Sponsored

Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME!

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A drill stop is all you need.
Tricky Dick is right. This is a drill stop (Harbor Freight, $4) if you're not familiar with it:
Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 1677001617798

I bought the RockSlide table ($275 at Bronconation.com). Heavy, sturdy, I'm very happy with it. And yes, it's installed with sheet metal screws you drill. I had a friend hold it while I drilled and screwed the top center, then he secured it level while I drilled two more--with the drill stop. No damage to the exterior panel, and it's on tight. (Do read the instructions!)
Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 1677002032099

Pancho, you're going to be taking this truck over rough roads and rocks and through woods and things, right? Or is it strictly a daily drive? If the former, understand that the Bronco is to be used and enjoyed, which means pushing the boundaries of your comfort zone.
Sorry if I'm something of a scold, but like the advertising slogan says, "Just do it!"
Sponsored

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude...
The shop told you that so you pay them - scare tactic. And Tricky Dick is dead on - Drill stop - problem solved.
You absolutely can do this. There are WAY stupider people out there drilling holes/re-gearing/etc... and i dont even know you :LOL:
The feeling of taking your time, mounting that sucker, and knowing YOU did it - you did something you thought was just beyond your scope - is second to none.
I was the exact same way years ago with my jeep - many of us were - but have confidence and take your time.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The early version did not ship with the drill stop which is why dealers and noobs were poking through to the outer skin. The table now comes with the bit and drill stop, so it’s impossible to poke through unless your an Uber noob. It’s easy.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drilled and installed my Ford table on the first week I had taken possession. It was a little scary but it was pretty easy and I've had no issues in a year and a half. I would keep it.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back in like 2014/2015 I took a 6" hole saw to my dad's S197 for a smooth decklid install. Couple holes on the inside of a tailgate are nothing.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the factory table. Overall satisfied, fits good and no rattles. My only complaint is the provided nut-serts and tool suck. I ended up getting some good ones with a proper setting tool.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Velcro tape.
Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! 1677003357747

I opened the Tailgate table box (the official Ford one that retails for $219). I looked at the instructions and probably watched about a hour of install videos. I am too scared to drill four 7/16" holes in my Bronco. I asked my dealer service department. They said it was a "pain in the neck" and they charge 2 hours of labor for it. Also they told me that they drilled all the way through once TO THE OUTSIDE and had to replace an entire tailgate. I have decided to not do it. I got it a while ago, so I cannot return. Anyone braver than me want one for $100 plus I will ship it to you if you want (you pay shipping)? And if you did install, how did it go for you?

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opened the Tailgate table box (the official Ford one that retails for $219). I looked at the instructions and probably watched about a hour of install videos. I am too scared to drill four 7/16" holes in my Bronco. I asked my dealer service department. They said it was a "pain in the neck" and they charge 2 hours of labor for it. Also they told me that they drilled all the way through once TO THE OUTSIDE and had to replace an entire tailgate. I have decided to not do it. I got it a while ago, so I cannot return. Anyone braver than me want one for $100 plus I will ship it to you if you want (you pay shipping)? And if you did install, how did it go for you?
Fortune favors the bold....I had major heart palpitations when doing mine even with using a drill stop. Aluminum tailgate is easy peasy to drill. As they say in the old country, "Piano, piano...." - rought translation - go slowly!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here man. Dumbest mod I have done. I literally never use it and it rattles slightly.
Agree I had hot nuts to get it done. Bought the table using Ford Points and I rarely use it. Plus like you said it has a definite rattle.

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went with JCR, just because of the added features to it. Works great and we've used the hell out of it, just depends on your lifestyle. I filleted a fish on ours at the beach.

For punched a bunch of unnecessary holes in your bronco you can too!

Ford Bronco Just could NOT get myself to drill holes for the Tailgate Table... HELP ME! A3EDC62C-BB2C-4E8F-A209-CB672D3C2BE7