Sponsored

POLL Which Model Will Become Late Delivery?

Which Model Will Become Most Delayed

• Total voters

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought Ford was producing by time stamp. Have they switched to doing specific models first. Dang I can't keep up with the Ford weekly curve balls. I'm actually afraid to vote, Ford might be watching and use the poll order to produce each model. ?
Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am voting for BD because I think it will be the least sold model. I don't think BL will have too much of an issue unless all Sasquatch packages are late... Now that I said that out loud, maybe it's an option that is late availibility not a model!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont have a clue as to which model,im going for the base+man+squatch which i cant even b&p yet so my 13 min after opening day reserve is kinda mute.
I reckon if you ordered a base 2.7 auto you would get it on time but thats just a guess.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it will not be black and white. It’s a dynamic question and depends on late availability for whom? A Day 1/2 reservation holder or a later reservation holder? Read below. This is my take how it unfolds.

The fulfillment of reservations will be bundled with like builds and largely be sequential in batches. That means...day 1/2 reservations will be fulfilled based on where you stand in a popularity contest. For example if OBX in navy pier ends up being unpopular and that’s your pick, you’ll have to wait for Ford to go down the list to accrue enough OBXs in navy pier to create a batch order to be fulfilled

Conversely, later reservation holders get the reverse benefit given the gouging of parts during the initial fulfillments for popular builds. Early reservation on a badlands, great. Later reservation on a badlands, bad.

Day 1/2 reservation holders - FE first (simply because - and all builds are identical so that’s an easy batch to fulfill and should be fulfilled first), Badlands second (due to popularity over Wildtrak and ford wanting them on the road). OBX possibly second to last given unpopularity due to poor interior choices. Base dead last because well Ford isn’t motivated at all. They don’t even want to sell or produce a base, it’s just there to market and bracket a lower price point

Late July+ reservation holders - now layer in limitations of parts. Badlands goes from easy to get to hard to get, with delays, given how many parts they ran through producing all the badlands for the early reservation holders. For example they produce 5,000 Badlands with marine grade vinyl for the early reservation holders and now need to wait for more marine grade vinyl

My thinking above factored into my decision last week to switch from an OBX to BL given I have a Day 1 ressie. Obviously, many other things factored into that decision, but the above certainly was one of those factors.

Last edited:

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's going to be something stupid like the color-mismatched grab handles causing delays.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it will not be black and white. It’s a dynamic question and depends on late availability for whom? It depends on how early your reservation is. Read below. This is my take how it unfolds.

The fulfillment of reservations will be bundled with like builds and largely be sequential in batches. That means...day 1/2 reservations will be fulfilled based on where you stand in a popularity contest. For example if OBX in navy pier ends up being unpopular and that’s your pick, you’ll have to wait for Ford to go down the list to accrue enough OBXs in navy pier to create a batch order to be fulfilled

Conversely, later reservation holders get the reverse benefit given the gouging of parts during the initial fulfillments for popular builds. Early reservation on a badlands, great. Later reservation on a badlands, bad.

Day 1/2 reservation holders - FE first (simply because - and all builds are identical so that’s an easy batch to fulfill and should be fulfilled first), Badlands second (due to popularity over Wildtrak and ford wanting them on the road). OBX possibly second to last given unpopularity due to poor interior choices. Base dead last because well Ford isn’t motivated at all. They don’t even want to sell or produce a base, it’s just there to market and bracket a lower price point

Late July+ reservation holders - now layer in limitations of parts. Badlands goes from easy to get to hard to get, with delays, given how many parts they ran through producing all the badlands for the early reservation holders. For example they produce 5,000 Badlands with marine grade vinyl for the early reservation holders and now need to wait for more marine grade vinyl

My thinking above factored into my decision last week to switch from an OBX to BL given I have a Day 1 ressie. Obviously, many other things factored into that decision, but the above certainly was one of those factors.
This is one of the most logical things I’ve read in a week. Well done.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is one of the most logical things I’ve read in a week. Well done.
Ha thanks. This chart really shaped my take on this. Keep in mind this is skewed given its 6G enthusiasts getting reservations out of the gate. And late ressie 6G guys probably not caring to fill out the survey. General public probably has more later reservations or at least didn’t know about the bronco reveal until they read about it in the news the next day. So this chart is somewhat exaggerated.

But nonetheless after the hoarding of parts for popular trim builds for Day 1/2 guys, there may be some parts bins that run dry creating delays for those same popular trims for ressie holders that placed their order later in July and thereafter.

021D7659-7FC6-41D9-B35F-990BF277E56B.jpeg

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha thanks. This chart really shaped my take on this. Keep in mind this is skewed given its 6G enthusiasts getting reservations out of the gate. And late ressie 6G guys probably not caring to fill out the survey. General public probably has more later reservations or at least didn’t know about the bronco reveal until they read about it in the news the next day. So this chart is somewhat exaggerated.

But nonetheless after the hoarding of parts for popular trim builds for Day 1/2 guys, there may be some parts bins that run dry creating delays for those same popular trims for ressie holders that placed their order later in July and thereafter.

Ford Bronco POLL Which Model Will Become Late Delivery? 021D7659-7FC6-41D9-B35F-990BF277E56B
I agree. With the popularity of Badlands here with a lot of day 1/2 reservations I think your analysis is spot on. And Ford is REALLY going to want as many BLs on the street as fast as they can.

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be Badlands because that is what I am ordering. Just the way things go for me. Sorry other BL buyers. I screwed you.
Those are my thoughts too.
For exactly the same reasons.
Sort of an Eeyore outlook on this. :)

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking there will be a deluge of SAS orders and since since WT and FE are standard SAS models they will be the most impacted.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Marketing and profit margins will prevail on this whole deal. They will deliver First Editions first to prevent a PR issue. After that Wildtrak and Badlands will go out the door first because margins are higher. Then it'll be Black Diamond, Big Bend and unfortunately Base will come very late.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which model do you expect to become a late delivery due to demand, parts supply, etc?
Please explain why you think so.

My guess is the BL because it seems to be in the highest demand and it has parts that aren’t shared with any other models except for the FE.

What say you?
That’s why they spread out the build with all models.
Sponsored