Sponsored

Any former Jeep Gladiator owners here? Steering comparison?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pretty much any vehicle would move in 70mph crosswinds that’s basically a cat 1 hurricane…also two hands, that’s some white knuckle shit lol
Wasn’t fun. 18 wheelers were pulled over and at least one trailer turned over. Smart thing probably would have been to pull over too, but we were 8 days out and ready to get home.
Sponsored

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a 2022 Gladiator - not knowing when my Bronco would be built. The 1st time I drove the Gladiator home from the dealership ( 45 minutes from my house on the Interstate highway ) - I was quickly reminded of all of the minor corrections needed to just stay in my lane. Lots of Work being done, narrow lanes,cement barriers on each side. I was 2 handing it. I was nervous.
I've had XJ's,TJ's and JL's . The Bronco is a much more relaxing drive, Better ride, more comfortable,more power and when accelerating, I hear very little engine noise vs the Gladiator.
I REALLY liked my Gladiator- but it cannot compete with the pleasure of driving the Bronco.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still would love a Daddiator for quads and truck stuff in style, but never giving my girl up for one

Sponsored

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Loved my 20 gladiator Rubicon but the side wind was brutal on the freeway with 33s, worse with 38s. I really had to keep 2 hands on the wheel. Sold it when my 2dr Sasquatch base came in, put same 38s on it and still drives like a dream. Barely feel the side wind. Even better in my wife's 4dr on 35s. I do miss the gladiator for all its purpose, especially towing, but for driving enjoyment there is a dramatic difference. I do look forward to a bronco pickup set-up that can tow.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve know two people who had Gladiators. Never anyone who got a second or kept it very long. 🤷 And by very long more than 2-3 years. I like the idea but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a 2021 Gladiator Mojave that I drove on the highway all the time and i did have to make small adjustments with regards to steering but overall it was fine. I just got my new WildTrak Bronco and no real highway time yet, will report back. I can say this though, I loved my gladiator but this Bronco drives like a dream in comparison.

Hurley1982

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Own both. Drove the Bronco 600 miles through windy conditions. Steering wheel had to be cocked to the side most of the trip and was blown around. Overall though the Bronco steering feel is better than the gladiator, it still requires corrections, just not as many.
Ford Bronco Any former Jeep Gladiator owners here? Steering comparison? 3F58087C-B1C2-4FF9-81FA-DD75A3C114D8

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The steering is a massive improvement. I had a jlu and a gladiator and my 2dr sas can drive 80 in the wind and its fine. The build quality is another story

clmh

Big Bend
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I drove highway last week in 60mph winds after driving a low profile convertible for 18 years. I was gripping with both hands but, honestly, it was much easier than I expected it to be.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my personal opinion... it's very managable until you put gear on a roof rack. Then it feels a bit like driving a sailboat.
That's not my experience. I just bought a cargo box (60x36x20) and drove it home, 50 miles empty. It was a calm winter day, and found no irregular motion or pull. The Bronco may have the aerodynamics of a brick, but it still offers superb highway handling.

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time Jeeper here. From Wranglers to Gladiators.
Have had a reservation since August and obviously waiting on order banks to re open.

Quick question, do you find the Bronco being blown around when driving on interstate on windy days?
Last night had to drive to Miami and winds were 10 mph and spent the entire drive (3 hours each way) making micro corrections on steering wheel to keep Jeep in center of lane.
Drove my badlands 2door sas at speed (85+) through the great state of Kansas on the way to Moab with some wind and the thing tracked super straight. Just rented a 4dr rubicon 4xe or whatever they call the phev. Drove that thing on I95 and the merritt parkway. Honestly above 45 the jeep is super squirrelly, better keep both hands on the wheels, etc.
Sponsored