Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have been seeing a lot of complaining on here and I just wanted to clarify a lot.

1 No SFA. (Not a huge complaint from most)
Most die hard rock crawlers are die hard jeep fans. Hence why ford went after the other 90% of the off road market and went after the Parking Lot Warriors. And if you are worried about articulation the RTI (which is the rating of articulation) is 700 for Bronco 730 for Wrangler. Itā€™s so close you wonā€™t notice.

2 No V8. A V8 will never come to the Bronco from the factory. Aftermarket SURE if you want to spend serious money for that v8 roar. The ecoboost line up will have MORE than enough balls to handle 35ā€s even the little 4 banger.

3 No hybrid/PHEV/EV. That is coming later. As soon as next fall. As late as 2023. We have seen leaks and reps have said itā€™s coming. Patients.

4 No Raptor. (Warthog) again coming later. Similar time line to hybrid. (Could even BE the Hybrid) we know little. Other than it will be bad ass!

5 No manual with Sasquatch and/or V6. Thatā€™s due to durability. Moving that much torque and moving those big wheels is going to put a lot of stress on the transmission especially the clutch. Sure they could make a HD transmission, but that would be horrible for road use. Odds are less than 15,000 manual Broncos will be sold annually. Not enough to just multiple set ups.

6 seats donā€™t fold flat.
I think thereā€™s more to the story. I think you have to do multiple steps to get the seats flat. On my 2005 Focus you had to fold the seat bottoms forward then the backs down to get them to fold completely flat. It looks like those seats have more to offer.

7 a la carte options
Ford put out those package lists to see what people like and what people want. These options are DEFINITELY not finalized. This INCLUDES interior packages of color and seat and floor combos. There is still a whole lot more to come in this department and we have only seen the beginning.

8 ā€œSubscription Navigationā€. This is a package with the LTE. You get the Mobile hotspot, wireless CarPlay and AAuto. And fords navigation system that Includes all the popular off road trails as well as the ability to make your own trail and share it! Regular USB Based phone connection is standard.

9. No diesel...
I love a big coal roller. But a small oil burner in a small truck makes zero sense. Cost way to much up front and cost a lot to keep running. Yea slightly more torque is cool. But itā€™s just not worth the cost. And the hoops for ford to jump threw for the EPA is to high for the low take rate (10,000 maybe)

10 low towing.

You can either have a good off road platform or good towing. Not both. The suspension is what makes the difference. Tight hard suspension = good towing bad off road.
Soft suspension. Bad towing good offroad and comfortable on road.

You canā€™t have both.

So any of those complaints arenā€™t really worth you time right now. Give it a few more months and we WILL know a lot more. You have until DECEMBER it sounds like to change your mind on everything from dealer, trim, option engine etc. so please be patient. We have 4 more months to let ford tell us everything.

We already know SOOOO much. Body panels removable with ease. So many different accessories and the aftermarket is going to EXPLODE with options in a couple months. This is only the beginning people. More is to come in the next few months and next few years.

Ford KILLED it and blew most people expectations (including mine) out of the water even after the 5 years of build up, hype and leaks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
#9. Molded-in-Color Gray Hard Top

Why the heck is it grey instead of a matte black?
I am not calm about that.

Ford Bronco Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning. flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8~2
Black is an option for higher trims... for now.

Also that falls into the ā€œoptionsā€ list

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only disagree on the Sadsquatch and no Man-Squatch.

The 2.7 is out due to the torque rating on the Getrag barely designed to cover it, but it will handle 35s. You'll want the beefier IFS, though.

I don't get the people that rebut with the "Rubicon has a manual" without seeing that it only has 33s. The anti-IFS crowd must not know about the King of the Hammers.

Ford is one-upping the Jeep and what I saw in the reveal was a better future than hoverboards!

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black is an option for higher trims... for now.
On the higher trims you can pay for shiny glossy painted black.

Why does it come with a grey hard top?
Why not a matte black hard top?

Why is it GREY?!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Chrysler can put a 392 motor into a Wrangler, yes Ford can put a V8 into the Bronco. In fact, not only can they, but I think they are going to be forced to from the changing competitive landscape. If you think Chrysler is just going to sit there with the Wrangler line where it was, you've got a wrong impression. At the very minimum they are going to have to increase the power on the Bronco.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only disagree on the Sadsquatch and no Man-Squatch.

The 2.7 is out due to the torque rating on the Getrag barely designed to cover it, but it will handle 35s. You'll want the beefier IFS, though.

I don't get the people that rebut with the "Rubicon has a manual" without seeing that it only has 33s. The anti-IFS crowd must not know about the King of the Hammers.

Ford is one-upping the Jeep and what I saw in the reveal was a better future than hoverboards!
You can still get a badlands trim with
33ā€ MT lockers front and rear with sway disconnect. (Similar package to rubicon) with a manual and 2.3m

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
ā€œNo V8. A V8 will never come to the Bronco from the factory. Aftermarket SURE if you want to spend serious money for that v8 roar. The ecoboost line up will have MORE than enough balls to handle 35ā€s even the little 4 banger.ā€

Thatā€™s ridiculous, of course they will eventually do a V8, no ones worried about running little 35s, what about the 38s?
There is no negative to a V8, who wants to drive topless sounding like a Honda Civic.
Sponsored