pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me it’s the best as I like the painted flares, handles, mirror caps. The leather is great no swamp but and back like guys are saying fr the mgv. Although a big gripe of mine is why no F’n memory seats? Did 1000 miles last weekend 5+ hours on the trail in which we swapped drivers a bit. There’s already electric seats. Ford doesn’t offer a rubber in a trim line named for a beach🤷 You can order a &80k superduty platinum and get carpet delete rubber liners(or used to two years ago I haven’t check real recent). But am stuck with carpet in a vehicle with a removable roof🤦

and for those saying the outer banks is less capable 🤷‍♂️ Same chassis, trans and engine choices as the rest of the trims. With better gears available than some and a rear locker. They’ll do what 90% of us will ask them too.
The rubber floor liners are great for catching most sand. I've taken it the beach a few times and carpets still look brand new because of the liners (front, back and cargo)

That's what I don't get about people hating the OBX. It's the same bronco just more comfort. I got the rear locker and 4A. I can climb the same rocks as other trims
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The rubber floor liners are great for catching most sand. I've taken it the beach a few times and carpets still look brand new because of the liners (front, back and cargo)

That's what I don't get about people hating the OBX. It's the same bronco just more comfort. I got the rear locker and 4A. I can climb the same rocks as other trims
I have the rubber mats too but after a day at the sand dunes sand got under the edges and all over anyway lol. To me a truck should have a rubber floor. Even with leather. I’ll get it one day even if I Have to have it line x’d.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not having a front locker is going to be the biggest drawback. If the Bronco had a competent BLD system then I’d say it’s a non issue most of the time, but a front locker will get you through a lot of hairy situations.

At least you got a rear locker, but not sure I’d do much rock crawling without any skids. At least a gas tank skid…can’t believe ford cheaped out on the 4drs.

But to answer your question. The Raptor is the best trim 😁

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX, 2.7L, Lux here with leather/vinyl seats. For me, it is the best trim.

Traded my 2017 Mustang GT and 2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew for it. I am at the point of life where I appreciate the finer things.

Most off-roading mine will see is forest and gravel backwoods roads. I got non-Ford mats that have exceptional coverage, don’t see much of anything getting past them to the carpet.

As for the MT argument, in Sport mode the AT is just as good if not better. MT no longer have the edge except for making people feel good. Even the pro drivers are hard pressed to out-shift the computers. Last thing I want in a daily driver in an urban area is a 4 hour left leg workout As I go about my day. If I want to feel “connected” I can put it in Sport mode and use the shift button on the stick. However paddle shifters like the Mustang had and my wife’s Escape have would have been nice.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if it's the best trim, but the Outer Banks does feel sort of like the inverse Big Bend, where the Big Bend costs $6k more than the Base equivalent just to get the mid-package and towing, the Outer Banks costs $4.6k over an equivalent Big Bend, and for that price difference you're getting a slightly better interior, leather seats, signature lighting, painted mirrors+handles+flares, tube steps, and I suppose looks are objective but Outer Banks might have my favorite wheels. If you opt for the cloth seats then it's only $2.5k more than a mid-packaged Big Bend which is definitely worth the price bump IMO. I guess point being, the jump from Base to Big Bend feels like a terrible deal to paywall certain options, the jump from Big Bend to Outer Banks is actually good value for money that you really couldn't beat for cheaper using aftermarket or used replacement parts.

Sponsored

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so we are all aware that the best trim is the one that depends on your personal needs BUT overall, what is the best trim?

Hear me out, most people will spend most of the time in their Bronco just daily driving. So why not make it the most comfortable ride? I see a lot of posts about discomfort and I have to say, mine is pretty damn comfortable.
The leather seats are great, the adjustable headrests are awesome, the lumbar support is magic and I have built in cup holders. I think they are part MGV and just as durable.

Most people won't be doing serious rock climbing or Baja everyday/week BUT I still think the OBX is fully capable. I didn't get sas (various reasons) but I did add a 2" lift and 35s. I traded and decent mpg (original 21+, now about 17) but I got painted fender flares that everyone compliments and side steps.

What I don't have is the front lockers and sway bar disconnect (does anyone actually need/use this on a regular basis?). Maybe I'm ignorant but I think I can still climb some rocks without those.

I have duel AC, Built-in Navigation, remote start, lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise control and more features that make a comfortable ride.

So in all, the OBX can probably do almost everything a fully loaded Bronco can do off road, its comfortable and saves a couple grand.
I'm biased but I think overall OBX, LUX w leather is the best overall trim.
I've got an OBX on order and I was planning a 2" lift and 35's. Do you mind sharing a picture of yours and the name of what you got? Thanks!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If not for the OBX interior options, I would have ordered an OBX with Sasquatch. To me the interior choices were lousy.
Sponsored