First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put in an order in early Dec for a Wildtrak with hardtop. My dealer’s manager is swearing up and down that I’ll get an assignment/build date within 3-4months (he said he’s had some as early as 1 month but nothing longer than 4 months), and then it wouldn’t be more than a month after that to deliver to the dealer. So latest I’m looking at is May.

I can also get a 2022 4Runner TRD Pro at sticker and have that by the end of the month. My only issue is that they will likely have a redesign in 2023 or 24 and the 5th gen been around since 2010. The Wildtrak I test drive was so smooth and accelerated and braked significant better than my current Tacoma TRD Pro. Should I just hold out for the Bronco?
Patience pays off with the Bronco. 4Runner is a quick fix that you will soon regret.
Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The fact that it appears so little Wildtraks have been built/delivered gives me pause to say what for this Bronco trim. They seem to be the build (along with the 2-door) that are not yet in abundance with the small amount of Broncos being built

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a Wildtrak 10/25/21 with no prior reservation. I am hoping that I see it in 2022 but will not be surprised if it turns into a 2023.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Top doesnt come off the TRD Pro so wait. If Toyota made the 4Runner with a removable top and manual like the old days, I would probably buy one instead of a Bronco.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!! If you must have something, get a vehicle to get you through until it gets here. Got mine 2 days before Christmas and I LOVE it!!!
New wheels this week!!
Ford Bronco Is the Wildtrak worth the wait or should I buy a 4Runner TRD Pro lizzy 2

Last edited:
OP
OP

gdgraph

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!! If you must have something, get a vehicle to get you through until it gets here. Got mine 2 days before Christmas and I LOVE it!!!
New wheels this week!!
Ford Bronco Is the Wildtrak worth the wait or should I buy a 4Runner TRD Pro lizzy 2
When did you place your order?

BUCKNUT1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talked to my dealer tonight. He said 18-24 month wait, so I hope you get it that quickly.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMHO, if you get a TRD Pro now at msrp you won't get hurt too bad if you sell it when the Bronco comes in.

I have a 2021 Venture 4runner. It's old tech but it's very nice.

I've test driven 2dr and 4dr Broncos with SAS and if you want a daily driver the 4r is much better.

But the cool factor of the Bronco is over the top and it will be a much better of road vehicle at the limits of your ability.

We don't really know how reliable the Bronco will be but most will say it's a given that 4runner will be better. Probably a whole lot better. If you go through vehicles every few years that won't matter as much.

Sponsored

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah yes, forgot about the trans constantly hunting gears.
YES! I had one as a rental when we went to the Moab Off-Roadeo. Comfy ride but the lack of power and the gear hunting really was terrible in the hills around Moab and also up in Park City. No question what I would pick (and did).

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When did you place your order?
Reserved July 2020. Ordered Feb 2021. Built November. Got it the other day.
It could be much faster than the original process (depending on your dealer and their allocations). I was fourth in line at my dealer and got mine first.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drove a 2018 4Runner TRD Off road for 3 years and the resale didn’t disappoint…the parts shortage helped a ton. Other than that, underpowered and very old platform. I enjoyed driving it but damn was it a dog. Personally, the only reason to buy a Pro is for the color choices but I can’t justify a 10k premium for “Lunar Rock”. Especially if you can find a Bronco of similar price.
Sponsored