Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

Deleted member 3063

On the higher trims you can pay for shiny glossy painted black.
Why does it come with a grey hard top?
Why not a plain black hard top?
Why is it GREY?!
To match up with my carbonized grey color choice. Thanks uncle.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can still get a badlands trim with
33ā€ MT lockers front and rear with sway disconnect. (Similar package to rubicon) with a manual and 2.3m
I'm bummed that I won't be getting a bad-squatch or base-squatch. I had 35 inch Baja Claws on a base JK and went through 16-20" of snow. It takes caution, skill, and patience that a manufacturer just can't trust the gen pop to possess for warranty purposes, haha.

rmillermich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Chrysler can put a 392 motor into a Wrangler, yes Ford can put a V8 into the Bronco. In fact, not only can they, but I think they are going to be forced to from the changing competitive landscape. If you think Chrysler is just going to sit there with the Wrangler line where it was, you've got a wrong impression. At the very minimum they are going to have to increase the power on the Bronco.
I was a v8 sycophant prior to buying my 2019 F-150 with either the 2. 7 or 3.5. I chose the 2.7 because it was more than enough and actually much better than the chevy 327, 5.3 liter it replaced, and I get 23-24 mpg consistently. need to move on past the whole v8 thing. Although i do have a Jaguar XF with the 4.2 V8 and appreciate the growl, it;s a new dawn with these ecoboosts.

The reliability is proven too. Did way too much research prior to pulling the trigger on the 2.7, and although i would like the 2.7 with a manual , i basically trust the 2.3 will handle fine. and if i choose to go with the 2.7 and the 10 speed, my F-150 is testament to the combination, way more than enough power, reliability and upgrades compared to the older normally aspirated v-8s.

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If Chrysler can put a 392 motor into a Wrangler, yes Ford can put a V8 into the Bronco. In fact, not only can they, but I think they are going to be forced to from the changing competitive landscape. If you think Chrysler is just going to sit there with the Wrangler line where it was, you've got a wrong impression. At the very minimum they are going to have to increase the power on the Bronco.
Competition between automakers is ultimately the best thing for us, the consumers. I bet no one really knows what will be out there in 5 to ten years between the new technology and the automakers trying to one up each other. But it all takes time.
In the end we should be the ones to reap the rewards!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the higher trims you can pay for shiny glossy painted black.

Why does it come with a grey hard top?
Why not a plain black hard top?

Why is it GREY?!
Have you seen cars? It's the unpainted Jeep hard top, bumper gray that pretends to be black, but isn't.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

2 things. 1 - The 392 Wrangler is a SEMA concept that has been going to sema for YEARS this is nothing new. Itā€™s not coming to production.

2 - the Warthog Bronco will have AT MINIMUM 400hp 415lbft from the 3.0 ecoboost. Just slightly less than the 392. But way better low end torque and WAY better mpg. And way cheaper.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nope and makes zero sense to do so short of saying "it's got a v8"

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was a v8 sycophant prior to buying my 2019 F-150 with either the 2. 7 or 3.5. I chose the 2.7 because it was more than enough and actually much better than the chevy 327, 5.3 liter it replaced, and I get 23-24 mpg consistently. need to move on past the whole v8 thing. Although i do have a Jaguar XF with the 4.2 V8 and appreciate the growl, it;s a new dawn with these ecoboosts.

The reliability is proven too. Did way too much research prior to pulling the trigger on the 2.7, and although i would like the 2.7 with a manual , i basically trust the 2.3 will handle fine. and if i choose to go with the 2.7 and the 10 speed, my F-150 is testament to the combination, way more than enough power, reliability and upgrades compared to the older normally aspirated v-8s.
Then why does Ford waste so much time on the Mustang V8s?

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€œNo V8. A V8 will never come to the Bronco from the factory. Aftermarket SURE if you want to spend serious money for that v8 roar. The ecoboost line up will have MORE than enough balls to handle 35ā€s even the little 4 banger.ā€

Thatā€™s ridiculous, of course they will eventually do a V8, no ones worried about running little 35s, what about the 38s?
There is no negative to a V8, who wants to drive topless sounding like a Honda Civic.
Other than you get more power with a smaller turbo engine including more torque down low.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then why does Ford waste so much time on the Mustang V8s?
Because there is a HUGE market for v8 sports cars. There isnā€™t a huge market for v8 anything else. Even now. Less than 30,000 v8 mustangs were sold last year.

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

If that thing is reliable, good for it. There are a lot more moving parts and it's a very heavy vehicle (Bronco looking at over 5000 lbs with the 35s) for a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder. I can tell you one thing, the 5.0 is just solid at this point. This is my 6th year with my 2015 Mustang (I preordered it on launch). This thing just works and works under ZERO strain for 6 years no matter what I do or how hard I drive it (hard). I have literally done nothing to it other than oil changes (full synthetic only one time per year) and putting premium gas in. Nothing else, no maintenance. Everytime I bring it in for the oil change they come back telling me wow, you're really keeping this car up well. Little do they know that I did absolutely nothing. The one thing I will say the current 5.0 has given me that none of my previous cars gave me is just reassurance. I never worry about the car. It has effortless power, it always just starts and performs the same as when I got it. Ive had a lot of cars and trucks, thats high praise. They can put the 5.0 into the Bronco easy. They put it into $30000 cars. And it would result in much lower strain on the motor with all that weight. Its a no brainer for me. Like I said. Lets see what FCA does.
Sponsored