First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i think im more confused than angry. my badlands, which i've owned less than a week, got its front windows tinted today. when it was done, they showed me a nasty scratch running nearly the whole length of the right front panel (pic attached). you can see deep rivets near the top and bottom. folks, does this look like damage from a key? i've seen keyed vehicles and it's almost always on the doors. i've only had her since saturday, so 4 days, and other than a few visits to the gym and groceries its been chilling in the garage. i'm wondering if it's damage received via transit from Michigan (bought her the day it arrived). unfortunately i dont have any close pics prior to leaving the dealership. in any event, definitely not how i wanted my first week with the Bronco to go! any ideas on how something like this would be fixed?

20220503_164420.jpg
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i think im more confused than angry. my badlands, which i've owned less than a week, got its front windows tinted today. when it was done, they showed me a nasty scratch running nearly the whole length of the right front panel (pic attached). you can see deep rivets near the top and bottom. folks, does this look like damage from a key? i've seen keyed vehicles and it's almost always on the doors. i've only had her since saturday, so 4 days, and other than a few visits to the gym and groceries its been chilling in the garage. i'm wondering if it's damage received via transit from Michigan (bought her the day it arrived). unfortunately i dont have any close pics prior to leaving the dealership. in any event, definitely not how i wanted my first week with the Bronco to go! any ideas on how something like this would be fixed?

Ford Bronco keyed Bronco? 20220503_164420
file a claim with you insurance company.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like it was keyed to me. Transport damage has been a bit more extreme from what I've seen.

Samsam315

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry this happened to you. I agree that the placement is strange and doesn’t align with normal keying as most are trying to be discrete.

Did you have your front windshield tinted or just the sides? The size of the cut looks like a razor blade may be the culprit. I watched them tint my windows and paid particular attention to watch carefully as they use the outside of the windshield to lay the tint paper for measurement of my windshield strip and then cut it very quickly with a razor. Definitely had me concerned!

Also based on the size of the mark, I can’t believe you would have missed that during pickup at your dealer or even leaving the gym. I have a black Bronco as well and that would have stuck out.

OP
OP

floridaman

Badlands
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Samsam315 i did get the windshield tinted, and the damage makes a bunch more sense if a razor was involved. not what i ever expected from what should be a routine service these days! well, if there's a silver lining it's i didnt immediately get the paint protection, i'm pretty sure it wouldnt have helped with this lol. thanks everyone for the replies, @Samsam315 your Bronco looks amazing and a twin to mine

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bet it came like that...who keys a car that way? They go down the side. Make sure when you get it repainted look at all angles, in light etc. My brother had hell getting a tailgate looking right after it got keyed on his black truck.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My opinion is that the tinter didn’t do that with his blade. No way will a blade chip the paint like that, it will for sure scratch the paint but not chip. For the paint to chip it would need more force then someone moving a blade across the paint.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20220503_164420.jpg
I think your tint shop screwed you over looks like someone cut the tint over top the pillar and scratched it then it looks like they made it worst bye trying to do something else to it to cover it up and funny they were the ones to point it out to you . Without proof though your screwed it becomes he said she said

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In your photo, when I blow it up it looks like there is debris on the pillar and in the seam between the windshield and pillar. Are those paint chips and paint debris? What is that big glob of speckled stuff? If so, I'd be a bit suspect that this happened before arriving to the tint shop, depending on weather, driving speed, etc. In any event, that is a real shame that occurred to your new Bronco, regardless how it got there.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes me wonder if something tipped over and struck, then slid down the A pillar.

Sponsored
OP
OP

floridaman

Badlands
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your photo, when I blow it up it looks like there is debris on the pillar and in the seam between the windshield and pillar. Are those paint chips and paint debris? What is that big glob of speckled stuff? If so, I'd be a bit suspect that this happened before arriving to the tint shop, depending on weather, driving speed, etc. In any event, that is a real shame that occurred to your new Bronco, regardless how it got there.

i appreciate it man. the white flakes puzzled me too, what i can say for sure is a damp paper towel and a little pressure completely removes them. you can also see them near the roof where the windshield meets the top. i took this pic right outside the tinter's shop, and it has not been driven in the rain or adverse weather yet. plus i saw the dealership give her a complete wash due to all the dust from the transport. for all the reasons you mentioned i agree it seems unlikely the Bronco got them while on the road and seems to point to some fookery afoot during the tinting

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So when our oldest daughter was about 10, my wife got a call from her that "something" happened to the seat of an expensive (to us, at the time) La-Z-Boy recliner. Turned out that she had spilled a drink on it (there was no food or drink allowed on it), then in the process of trying to clean it up and dry it, she put a hair dryer too close the fabric and melted a circular hole in the seat. So she called my wife to say that she didn't know what had happened, but wanted us to know about it. (The truth came out later, of course.)

I tell this story because I'd bet that your tinter melted a hole in the seat of your La-Z-Boy. I would have immediately told them that this scratch was NOT there when you brought it in. May not be too late to do so now. No sense paying a deductible or risking an increase in your insurance premiums for something you clearly didn't do.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm curious how to fix those scratches as well. I found a long scratch down the front passenger door. I was pissed thinking someone keyed my car. My wife and oldest son confessed and said my three year old took a rock to it. They were hoping I didn't see it so they never told me :ROFLMAO:

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Makes me wonder if something tipped over and struck, then slid down the A pillar.
Looks like a portable basketball hoop blew over on it and skid down the pillar. I’ve seen it before! 😁

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I seeing things or does it appear someone tried to touch it up?
Sponsored