Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember when you see the green dot that it's not that I value my stuff over a human life , it is the fact that you value my stuff over your life.
Lol, huh? Someone is supposed to assume that the owner of property will kill them if they steal something? I love my Bronco, but I am not killing someone over it. That's insanity.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't hold me to this because I was unable to open the 2024 Corsair WSM but I thought Ford was changing something with the keyless entry system that was going to make this type of hack almost impossible.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, huh? Someone is supposed to assume that the owner of property will kill them if they steal something? I love my Bronco, but I am not killing someone over it. That's insanity.
Yes because if they have trespassed to get to my property then I have no idea of what their intentions are. If you see someone stealing your stuff please feel free to go and ask them questions. My wife or daughter may be home alone some night when that happens and I prefer not to take the chance that a vehicle or tools is all they are after.

Exactly what would you do ? Look out the curtain and hope that's all they want ?
Go confront them politely and hope they are not crazy enough to shoot you over YOUR property ?

What's more insane ? Lol

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes because if they have trespassed to get to my property then I have no idea of what their intentions are. If you see someone stealing your stuff please feel free to go and ask them questions. My wife or daughter may be home alone some night when that happens and I prefer not to take the chance that a vehicle or tools is all they are after.

Exactly what would you do ? Look out the curtain and hope that's all they want ?
Go confront them politely and hope they are not crazy enough to shoot you over YOUR property ?

What's more insane ? Lol
Yeah man. I’m pretty sure they just want the car. Lol

Plus, shoot to kill is kind an odd first step. Scare them off maybe? In any case, I guess I’m lucky that this decision will likely never come up for me.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't hold me to this because I was unable to open the 2024 Corsair WSM but I thought Ford was changing something with the keyless entry system that was going to make this type of hack almost impossible.
They're probably doing what they already do in Europe.

This type of attack is MUCH more common over on the other side of the pond, and a lot of European manufacturers have motion sensors in the key fobs. If the key fob doesn't detect movement for XX seconds, it'll effectively disable all communication. When you pick it up, it'll reactivate.

The hack would still be possible, but obviously it would prevent the "my car was stolen in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping!" sort of attack.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah man. I’m pretty sure they just want the car. Lol

Plus, shoot to kill is kind an odd first step. Scare them off maybe? In any case, I guess I’m lucky that this decision will likely never come up for me.
have you seen the price of ammo? Not worth a warning shot lol

Sponsored

Scott M

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Black Diamond, '99 BMW M3, '88 BMW 325i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's more insane ? Lol
Does this happen frequently where you live? Sounds awful.
We have enough law enforcement here that I don't need to live in constant fear of the scenario you just described.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this happen frequently where you live? Sounds awful.
We have enough law enforcement here that I don't need to live in constant fear of the scenario you just described.
It's never happened. Probably because I live 1000' uphill from the road and most thieves are too lazy or because they hear me practicing on my gun range and that's enough deterant.

From all the key fob paranoia in this thread it seemed to me everyone else had a problem, lol

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The faraday boxes work way better than the pouches. Most of the pouches still "leak" a signal out. A faraday box creates a tight seal. An Airtag is good to hide inside the Bronco too in case they disconnect the battery or reset FordPass.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The faraday boxes work way better than the pouches. Most of the pouches still "leak" a signal out. A faraday box creates a tight seal. An Airtag is good to hide inside the Bronco too in case they disconnect the battery or reset FordPass.
could you recommend a specific box you may be using? Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.