date the company has only spent $600 on maintenance (fuel changes/battery) and 1 warranty claim (seat frame broke).

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I currently have a boring 7 passenger SUV that I drive for work. I drive 80 mile round trip for work (easy traffic, mostly highway). I need the capability of an SUV to visit construction jobsites. Traditionally, I had driven trucks, but didn't need the truck bed. I still have a truck too, and I rarely drive it. My plan was to get the Bronco and get rid of both the SUV and the truck (truck will retire to our farm). Is my mileage wrong for the Bronco? Money isn't an issue with initial purchase, but worried about total cost to own. Planning on Badlands or Wildtrak.
The Bronco will bring you happiness. You will regret not getting one.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, yes. I reserved one, but I kind of agree on the design. It started to grow on me for a while. Now I like the Bronco a lot more and I think it will be more practical for my needs.
Id go woth the hummer ev coming out hands down. You should look into that.

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since you are going to work sites, do you actually talk on the phone? I don't think the bronco is going to be great on bluetooth, or even holding the phone to your head. If you do a lot of that, don't get one. If you are looking for a reason to not be on the phone....

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have to ask... is this the design they are really going with for the cybertruck?

1603115378123.png

Because that thing looks like a joke, I mean seriously, a 5 year old could come up with a better design.
The only things that turn me away from the Cybertruck are:
- I think the suspension is suspect as seen on what is happening with Model S and smooth dirt roads is what the extent of what is capable.
- The card that controls the vehicle used to have a 5 year warranty now I think it is 2 Years
- The build issues on the Y Model with the back end falling off.
- The warranties on the 3 and S models are voided if the vehicle breaks down on a nonpaved road. I wonder about the limitations that the Cybertruck will have on its warranty.
- To clean of an interior to the point that it is boring.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a boring 7 passenger SUV that I drive for work. I drive 80 mile round trip for work (easy traffic, mostly highway). I need the capability of an SUV to visit construction jobsites. Traditionally, I had driven trucks, but didn't need the truck bed. I still have a truck too, and I rarely drive it. My plan was to get the Bronco and get rid of both the SUV and the truck (truck will retire to our farm). Is my mileage wrong for the Bronco? Money isn't an issue with initial purchase, but worried about total cost to own. Planning on Badlands or Wildtrak.
If you are driving a big SUV now, I would imagine your costs will decrease. I drive an F150 to work and I drive around 50 miles a day. I think I'll get slightly better gas mileage in a Bronco than my 5.0 F150.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want it, it's not wrong for you. Might not be the most practical choice, but who cares?
Sponsored