Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my area I can’t drive 5 minutes without seeing 10 jeeps. I wasn’t going to add to that craziness even though I’ve been seeing a lot more broncos lately.
From metro Detroit, which probably puts us a little ahead of the curve on Broncos already driving the roads. Trust me when I say nobody even bats an eye at a Bronco here anymore. I’ve had mine for two weeks and exactly one person has waved at me: the driver of a 4-door JL Wrangler.
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my $0.02 but from a former 2018 Rubicon owner they are far from the same vehicle. Driving a Jeep on long road trips is an exhausting experience compared to my Bronco. Hard to put a price on handling and safety and comfort. Not to say that Broncos don't have faults but both the Wrangler and Gladiator just made the top 10 list for worst quality vehicles.

A Badlands compared to a Rubicon with nearly identical specs (Sasquatch on Bronco and Extreme Recon on the Jeep), 4 cyl, hardtop, high pkg, auto for both, nearly identical the Jeep is over $4k more. The Bronco is a better value at those higher specs. I guess if you can get $12k off thats one thing but all of the above still applies.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I compared apples to apples with Bronco vs. Jeep, they always worked out to be pretty close, but I would always end up with a lower MSRP for the Bronco. It offered much more for the dollar in the way things were packaged. You had to add too many ala cart options to the Jeep that pushed up the MSRP.

I'm calling BS on the $12K discount. First of all, there isn't that much built into a Jeep (MSRP vs. Invoice + holdback). You can't buy a used Wrangler for $12K off (maybe if it's 7 years old and 80K miles on it).

There are a ton of frustrated people out there. I feel bad for all of them. Life is so different from what it used to be. I was able to get my Bronco in December - and well worth the wait.
I've had Wranglers in the past and the Bronco fixes everything that I do not like about them.

No one can tell you what's right or wrong for you. With how well these vehicles hold their value, why not buy the one you can get now and if/when the other becomes available - make the switch?

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're not buying the Bronco to wheel - why would you buy something so uncomfortable?
🤣 I bought a Bronco because I needed a daily driver that is good on winter roads and doubles as a summer beach/camping vehicle for my family. It seems pretty comfortable to me but I’m not coming from a Lexus sedan or anything.

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sadly don't have a Bronco YET, but I will tell you why I am trying my best to get one after a lifetime with Jeeps.

1. I know that I want at least 35" tires, and there are very few Jeeps that come built to handle that stock, with a warranty, for under 50k (maaaybe a stripped down sport model with extreme recon package...but who wants to roll windows in 2023?)

2. The bronco felt more spacious inside to me. I have kids, and even though I can fit them in a JLU, it felt more comfortable for some reason in the Bronco when I tested it

3. The 2.7 Bronco engine seems to be more powerful than the standard Jeep offerings (minus 392 and 4xe)

4. The Bronco hardtop seems like it'll be more manageable for me and my wife to remove with the center section separate from the rear portion

5. I think the Bronco looks cooler (and I have always owned and loved Jeeps)

Now...cases against the Bronco from a Jeep owner (who will become a new Jeep owner if my Bronco isn't scheduled this yr lol)

1. The Jeep softtop (2018+) is absolutely awesome. Goes up and down in minutes, holds up well over time, and the rear windows are perfectly flat. I won't beat a dead horse, but it is what it is

2. If you are shopping Bronco vs. Jeep RIGHT NOW, you really can get a Jeep Rubicon 4xe for more than 12k under MSRP. I did it. You just need to find a dealer doing 10-11% off custom orders and then lease it. Jeep applies the $7500 fed EV credit up front, you pay the vehicle off or refinance through your favorite credit union the next day, and POOF...14k+ discount off MSRP and no need to wait to do taxes to benefit from the full $7500 credit. Add in bonus cash offers, and you can do even better.

In the end, I'm sure a well spec'd Jeep Rubicon 4xe can be had cheaper than most people's Bronco builds...but I'm still more excited waiting for my Bronco than I was my 4xe =)

TL;DR : You can't go wrong either way!

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep is $1000 more than Bronco for a basic 2-door, manual, with hard top.

