Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also received same mail, I am choosing no action because I don’t think I will be satisfied with what I get after making the changes. And it’s an expensive purchase (for me).

What other alternatives do I have, if I get a refund then I will have to wait for order banks to open and put in a new order. And who knows if they would have these items like hard-top and lux in the offerings.

At least with my order still in the system I have some hope (however small) that if the constraints gets resolved then I might get the bronco I wanted.

Does anybody else here in the forum shares this opinion?
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a ploy by Ford to not have to pay that price protection money. I'd be willing to be greater than 90% of the orders in the 1.5 year+ since reservation order category are lux, mic, sas. Regardless of if they have the parts to build them, purposely not build them or de-prioritize them allows them to save all that price protection money (over $5k in many cases per vehicle), have zero recourse because they can say "told you so". I have to imagine most people who waited 1.5+ years aren't going to settle for something they don't want even for an extra $2500. Ford may pick and choose a few LUX, SAS, MIC (like mine which finally got a build date even after I received the first bad news email) to save face, but this is literally a get out of jail free card.

FWIW, I was going to keep my order the same and hope for the best as well.
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got your Bronco and apparently you got it configured to your satisfaction.
Thats great.
Ford is however advising customers to reconfigure their order(s) in a manner that does not meet everyone’s satisfaction.
Thus your right and your choice to buy a Defender........

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your dealer was provided their remaining 2023 allocation by model so they should know if you have a chance to be built this year or not. Of course, Ford could still screw that up.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't followed the PP stuff for MY23 and beyond, so not sure how that is working, but I am pretty sure what people perceive as the PP is not true price protection to what was agreed to. PP was offered in a dollar value tier by mode/trim that was a standardized way to accommodate their cost increases. I hate to sound like I am defending Ford's cluster fuck of a situation here, but at some point they just needed to cut that out. I would have hoped they would honor it to early reservation holders and such but where is that line drawn? I just don't think that is reasonable to extend true price protection indefinitely. If I were a small business owner and had offered something similar and my costs were going up and up and up as they have......with no real understanding of how much and for how long.......I might also make a choice to say sorry as well. Ford has deep pockets, so this is a risk management exercise.....but the fine print and the likelihood of end customers being successful in fighting this.......well, that has been part of their risk management strategy that I think has resulted in their policy changes and such. We don't like it, but at some point it just had to change IMO. That time is now, unfortunately.
For the long term order holders it's pretty simple. If we are not built in 23 we will be paying for full bore 2024 pricing. No concessions of getting "in line" ahead of new orders. Nothing. Back to square one. If you choose to continue the chase it will cost a few thousand more for the same vehicle you ordered 3 years ago.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone taking bets on if Ford will allow new orders at the 2023.5 model year pricing to select LUX, MIC, SAS?

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your letter would get more traction if it was sent to the Wall Street journal or CNBC. They are looking closely at Ford/Farley after this latest quarter of poor execution. If they started getting a bunch of letters on the same topic, you could bet a news segment or article would be produced.

That would get Farley’s attention.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone taking bets on if Ford will allow new orders at the 2023.5 model year pricing to select LUX, MIC, SAS?
Good question. They could (1) push back order banks opening (2) limit the trims, options available for new retail orders (3) extend PP and priority to any 22 to 23 to 24 orders.

Pretty sure they won’t do 1 or 3.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got this from Ford today.

573C456E-BEA7-4E62-8022-82C870030351.png
Man this really sucks. I’m glad I’m out of the game now but I definitely sympathize with those who have waited for years, and now you are still spending 40, 50, 60k on a truck that isn’t exactly what you want.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also received same mail, I am choosing no action because I don’t think I will be satisfied with what I get after making the changes. And it’s an expensive purchase (for me).

What other alternatives do I have, if I get a refund then I will have to wait for order banks to open and put in a new order. And who knows if they would have these items like hard-top and lux in the offerings.

At least with my order still in the system I have some hope (however small) that if the constraints gets resolved then I might get the bronco I wanted.

My sentiments exactly. I also received the email. $60k get what I want or $55k and lose three large things I want…$55k is too much to pay to be disappointed.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. They could (1) push back order banks opening (2) limit the trims, options available for new retail orders (3) extend PP and priority to any 22 to 23 to 24 orders.

Pretty sure they won’t do 1 or 3.
What ford allows to be ordered when the banks open back up will tell us everything we need to know on if ford is restricting MIC, LUX, SAS for reservation/current order holders to not have to pay price protection or they truly are constrained.

Sponsored

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yet dealers in Detroit are almost daily posting in the Facebook for sale pages Wildtrack and Badlands with SAS and atleast High Package, regularly saw dual tops a month or so ago.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZetaLady

Wildtrak
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007Hummer H3, 2019 Volkswagen Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Just received: Change your order or else email from Ford- Round 2 Bronco2023-02-17

My reminder email was worded slightly different than the OP. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed though. I just really don't want to pay 60K+ and have to Currently have a Wildtrak with lux package on order.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my bronco last July, after ordering twice, but I felt the same way. Lots of folks were changing their orders to get their broncos sooner but I didn't want to give up anything. You'll be happier if you get what you want and you won't have to think about what you're maybe missing

Roxxolid

Badlands
First Name
Rox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Happens if You Don’t Take One of These Actions?

If you take no action and leave your order as is, and your Bronco cannot be delivered as a 2023 model year, your order will be canceled. You will then need to place a 2024 model year order at the 2024 model year pricing.
I smell a class action lawsuit
Sponsored