Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting dual valve system. Didn’t know that was a thing. Description also says TPMS protection. Is that for an external sensor?

I just ordered wheels to put on my BD, when it arrives. TireRack has a deal on some AlphaEquipt Delta wheels that I like better than anything from the factory. They're 17x8.5 with +35mm offset (Ranger wheels). I think they'll look great and more importantly will fit the Mickey Thompson 33x12.50 R 17 Baja Boss ATs I plan to put on a well.

1617839691037.png
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been fighting the urge to get some beadlocks and 37s ordered. Telling myself I'll wait for it to be scheduled for production first.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had wheels for 4 months...

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just be sure the deal doesn't fall through. In 14, I ordered a Mustang and before it arrived, I had nearly $3k in parts purchased and I almost didn't buy the Mustang.
That’s a risk for sure. Worst case, I’ll sell them for a loss, but a Ranger FX4 is one of my backup options.

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting dual valve system. Didn’t know that was a thing. Description also says TPMS protection. Is that for an external sensor?
TPMS are valve stems that monitor the tire pressure and send a signal to the computer. The stems are hard and subject to damage (more so than the flexible non-TPMS valve stems) when wheeling. That’s what the protected “hole” at the bottom of the wheel in the picture is for.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
While I can't speak for off road driving applications, the dual-valve system gained popularity in the late 90's as a technology in F1 that flowed down to some high-end OZ wheels and track-specific wheels back when you would need a second valve to run the pressure control and vent to your desired PSI.

Then the guns became advanced and reliable enough that you can set the PSI before you touch the hose and it will auto-set to the exact PSI, often within less than a tenth of a lb.

Assuming on off-road wheels it would be about the same, but also faster drain or fill if you didn't have any of the dozens of styles of deflators which go to a set PSI while you put one on each wheels valve stem they should already be about done.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have not purchased wheels tires yet ,but lots of little stuff winch,cb,hi lift ,some assorted lights, some extra square 2x4 tubing for bumpers and stuff,delivery guy says to me are you buying ammo again i say nope bronco parts ,that stuff is heavy lol

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I bought Vision Nemesis. Bought 5 too! 🤦🏻‍♀️ They’re the same bolt pattern as my ‘85 Toyota SR5 so if Bronco tanks I can still use them.

Ford Bronco Just ordered wheels! Am I nuts? 1617844765560671702497606687583
You had me at ‘85 Toyota SR5. You building to sell?

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah protecting the stem makes more sense. Thought it meant it was protecting the actual sensor which is already protected internally in the wheel. Or maybe there was another version of tpms I didn’t know about.

TPMS are valve stems that monitor the tire pressure and send a signal to the computer. The stems are hard and subject to damage (more so than the flexible non-TPMS valve stems) when wheeling. That’s what the protected “hole” at the bottom of the wheel in the picture is for.

Sponsored

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had me at ‘85 Toyota SR5. You building to sell?
Love those old yotas. Can’t part with it, it’s my crawler truck.
Ford Bronco Just ordered wheels! Am I nuts? FEC4CD4A-C4E2-41B7-81DE-D4E3C458FFF9

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just ordered wheels to put on my BD, when it arrives. TireRack has a deal on some AlphaEquipt Delta wheels that I like better than anything from the factory. They're 17x8.5 with +35mm offset (Ranger wheels). I think they'll look great and more importantly will fit the Mickey Thompson 33x12.50 R 17 Baja Boss ATs I plan to put on a well.

Ford Bronco Just ordered wheels! Am I nuts? FEC4CD4A-C4E2-41B7-81DE-D4E3C458FFF9
Damit you guys pushed me into it i couldnt resist these beautys now that i have them on order im calling dealer firts thing and changing order to 4dr .
Ford Bronco Just ordered wheels! Am I nuts? Screenshot_20210407-184657_Chrome

Tank

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 4runner, couple of old Datsuns
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be nuts too. Just received these Monday. The interesting part for me was that my wife had no regard for the price, she simply asked ”why would you get wheels for something you don’t have yet”. “Because I got the 5th one free?”

Ford Bronco Just ordered wheels! Am I nuts? F9AE7C73-FF25-43D4-85EB-FFE55308C288

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I must be nuts too. Just received these Monday. The interesting part for me was that my wife had no regard for the price, she simply asked ”why would you get wheels for something you don’t have yet”. “Because I got the 5th one free?”

Ford Bronco Just ordered wheels! Am I nuts? F9AE7C73-FF25-43D4-85EB-FFE55308C288
I like those a lot.

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone who has already bought wheels has yuge cajones in my book. I think they'll look great but how did you settle on the right offset?
Sponsored