jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry what hump are you talking about? The tailgate latch bump?
This massive thing behind the seats...and it's not something you'll want to sleep over. This was my point above, the 32" from the tailgate to the hump, and does not include the extra space you'd pick up in the real world.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos b60325de-be19-47d4-bb94-b8a27d1eb7ed-
Sponsored

Last edited:

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you @ZackDanger

Having all this information in one place is invaluable and saves us so much time by not having to dig through dozens of threads and posts.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Coors can should always be used for reference 🍻

Seriously, thanks for putting all this together.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
in the overland concept the ARB Classic II 37qt fridge was used which is 27.8" it was mounted on an ARB Fridge slide as well..

Specs
37QT
Capacity37 Quart (50 x 12oz cans)
External Dimensions16.9in (H) x 15in (W) x 27.8in (D)

The Fridge slide dimensions are ....
  • Dimensions (L x W x H): 28.5 x 18 x 3 inches
that fits fully in the rear with the door closed and the tail gate table installed.. call that 2" deep (?)

so were probably at 30.5" +/- 1" to the Hump..

Purely back of the envelope guess stuff here...

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s some more info if you want it. Screenshots from some @LEGEND posts.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos AAC95088-F4E7-41F8-9B43-253E163CBA86

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos ED9BDC3F-04DA-4666-BA46-257BB2109F26

He also measured 54” from rear gate to center console.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Zack, after looking closely at the pictures, this drawing looks to better show the trim pieces behind the seats and the vertical plane. Keep in mind Amans dimension was to the trim piece. And my estimated dimension was to the larger hump on the 4 door

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 50AA4633-9268-42D1-BC59-7F08CFFAB307

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys. I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

I've been struggling to jump around to different references and photos supplied by other forum members, and I wanted to consolidate it into a reference for myself.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has supplied this information. I've tried to credit people where I've been able to remember. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm only consolidating their work. They're the true heroes.

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I recorded lengths that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know things for sure... your interpretation or rounding comfort may be different...

A good example is the back depth of the 2-door. It was measured by the amazing @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open. From my experience with the Jeep Wrangler, and judging by the situation, I going to assume there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed... ::EDIT:: I've since updated the 2-door rear depth to reflect the 20" based on @jaruss01 observations. (also worth noting is with the recline on the back seats, the usable depth decreases as height increases)

Because these are my personal notes as of today, I put my name and the date on it. I don't want anyone thinking these are "official" or "confirmed" because I'm sure eventually we'll have more accurate numbers.

Not pretty but I think it gets the point across. I even went as far sketching it on a grid but ignoring them altogether. ;)

If anyone has better or more accurate info, please share.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 50AA4633-9268-42D1-BC59-7F08CFFAB307

(I'll make ongoing edits to this post to include the references I used to create this.)

@jaruss01 has been, and continues to kill it with the math skills in this thread (and others): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imensions-est-32-6”-depth-plus-6”-hump.12451/

@SHLYGRR math skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...calculation-with-rear-seats-folded-down.4275/

@AzScorpion tapemeasure skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-seats-all-the-way-forward.12373/#post-451030

@Toccoa with some very early detective work in this thread (worth noting, I feel these are very liberal with the estimations): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...analysis-dimensions-length-width-height.3848/

The following diagrams and calculations were done by SHLYGRR (link above) when all we had to go on were these preproduction reveal photos and no actual stats. He took known values like wheel base and length to scale and estimate dimensions. (This is why they differ from my complied notes.)

This is an excerpt from the Ford Press Release about being able to camp in the 4-door. That's where the overhead shot comes from. Someone was kind enough to overlay the dimensions stated in the text on that photo. (Not sure who that was, if you speak up I'd love to give you credit.)

(Worth noting here that the extended length of the slide out gate is about 12"... which is potentially only 1/3 the total depth of that cargo area... which, if that's the ratio they need to be able to support the loads they want to, would explain why the slide out tray is not available on the 20" deep 2-door)

There's also this spreadsheet... which I cant remember where it came from... some people assumed was showing cubic feet... but the values are close to what I've come up with for the inch measurements.

Anyone know where this came from?

::EDIT::

New information is coming in so fast that I decided to update my notes with the UTC time that it was updated.

Updated 2-door rear depth based on @jaruss01 observations.
I'm confused, photo shows 63.48" from back of 1st row to end of cargo area. It also shows width of 2nd row as 35.96. Is the difference the measurement of the cargo area??

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I know is the square root of 69 is 8 something

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This massive thing behind the seats...and it's not something you'll want to sleep over. This was my point above, the 32" from the tailgate to the hump, and does not include the extra space you'd pick up in the real world.

