Sponsored

Is this The only way to shrink the digital speedo/tach?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah that’s much better! That’s the dash we should have in the upper trims if not across the board. Guys have swapped dashes from higher trims in the superduty’s for years. The old adage of you have enough $$ anything is possible.
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't even need the BRaptor display (even if that's the premium instrument panel we were originally promised), I'd be happy with an over the air update to change the current screen. Heck, a lot of us are probably willing to pay for the update.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You would be surprised how hard it is. Cars are not like cell phones, computers, etc. You make a mistake and it's a multi-million dollar recall.
Yeah, nothing is ever as easy as it seems. If it were, everybody would be doing it.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My motorcycle has a dash screen with 4 different options. None of them are great but at least there’s options. 🤣

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too true! It seems that most people out in society (or B6g) summarily discount the actual cost of automobile manufacturing as society migrates into a "I want an oompa loompa now" sense of immediacy which is reinforced via addiction to instant access to information from mobile technology. Automobiles are expected to work in 99.9% of all cases, without failure, for 10+ years or the consumer's perception is that it's not a good vehicle (which is absolute BS, but hey, 2022 is a hell of a drug).

" The average cost of an auto recall over the last 10 years was about $500 per vehicle, according to Mike Held, a director in the automotive and industrial practice at AlixPartners, a global consulting firm."
source HERE

Lets take the 185,xxx Ford F150's which were recalled in 2021 for a minor insulator issue, using this generalization, it cost Ford approximately $92 million dollars for that recall, and they estimated that only 10,000 units even had a problem needing repair, but all 185,xxx were issued notices.

An automotive recall is a substantial and significant issue, which is why even if 500 Broncos have exploding 2.7 engines from one bad batch of valves, they won't issue a recall no matter how loudly the forum types about it.

F150 recall issue HERE
Seem like mixing recalls which are to my knowledge 99.99% safety-based with performance and durability issues that are often addressed by TSBs (has the 2.7 valve issue not received one, yet? Matter of time if there's really Xx more than the '37 and counting').

What's the honest cost to program a bigger digital tach and delete the digital speedo thru a software update TSB for those that ask about this obvious and needless redundancy that you can't change?

It's a total fail in cockpit design of very valuable dead center driver's view real estate, and I mean that constructively.

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seem like mixing recalls which are to my knowledge 99.99% safety-based with performance and durability issues that are often addressed by TSBs (has the 2.7 valve issue not received one, yet? Matter of time if there's really Xx more than the '37 and counting').

What's the honest cost to program a bigger digital tach and delete the digital speedo thru a software update TSB for those that ask about this obvious and needless redundancy that you can't change?

It's a total fail in cockpit design of very valuable dead center driver's view real estate, and I mean that constructively.
seems they have it narrowed down to a certain timeframe for the valves. It’s cheaper for ford to fix the ones that fail than to recall. I’m dangerously close to the date range I’ve seen (10 days).
Back on topic:

The left hand analog type speedo should have been a tach. Then I could understand the design.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the off road screen the only way to shrink the annoying double speedo and the tach? I’m baffled how ford got the dash of the bronco sport pretty nice but the regular bronco went back to the 80’s. While I don’t necessarily want the off road screen all the time off this is the only way to shrink the other stuff I’ll roll with it
1C376CD2-2D18-475B-AB79-6390404F3F12.jpeg
I think if you deflate your tires and the TPMS warning comes up, it shrinks that screen even more 👍🏻

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having been glancing at it for many miles now, I agree with the complaints, and fwiw, that is the only way I've found to minimize the left side.

I'm sure someone here knows the ins and outs of any ridiculous federal safety regulations muddying this subject, but I suspect that's one of the walls speculation on the subject might bump up against.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the off road screen the only way to shrink the annoying double speedo and the tach? I’m baffled how ford got the dash of the bronco sport pretty nice but the regular bronco went back to the 80’s. While I don’t necessarily want the off road screen all the time off this is the only way to shrink the other stuff I’ll roll with it
1C376CD2-2D18-475B-AB79-6390404F3F12.jpeg
And I just learned the screen won’t shrink if you are using cruise control.

Ford Bronco Is this The only way to shrink the digital speedo/tach? EC463919-3A13-423D-B156-82ABCA894A2D

Sponsored

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Bronco dash display is one of the reasons I won't be buying a new Bronco.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I just learned the screen won’t shrink if you are using cruise control.

Ford Bronco Is this The only way to shrink the digital speedo/tach? EC463919-3A13-423D-B156-82ABCA894A2D
I noticed that too thought at first the off road went away at a certain speed. Then realized it was the cruise.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed that too thought at first the off road went away at a certain speed. Then realized it was the cruise.
yep

I’d give anything for just a digital Tac that’s a circle and looks like the speedometer

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they wanted to use digital displays instead of actual gauges, that would be fine. But why not just make the display look like actual gauges instead of all this bullshit. It is the one turn off about the Bronco is that horrible display.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Scroll to your my view and pick off road.
This is all I get with off road view. I don't get the pitch and roll and drivetrain status in one picture. Let me know if you guys have a different selection in off road menu.
16480395345006927043346244673848.jpg
16480396256274243085616180793558.jpg
16480396529713165875806713399002.jpg
Sponsored