First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes I just don’t understand you whippersnappers. It isn’t like you need a hand truck to bring your key or fob into your home. There is absolutely no upside to leaving the key or fob in the vehicle.
i run on the beach and sometimes jump on the water to cool off. I don’t want this large key jangling in my pocket and then it dies! Just an old fashioned key would be fine but these giant fobs no thank you

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There *IS* a universal default code to LOCK the vehicle -- Hold down 7/8 and 9/0 simultaneously with the key fob inside, it will then lock doors. See @FourHorses post above
Oh good point… I’d *hate* for car thieves to learn there is a universal *lock* code on Fords.

???????

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im 99% there was a version of this tape on keypad that you could install/link yourself using your keys. Similar procedure as adding a spare key yourself, but I can not find that currently. If anyone has added/linked a keypad to the Bronco themselves let us know!
Adding a key, at least on older systems, requires two factory keys associated with the PATS module, adding a fob, which the key pad is technically, requires cycling the ignition on and off eight times until the system unlocks, then pressing the lock/unlock on each add on fob... the re-learn of the Code Alarm remote start fob is even more elaborate to the point I haven't memorized it and my F250 keeps un-learning that fob.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
i run on the beach and sometimes jump on the water to cool off. I don’t want this large key jangling in my pocket and then it dies! Just an old fashioned key would be fine but these giant fobs no thank you
I walk the beach (and jump in to cool off) most days of the week..(summertime)..I lock my wallet..money and key fab in the the back hatch..and lock the doors..no worry about losing,or stealing anything..Returning to the vehicle,I punch in the 5 digit code and the doors unlock...never had a problem..

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I live in the south in an area where you never hear of car theft we all have guns. This is the last thing I worry about. I leave them in the center console. Yes if someone does cut the top and get in they will be able to crank the ride and leave with it. I'm also a grown man and will do what I want so I don't care if you like my ways or not. Do it don't do it I don't care but many people live in areas like me with no crime and don't really care what the trolls think

Its all perspective.
I only use the keypad. I am the most paranoid person in the world when I have a rental. Have to remind myself not to lock the keys in, haha.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, ya I'm well aware. The Bronco keypad is a wireless stick on. I find it a very ugly wart, there is no way I am going to put it on the door. I will probably buy one and stick it in the fuel door for emergencies.

For what it's worth (at least based on the 2022 B&P) the 22 one looks like it's paint matched on the exterior, so it's not quite as bad as it was last year.

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh good point… I’d *hate* for car thieves to learn there is a universal *lock* code on Fords.

???????
Not sure what your "???" are about -- @Coloradonatives asked what the default codes are for lock and unlock; you said there are no universal codes and that is incorrect. And to be accurate, there is no such thing as one code to both lock and unlock (or as you put it several times "lock/unlock code"). The 5-digit keypad code only unlocks the doors. It does not lock them.

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
reading the manual is important. It helps owners understand how the system works. Thanks for posting.
I agree, reading the Manual is important and usually answers questions, but there is an absolute absence of info about the keypad in the manual.

@ZackDanger quoted to relevant parts, but those sections actually address keyless entry NOT KEYPAD. The Base trim level does NOT have keyless entry. Some of the functions related to the key fob still apply (which is why ZackDanger's explanation helped and answered why the car will unlock itself if locked with the door buttons with the fob inside the car).

But Ford's manual failed on the keypad. The manual, for example, does not explain that you may change the 5-digit code. It does not explain that pressing 7-8-9-0 will lock the doors. Etc.

Given the lack of info in the manual, I'm glad for all of the info and posting in this forum!! Thanks!!

Sponsored

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford pass on iphone works real good. I also just discovered that it works on the apple watch! There are only 2 buttons to unlock/lock doors on the watch app - btw I have the celluar watch, I'm pretty sure it would work with bluetooth watch as well.
Gotta be careful I waited about 30 mins the other day for it to update and let me in.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta be careful I waited about 30 mins the other day for it to update and let me in.
Man add Fordpass its a back up plan. From time to time you will have it not willing to lock because it was already locked from the inside so when this happens and you try and do it from the keypad it doesn't want to work because the keys are in it. But Fordpass will still let you lock it. Or lets say you are at the Ball field and you know one of the kids just went in the truck you ask them did they lock it back they say yes but your not sure. Just lock it again with fordpass and you will know its locked.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man add Fordpass its a back up plan. From time to time you will have it not willing to lock because it was already locked from the inside so when this happens and you try and do it from the keypad it doesn't want to work because the keys are in it. But Fordpass will still let you lock it. Or lets say you are at the Ball field and you know one of the kids just went in the truck you ask them did they lock it back they say yes but your not sure. Just lock it again with fordpass and you will know its locked.
Thats what was updating and I was sweating my balls off waiting for the ford pass app to update.

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
^ @FourHorses and others answered that question (I had the same question).
I got that. I tried to see what happens when you leave the keys in and use the pad to lock the door. Then use a different key to unlock. Didn’t matter it fired right up. Ah well. Now if I can get my pre collision sensor working all will be good in the world…almost
Sponsored