The slide out cargo tray is going to level the floor on the 4 door.
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612821065813

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused, photo shows 63.48" from back of 1st row to end of cargo area. It also shows width of 2nd row as 35.96. Is the difference the measurement of the cargo area??
I wouldn't try to make too much hay from those "measurements". Those were *very* early estimations made by SHLYGRR based on scaling known distances (like wheel base) and finding the ratios to estimated positions on those pictures, to estimate the distances.

Things like the 35.96 is the estimated width of the 2nd row door. The 63.48 is the estimated distance between where it looks like the front seat back is and where he estimated the inside of the rear hatch would be.

I actually didn't use any of those measurements for my notes, but I wanted to include them because they were very much part of the process here on the forum for us trying to figure this stuff out.
1612807001132-png.png

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't try to make too much hay from those "measurements". Those were *very* early estimations made by SHLYGRR based on scaling known distances (like wheel base) and finding the ratios to estimated positions on those pictures, to estimate the distances.

Things like the 35.96 is the estimated width of the 2nd row door. The 63.48 is the estimated distance between where it looks like the front seat back is and where he estimated the inside of the rear hatch would be.

I actually didn't use any of those measurements for my notes, but I wanted to include them because they were very much part of the process here on the forum for us trying to figure this stuff out.
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612807001132-
someone must know the exact measurement...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@lrtexasman Yes, correct. When its finally offered.

One thing thats important to note is that hump is a good 4, maybe 5" high. Given the cargo is so shallow compared to most SUVs/trucks, the trick to put up good volume numbers is in the height...with a lower load floor with the spare on the tailgate...21 cubic feet of real world usability from the load floor to the top of the seat becomes 17 cubic feet with a 4.5" thick tray assembly. You're shaving off a lot of usable space.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys. I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

I've been struggling to jump around to different references and photos supplied by other forum members, and I wanted to consolidate it into a reference for myself.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has supplied this information. I've tried to credit people where I've been able to remember. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm only consolidating their work. They're the true heroes.

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I recorded lengths that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know things for sure... your interpretation or rounding comfort may be different...

A good example is the back depth of the 2-door. It was measured by the amazing @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open. From my experience with the Jeep Wrangler, and judging by the situation, I going to assume there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed... ::EDIT:: I've since updated the 2-door rear depth to reflect the 20" based on @jaruss01 observations. (also worth noting is with the recline on the back seats, the usable depth decreases as height increases)

Because these are my personal notes as of today, I put my name and the date on it. I don't want anyone thinking these are "official" or "confirmed" because I'm sure eventually we'll have more accurate numbers.

Not pretty but I think it gets the point across. I even went as far sketching it on a grid but ignoring them altogether. ;)

If anyone has better or more accurate info, please share.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612807001132-

(I'll make ongoing edits to this post to include the references I used to create this.)

@jaruss01 has been, and continues to kill it with the math skills in this thread (and others): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imensions-est-32-6”-depth-plus-6”-hump.12451/

@SHLYGRR math skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...calculation-with-rear-seats-folded-down.4275/

@AzScorpion tapemeasure skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-seats-all-the-way-forward.12373/#post-451030

@Toccoa with some very early detective work in this thread (worth noting, I feel these are very liberal with the estimations): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...analysis-dimensions-length-width-height.3848/

The following diagrams and calculations were done by SHLYGRR (link above) when all we had to go on were these preproduction reveal photos and no actual stats. He took known values like wheel base and length to scale and estimate dimensions. (This is why they differ from my complied notes.)

This is an excerpt from the Ford Press Release about being able to camp in the 4-door. That's where the overhead shot comes from. Someone was kind enough to overlay the dimensions stated in the text on that photo. (Not sure who that was, if you speak up I'd love to give you credit.)

(Worth noting here that the extended length of the slide out gate is about 12"... which is potentially only 1/3 the total depth of that cargo area... which, if that's the ratio they need to be able to support the loads they want to, would explain why the slide out tray is not available on the 20" deep 2-door)

There's also this spreadsheet... which I cant remember where it came from... some people assumed was showing cubic feet... but the values are close to what I've come up with for the inch measurements.

Anyone know where this came from?

::EDIT::

New information is coming in so fast that I decided to update my notes with the UTC time that it was updated.

Updated 2-door rear depth based on @jaruss01 observations.
Jamba Juice is just a cover right?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@lrtexasman Yes, correct. When its finally offered.

One thing thats important to note is that hump is a good 4, maybe 5" high. Given the cargo is so shallow compared to most SUVs/trucks, the trick to put up good volume numbers is in the height...with a lower load floor with the spare on the tailgate...21 cubic feet of real world usability from the load floor to the top of the seat becomes 17 cubic feet with a 4.5" thick tray assembly. You're shaving off a lot of usable space.
stupid question, why is there a hump?
Sponsored