$1500 if you want a color other than (blah) white.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those kinds of discounts (which I don't believe are correct) mean that Jeep knows they are going to get slaughtered by the Bronco as soon as Ford gets past the reservation holders and can make as much inventory as possible. Remember that a vast majority of Jeep owners drive on the street and there's no comparison.
Slaughtered is a bit strong. Jeep has that brand mystique like Harley where they can put out anything and the masses will gobble it up for the image. That kind of illogical buying is hard to overcome.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
🤣 I bought a Bronco because I needed a daily driver that is good on winter roads and doubles as a summer beach/camping vehicle for my family. It seems pretty comfortable to me but I’m not coming from a Lexus sedan or anything.
Yeah, I have no idea what he is talking about. My Bronco is way more comfortable than my Mustang was, and gets better MPG to boot.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I sadly don't have a Bronco YET, but I will tell you why I am trying my best to get one after a lifetime with Jeeps.

1. I know that I want at least 35" tires, and there are very few Jeeps that come built to handle that stock, with a warranty, for under 50k (maaaybe a stripped down sport model with extreme recon package...but who wants to roll windows in 2023?)

2. The bronco felt more spacious inside to me. I have kids, and even though I can fit them in a JLU, it felt more comfortable for some reason in the Bronco when I tested it

3. The 2.7 Bronco engine seems to be more powerful than the standard Jeep offerings (minus 392 and 4xe)

4. The Bronco hardtop seems like it'll be more manageable for me and my wife to remove with the center section separate from the rear portion

5. I think the Bronco looks cooler (and I have always owned and loved Jeeps)

Now...cases against the Bronco from a Jeep owner (who will become a new Jeep owner if my Bronco isn't scheduled this yr lol)

1. The Jeep softtop (2018+) is absolutely awesome. Goes up and down in minutes, holds up well over time, and the rear windows are perfectly flat. I won't beat a dead horse, but it is what it is

2. If you are shopping Bronco vs. Jeep RIGHT NOW, you really can get a Jeep Rubicon 4xe for more than 12k under MSRP. I did it. You just need to find a dealer doing 10-11% off custom orders and then lease it. Jeep applies the $7500 fed EV credit up front, you pay the vehicle off or refinance through your favorite credit union the next day, and POOF...14k+ discount off MSRP and no need to wait to do taxes to benefit from the full $7500 credit. Add in bonus cash offers, and you can do even better.

In the end, I'm sure a well spec'd Jeep Rubicon 4xe can be had cheaper than most people's Bronco builds...but I'm still more excited waiting for my Bronco than I was my 4xe =)

TL;DR : You can't go wrong either way!
As a lifetime owner of Jeeps, I agree with all those. However, on point 5, I look at my 392 and my Bronco and can't decide which I like better just from an aesthetic standpoint.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That was directed at OP and meant in reference to him looking at a Wrangler.

Why buy something so uncomfortable for on-road driving (SFA, death wobble, numb steering, ride quality) if you don't intend to wheel it? Not to mention the interior is cramped and the seats suck.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slaughtered is a bit strong. Jeep has that brand mystique like Harley where they can put out anything and the masses will gobble it up for the image. That kind of illogical buying is hard to overcome.
It's easy to forget that the number of Jeeps and Broncos that will even see dirt is minuscule. The vast majority are not "enthusiasts" and are not swayed by the cache of "Jeep" or "Bronco". Any of those people driving them side by side would never pick the Jeep.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was directed at OP and meant in reference to him looking at a Wrangler.

Why buy something so uncomfortable for on-road driving (SFA, death wobble, numb steering, ride quality) if you don't intend to wheel it? Not to mention the interior is cramped and the seats suck.
Ah! Gotcha. That makes sense and I agree.

But also, all things held constant, a Bronco needs bigger tires to get the clearance needed to compete with the Jeep. I’d say a rubicon on 33s is about even with a Bronco Sasquatch on 35s. That’s a big deal when it comes to unsprung weight and the money we’re shelling out for five tires every ~40k miles.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost bought a used JL Jeep to hold me over till I could put an order in for a Bronco (missed the 2022 window). Literally was about to go to the finance persons office and noticed the paint bubbling at all the hinges. Did a quick google search and found it was a pretty significant issue for the JLs.

Ended up walking away from the jeep and buying a brand new Big Bend off the lot for the same price as the used Jeep that had 60k miles on it.

If you like the Bronco and are tired of waiting you can absolutely find one on the lot at MSRP that can hold you over till your perfect Bronco arrives.

Google JL Jeep paint bubbling and you might not want to buy it anymore.

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's easy to forget that the number of Jeeps and Broncos that will even see dirt is minuscule. The vast majority are not "enthusiasts" and are not swayed by the cache of "Jeep" or "Bronco". Any of those people driving them side by side would never pick the Jeep.
LOL - This ^.
95% of this forum and the jeep forums are having slap fights in the mall parking lot as to who is cooler...
Sponsored