Sponsored

Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But I think the point is, he had the perimeter plus module and it seems the people here do not have the module and must purchase it first. Is this correct?
That does SEEM to be the case. In my Bronco the perimeter plus system is installed and already active. The shock sensor portion appears to need to be installed and enabled separately. It's not too bad, about $200 on Ford's site with $50 installation.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anybody purchased the perimeter plus shock sensor and installed themselves?
Bronco arriving next month so I can't verify yet, but sounds like the perimeter plus shock sensor module does not come factory. Looks easy enough to wire up as an add-on, but is there anything that needs to be done by the dealer to activate? Appears from above video that it is a setting in Forscan, which I have.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anybody purchased the perimeter plus shock sensor and installed themselves?
Bronco arriving next month so I can't verify yet, but sounds like the perimeter plus shock sensor module does not come factory. Looks easy enough to wire up as an add-on, but is there anything that needs to be done by the dealer to activate? Appears from above video that it is a setting in Forscan, which I have.
Shock sensor does not come as an option on the Bronco. I purchased it but am having the dealer install it for $50.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The model is the shock sensor. As for instructions good luck I have yet to find any. Shouldn’t be this hard to install. I have the pics but can’t really tell locations the other ends came from above? Then he had the two pink wires and my unit doesn’t have it.

TXPilot83

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry completely forgot here ya go... its on the right hand side they stuffed it up there, then ran the wiring looks like up and under

image1.jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

Where did they install the little flashing light? Can you send a pic of that? Thanks.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently it can be enabled in Forescan, anyone tried this yet?

Hey BroncoDymond88,
Very kind of you to create the video and to post it for all of us. Though I have not received my bronco yet (I remain hopeful that it will be soon), I will definitely be looking under the steering to see if I have the perimeter module. If so, I will do what you have shown and take a free advantage of Ford's kindness...

TXPilot83

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone here’s gotta be able to post the Bronco specific install instructions for this thing. Getting behind the glove box is easy. I’m just not sure which wiring harnesses need to be used. Also not sure how to secure it.

My local dealer just told me I’d have to leave my Bronco there for 4+days to get in line to have this installed…..

Mikejr66

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone here’s gotta be able to post the Bronco specific install instructions for this thing. Getting behind the glove box is easy. I’m just not sure which wiring harnesses need to be used. Also not sure how to secure it.

My local dealer just told me I’d have to leave my Bronco there for 4+days to get in line to have this installed…..
I purchased the perimeter plus alarm online and received the box today. Unfortunately the box had the seal broken and the documentation was missing. On the outside of the box there are websites you can go to get the instructions if you are a dealer. When I tried to access the site it required a username and password. I have sent the dealer I purchased the part from an email requesting the missing documentation and installation instructions.

70A02E7E-2326-40BD-B82F-02E30F3AE953.jpeg

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I had mine installed at the ford dealer, try accessories.ford.com through that site the dealer installed it for 30.00 wasn’t worth my time or energy to do the install for that price :)

LOL it was worse than I thought they want $140 for the install. One dealer gave me the run around and I just left and called the dealer I took my Raptor and he said it was $140. I can wait till I can get my hands on the instructions that is totally ridiculous when the part is approx $199
Sponsored