Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

90k?!? For not even the R?! Woah wtf. If I was in the truck market I would B-Line to the TRX and have no regrets, coming from someone who has had nothing but Fords my whole life.

Edit: If you're really looking for a Bronco and don't have a reservation at this point, but do have raptor money - your best bet may be to try and pick one up off the lot in 2021. Most dealers are only requiring $100 down to order so you know there's gonna be a lot of people who won't miss it and don't pick up the car. On top of that there's been a lot of talk about dealers placing their own orders and reselling (they're allowed to do that to 20% of their allocation without penalty).

However, if you're expecting the Bronco to be able to tow anything, that's a sore subject so don't ask about that on this forum.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, you can expect a 2022 delivery. Dealers are guesstimating a 75%(ish) reservation to order rate. This is what a few dealers have put on different threads here. With 190,000 reservations, that will be about 145,000 orders at least.
I can’t see 75% conversation rate. Even Granger with its enthusiast base is sitting at 53%.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I didn't realize.... That is blue...

RapInt.JPG
I am starting to think that the designer responsible for the FE Navy Pier disaster is a relative of Ford and nobody wants to fire him/her. So instead, they got shuffled over to the Raptor team and now they are someone else's problem.

And to the OP, if you were to order a BB 2.3 soft top non-squatch you may get one in early 22. Otherwise I would think Q3 22 is a realistic expectation.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have zero belief that the 75% conversion rate will hold. The first two days of reservations are likely to largely be hardcore enthusiasts. Once you move later into July and beyond the conversion rate should plummet. I've got a feeling that barring further widespread COVID related supply issues that all reservations will be knocked out by summer of '22.

MikeCt

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I’m late to the party but I reserved a Bronco last night. My dealership told me I’d be ordering a 22 model and delivery would most likely be late next year. Does that sound right? I know I know...COVID, microchips, blah blah, but waiting 1.5+ years? I was thinking it’d be at the end of this year at the latest.
Yes, you can expect a 2022 delivery. Dealers are guesstimating a 75%(ish) reservation to order rate. This is what a few dealers have put on different threads here. With 190,000 reservations, that will be about 145,000 orders at least.
I have a July 31, 2020 reservation and i am planning on a MY22. I expect it will be here Feb or Mar of next year.
MY21's will be built for 6 months at a rate of 600 per day MAX. They will only produce about 60-70k MY21 before they switch over to MY22 in Jan 2022. If you reserved today, then you will probably see yours mid year next year.
Don't cancel your reservation until you have a better idea of when it might be built. Wait until after May at least so Ford can crunch all the numbers and put out production figures.
[/QUOTE]

Should the OP go ahead and place an order now, even he chooses to defer to MY22 so he
won't loose his reservation?

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There was a lot wrong with the Raptor release. Beyond color choices. This didnt bring the fight to the TRX again. A piss poor response to what Ford could have done. And to those saying, "but the next version", that is pissing away their chance to deal with that magic in the bottle now. Anticipation for a vehicle is a powerful thing and shouldnt be wasted, much like they are doing a bit on the Bronco now.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Should the OP go ahead and place an order now, even he chooses to defer to MY22 so he
won't loose his reservation?
I would. You can have the dealer post it as priority 99. Ford has requested that Dealers go ahead and convert as many reservations as possible, so that they can assist in their supply chain planning and manufacturing planning. This also helps dealers with regard to future allocations. You also as a customer have yourself in the system. You can always change your order as new options for MY22 come out.

But your not supposed to lose your reservation place in line, even if you don't convert your reservation to an order.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

.......Edit: If you're really looking for a Bronco and don't have a reservation at this point, but do have raptor money - your best bet may be to try and pick one up off the lot in 2021. Most dealers are only requiring $100 down to order so you know there's gonna be a lot of people who won't miss it and don't pick up the car. On top of that there's been a lot of talk about dealers placing their own orders and reselling (they're allowed to do that to 20% of their allocation without penalty).

However, if you're expecting the Bronco to be able to tow anything, that's a sore subject so don't ask about that on this forum.
I think that most dealers will take advantage of being able to sell 20% of their allocation from their lots. Especially those dealers selling below MSRP to those making reservations. They will easily sell Broncos from their lots for more $ than MSRP.

We've been thinking that we move up in line when someone with an earlier res cancels. Probably not always the case. The dealers will just take the canceled res's (up to 20% to their allocations) and place their own orders. So there will be dealer lot sales long before some of the reserved Broncos are delivered. Unless I'm not understanding this correctly.

OP
OP

chris_rosen

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There was a lot wrong with the Raptor release. Beyond color choices. This didnt bring the fight to the TRX again. A piss poor response to what Ford could have done. And to those saying, "but the next version", that is pissing away their chance to deal with that magic in the bottle now. Anticipation for a vehicle is a powerful thing and shouldnt be wasted, much like they are doing a bit on the Bronco now.
Bingo!!!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
90k?!? For not even the R?! Woah wtf. If I was in the truck market I would B-Line to the TRX and have no regrets, coming from someone who has had nothing but Fords my whole life.
This YouTube reviewer blew the tranny in his own TRX while testing it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am starting to think that the designer responsible for the FE Navy Pier disaster is a relative of Ford and nobody wants to fire him/her. So instead, they got shuffled over to the Raptor team and now they are someone else's problem.

And to the OP, if you were to order a BB 2.3 soft top non-squatch you may get one in early 22. Otherwise I would think Q3 22 is a realistic expectation.
The blue has been available since 19 on the Raptor. When I was buying an 18 Raptor, someone cancelled the day I came in to order mine because they found out the 19 would have blue interior. That was great for me because my salesman grabbed his allocation and put my spec into it.
Sponsored