Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope our Broncos do a bit better. This could give Jeeps a bad name.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sometimes it's best to stay at home.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sadams27

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope our Broncos do a bit better. This could give Jeeps a bad name.

That’s nuts! I can attest that the bronco handles well in snow. But that is a lot of snow!!

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve heard that when the freeways are closed people have used gps to find backroads, as if the backroads would be better off? This also was poor decision making…..

People should have a little more respect for Mother Nature and do a little more pre planning or be willing to cancel plans. I hope everyone made it out ok. Even the best 4wd wouldn’t be able to get you out of a poor planning situation. It’s a car, not Gandalf.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this would be the right time for either studded tires or chains.
i'm betting that R3 chain requirements have been invoked in that area.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been on a steep slick road one time that was similar to the one the idiot in the Jeep was on. I headed down it as a "shortcut" to get around a bunch of other stuck traffic and I hadn't gone five feet downhill before realizing that it was a mistake - too late now.

You brake when you can and let off the brakes to steer. After going about fifty feet and avoiding hitting anybody else I got it stopped. Then when I got out of my car I immedately fell flat on my back. I think it took about half an hour to untangle all of the cars, but nobody hit anybody else.

I try to stay home when it gets that slick, because I don't want someone else who doesn't know what they're doing to hit me.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I come from the world of snow tires on 4 auto vehicles. When I made the move to a Badlands Sasquatch with the good years, I was pretty impressed. I felt like I only had to slightly change my driving habits on packed snow. Then I moved to 37 inch Falken wildpeak mudtrains and it’s downright the sketchiest vehicle I’ve ever driven on packed snow. Every weekend I drive up to our local mountain including today, and I swear I’m next up on one of these viral videos. I’m no longer going to drive the bronco on packed snow and will drive my Tacoma on KO2s which are no dedicated snow tire but worlds better than my mudterrains. Moral of the story, it’s all about your tires. I don’t care what vehicle it is.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always watch these slow speed pong pong type video in awe. I'm in AK, 6 months of winter and locally no salt/deicer used. I live half way up the mountain with steep hills. I can think of maybe 1-2 of these domino effects sliding down a hill. I have to attribute it to drivers here having dedicated snow tires and better winter driving skills due to it being half the year.

Studded Hakkapeliittas on my Bronco work fantasticly.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I come from the world of snow tires on 4 auto vehicles. When I made the move to a Badlands Sasquatch with the good years, I was pretty impressed. I felt like I only had to slightly change my driving habits on packed snow. Then I moved to 37 inch Falken wildpeak mudtrains and it’s downright the sketchiest vehicle I’ve ever driven on packed snow. Every weekend I drive up to our local mountain including today, and I swear I’m next up on one of these viral videos. I’m no longer going to drive the bronco on packed snow and will drive my Tacoma on KO2s which are no dedicated snow tire but worlds better than my mudterrains. Moral of the story, it’s all about your tires. I don’t care what vehicle it is.

Sure, most mud tires are bad on the slick stuff. Less siping and harder compounds. Airing them down is a must.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A major reminder, here: You might be under control, but not necessarily the other guy!

Drive defensively. Think in terms of "anti-social distancing."

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amen. My old Ram was decent on it's old goodyears, but Yokohama Geolanders made it useless like fake tits on a zombie without 4hi (And even then)

I thought that one 4runner was gonna get smacked, he got lucky. Snow tires and chains or bust in those conditions