Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If i wanted a 4 door the jeep cherokee is a far superior product.
Maybe a Grand Cherokee the wife had a Cherokee and it was a hot bag of problems not even the same class of vehicle. If you want fuel capacity other Suv’s not in the off road category to choose from since you mentioned the Cherokee I don’t think many would consider that for what the Bronco is meant to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes the grand cherokee trailhawk or even land rover is a better deal on the 4 door. Both interiors are not even in the same league and both go 130mph and are capable off the pavement.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about a combined solution that replaces the trash can muffler and uses the space ? 6 amore gallons should do the trick.
Thats actually kind of doable, however I think the only way to make it happen is diy because of potential liability in a rear end collision. Just poking around w/a tape measure, and looking at a few already available race cells, I can make room for as much as 10 gal, maybe more. W/the muffler heat shield removed, and the plastic storage tray removed, there's quite a bit of room w/out the tank protruding below the frame rail or bumper. How to fill it, and how to pump it to the main tank are more complicated. I think using a second lift pump and switching arrangement would add cost and complexity that I don't want, but a simple arrangement that refills the main tank from the auxiliary would work fine for my purposes. I would also like the auxiliary tank to be relatively easy to remove when not needed. Its an idea a few of us have tossed around, but really haven't gotten anywhere with.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats actually kind of doable, however I think the only way to make it happen is diy because of potential liability in a rear end collision. Just poking around w/a tape measure, and looking at a few already available race cells, I can make room for as much as 10 gal, maybe more. W/the muffler heat shield removed, and the plastic storage tray removed, there's quite a bit of room w/out the tank protruding below the frame rail or bumper. How to fill it, and how to pump it to the main tank are more complicated. I think using a second lift pump and switching arrangement would add cost and complexity that I don't want, but a simple arrangement that refills the main tank from the auxiliary would work fine for my purposes. I would also like the auxiliary tank to be relatively easy to remove when not needed. Its an idea a few of us have tossed around, but really haven't gotten anywhere with.
Drew has done it.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.