Sponsored

Any former Jeep Gladiator owners here? Steering comparison?

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Long time Jeeper here. From Wranglers to Gladiators.
Have had a reservation since August and obviously waiting on order banks to re open.

Quick question, do you find the Bronco being blown around when driving on interstate on windy days?
Last night had to drive to Miami and winds were 10 mph and spent the entire drive (3 hours each way) making micro corrections on steering wheel to keep Jeep in center of lane.
Sponsored

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have had 4 Wrangler JLUs, and a Gladiator. The steering on the Bronco is 100x better but you will still feel the wind since it is a high profile vehicle.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never driven a gladiator but if you have driven in the past 2 days in south Florida it has been windy AF. I don’t notice what you described with the Jeep though

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sold my 2021 Gladiator to buy my Bronco. But haven’t hit any high winds in the Bronco yet to compare. I can say that I never noticed any issues with my Gladiator (Mohave) during cross winds.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any vehicle the size and shape of the Bronco or Jeep is gonna feel windy gusts. I drove a Tundra and 4Runner before this and both would move if a big side gust hit. If you don’t wanna get moved around, buy a small car that sits low to the ground. Buy a lifted vehicle and pay the price 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course it blows around….it’s a brick…just like a wrangler or gladiator…but the steering isn’t as sloppy cause of the ifs.

Broncoblk23

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got rid of a 22 gladiator rubicon for the bronco and bronco is 1000x better driving on the highway. I even put a fox ats steering stabilizer on the gladiator and it was so hard to keep straight on the highway even with no wind. I’m pretty sure people thought I was shitfaced every time I drove it. In the bronco I can drive 85-90 no problem with zero corrections.

OP
OP
Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Of course it blows around….it’s a brick…just like a wrangler or gladiator…but the steering isn’t as sloppy cause of the ifs.
This is what I was thinking. But don’t have any experience driving an independent front suspension truck or suv.

OP
OP
Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got rid of a 22 gladiator rubicon for the bronco and bronco is 1000x better driving on the highway. I even put a fox ats steering stabilizer on the gladiator and it was so hard to keep straight on the highway even with no wind. I’m pretty sure people thought I was shitfaced every time I drove it. In the bronco I can drive 85-90 no problem with zero corrections.
I like hearing this.

OP
OP
Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any vehicle the size and shape of the Bronco or Jeep is gonna feel windy gusts. I drove a Tundra and 4Runner before this and both would move if a big side gust hit. If you don’t wanna get moved around, buy a small car that sits low to the ground. Buy a lifted vehicle and pay the price 🤷🏼‍♂️
10 mph winds are nothing. I’ve owned full size trucks before that were not affected by 10 mph winds. At least not to the point of constantly making micro corrections in the steering like I’ve done repeatedly with both JL Wranglers and JTs(Gladiators). I don’t remember my JK Wranglers having as sloppy of steering as the JLs and JTs. I’ve assumed the solid front axle was the reason. Looking forward to driving an independent front suspension long term.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear ya. These were not side gusts. I was driving south and winds were out of the south. Been driving Jeeps my whole life. Don’t care to drive a little car. I totally understand the lack of aerodynamics of these vehicles. Didn’t come on here to debate that. Just want real life feedback regarding if there was a big difference between the IFS of the Bronco and the SFA of the Jeep.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve driven my Bronco in 70mph crosswinds, and it was definitely two hand driving but doable.

Broncoblk23

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve driven my Bronco in 70mph crosswinds, and it was definitely two hand driving but doable.
pretty much any vehicle would move in 70mph crosswinds that’s basically a cat 1 hurricane…also two hands, that’s some white knuckle shit lol
Sponsored