Sponsored

Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME!

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing you have to ask yourself is, if it is an OEM Ford accessory why didn't they pre punch the holes in the sheet metal during the tailgate fabrication.
Exactly! Seems like this rushed it out. Why can other manufacturers have better tables (thinner, less rattling, and with higher load capacity) with no drilling?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
We went with JCR, just because of the added features to it. Works great and we've used the hell out of it, just depends on your lifestyle. I filleted a fish on ours at the beach.

For punched a bunch of unnecessary holes in your bronco you can too!

A3EDC62C-BB2C-4E8F-A209-CB672D3C2BE7.jpeg
That looks amazing! I do dream of opening up the tailgate in Encinitas California and having a meal overlooking the beach while the sun is setting. There are probably about 20 parking spots/dirt patches that are ideal for this along the coast. Love walking by vehicles with people sitting in their truck beds with blankets or even people with beach chairs on their modified van roofs there. Hilarious, because they are blocking the view of the $5M homes across the street with their perfectly legal mods on their vehicles.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t be scared. Like stated before. A mechanical drill bit stop is needed for the tailgate. Safe and easy to use. I have no issues poking holes in mine.

Here’s some confidence pics for ya. You got this!

268F0406-1947-4E85-B4BB-7396DF88F4AB.jpeg

D659C20C-8AE8-456B-8237-4D631402B81F.jpeg

DE4A079B-315F-4EED-9203-A44F143FDB1C.jpeg
What did you install? Pics?

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no problems doing all kinds of things around the house like hanging a large TV over the fireplace or replacing a garbage disposal or fixing every part of a toilet, but I just cannot drill holes into my Bronco. I feel like in a house, everything you do is reversible. Not so in my vehicle.
I feel this with you! Like the way aftermarket companies are making the hood struts, you slide it into a hole and tighten up a bolt and it’s tight. This should be the norm, not drilling and cutting.

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I opened the Tailgate table box (the official Ford one that retails for $219). I looked at the instructions and probably watched about a hour of install videos. I am too scared to drill four 7/16" holes in my Bronco. I asked my dealer service department. They said it was a "pain in the neck" and they charge 2 hours of labor for it. Also they told me that they drilled all the way through once TO THE OUTSIDE and had to replace an entire tailgate. I have decided to not do it. I got it a while ago, so I cannot return. Anyone braver than me want one for $100 plus I will ship it to you if you want (you pay shipping)? And if you did install, how did it go for you?
Wrap some tape on the drill bit to mark how far you want to drill into the metal, works great and you don't have to worry about drilling too far.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just get the Mabett Tailgate. It uses the holes already in your broncos. No drilling needed

R1Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explore sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still don't understand why Fords table needs you to drill holes when they have the tailgate accessory ready.....
I have the Mabett ,no drilling and cheaper than others...Nice and heavy duty too....
20221221_163351.jpg
20221221_163829.jpg

20221221_163655.jpg

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I still don't understand why Fords table needs you to drill holes when they have the tailgate accessory ready.....
I have the Mabett ,no drilling and cheaper than others...Nice and heavy duty too....
Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 20221221_163655
Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 20221221_163655

I got the mabbett as well. Easy install and stout as hell. But to the op I wouldnt hesitate drilling either. Unless you have zero skill level its pretty easy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the mabbett as well. Easy install and stout as hell. But to the op I wouldnt hesitate drilling either. Unless you have zero skill level its pretty easy.
I got skills around the house. But I have never drilled into any of my vehicles. Also, the table does not seem so amazing that it is worth it.

Only 25lb capacity AND you have to drill? Why?

It has holes which are OK for hanging things on when closed, but NOT as actual table that I would have a burner on to cook something with. I could easy see the burner leg falling into a hole and tip over... or if I have my laptop on with my earbuds, they will probably fall right though the holes if I am not careful when I put them down.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the biggest reasons I opted for the Trailgater Outback Adventure Products. Not to mention this table is one of the best available in my opinion.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the biggest reasons I opted for the Trailgater Outback Adventure Products. Not to mention this table is one of the best available in my opinion.

I watched your video over the weekend. It did influence me to NOT install my Ford endorsed tailgate table and just eat the cost of it (for now). I really appreciate it. Where are you in that video? Looks fantastic there!

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I second this one. I have this one also. Only thing is the locking latch pops open.
Sponsored