Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 95 2 door XJ, cracked the head and had to replace the engine but after that it was great. 😂

In all honesty with a 4 inch lift it had much better clearances than my Bronco. I had done a ton of non-offroad specific work otherwise, replaced a lot of electrical stuff, including a high output alternator, prepping it for a winch, as well as new starter, new ground wires. It got an aftermarket radiator, new hoses, new u-joints, I even cut out the rear bar pins and replaced all that. All told I spent probably around 11,000 dollars on a jeep I paid 3500 for, but I loved that hunk of junk. Had I finished building it the way I wanted it, with lockers and all that I'd have been into it at least 25k and I'd likely still be driving it today and not the bronco. But unfortunately life got in the way. I didn't make anywhere near what I do now financially, and I didn't have foresight back then to see it through. So I sold it. 😢

These days 2 door 4x4s are rare as shit, and selling that thing is one of my biggest regrets (as far as vehicles are concerned). If I had kept it and finished it would be running circles around a bronco on the trails, those things are amazing when built right. But at 41 years old now I am perfectly happy with all the modern conveniences, and capabilities of my Bronco, as the spiritual successor to my beloved XJ.

Ford Bronco Jeep XJ Comparison P3300050

PA270029.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bot can't figure out complex things like that :LOL:
Honestly, they should just close their account as with that latest comment they have jumped the proverbial shark.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's one good-looking Bronco, Brian!
Hey, you forgot to ask him to PM you his VIN so you can help convert his Jeep into a Bronco.

I have now determined that the Ford bot works for Jeep. WE HAVE A MOLE!!!

Ford Bronco Jeep XJ Comparison 1665585971974

Sponsored
OP
OP
BKXJ

BKXJ

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are huge XJ fans at JCR! No way we’d give ours up. Love the new bronco, great vehicle, but something just timeless about the XJ!
Been using your XJ roof rack for years for carrying ladders and gear and it’s literally perfect. Get compliments daily, thanks for making great products!

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I own both, bought a 2wd XJ as a winter beat we while waiting for my Bronco (sold my Focus to my nephew) XJ went from 2wd beater to 4wd, lifted, front and rear lockers, and I don't even know what else my husband has done to it. It's become his favorite car, so simple it's like a giant lego set lol. The Bronco has more passenger space, XJ has more storage and ground clearance. Bronco drives way nicer obviously, we love them both and I love that I don't have to scratch my Bronco paint to go off roading lol

Ford Bronco Jeep XJ Comparison Screenshot_20220814-063827_Facebook

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is my daily XJ, 5.5" long arms, Currie Steering, 4.56's, Everything under the hood is new. on 33's super reliable. I'm trying to decide when my bronco arrives if i'll keep it. It's my baby but i really wont have the room for it.

xj.jpg
Sponsored