Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in my Jeep days, I would remove the door bolts in Spring and just leave them off until Fall. Never had any issues when the doors were on without the bolts and taking them off was just that much quicker. Anyone try this on their Bronco yet?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Misread the first time, doors on with no bolts? Doesnā€™t sound like a good idea.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negative, unless you want the doors to fall off.

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not lazy enough to not bother putting the only 2 bolts holding the entire door on lol. I supposed you could, but I feel over time you'd get window/door fitting issues, as I notice before I tighten up the bolts the hinges have gaps until tightened and becomes flush. I'm sure someone is going to try it eventually though and we'll see a "my door fell off and my door is ruined what do I do" post lol.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don't think that would be a good idea, the door is just barely held on by gravity until the bolts are put in. You only need to move them up 3/8 to 1/2 inch to remove them which could easily be accidentally done.

Completely different design than a Jeep hinge. With my old Jeeps the latch would prevent the door from moving up far enough for the door to come off. Probably not the case with the Bronco.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. The upper bolt must be installed for the door stop detents to work. Otherwise the door hops up about a 1/4" as you swing it past that stop points. It makes an awful noise and will almost certainly cause unwanted wear.

HOWEVER, I bet you could only put in the top bolt if you really need to save 30 seconds. The bottom hinge appears to be purely a pivot.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Jeeps and Broncos have a entirely different door hinge setup. Also like you my bolts have been off my Jeep for 10 years with zero issues. Doing the same in a Bronco is just asking for trouble. Very little left to keep the door from falling off without the bolts.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I don't think the doors would accidently fall off the hinge the design is not like the Jeep that have the longer pins to keep them in place.

Also this:

No. The upper bolt must be installed for the door stop detents to work. Otherwise the door hops up about a 1/4" as you swing it past that stop points. It makes an awful noise and will almost certainly cause unwanted wear.
The doors will pop over the stops every time you open them and make that awful noise.

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone is correct. I have aBronco and Wife has a 2018 Wrangler. He bolts could stay out but I donā€™t do that. The Bronco bolts have to be not only on but tight or they make a horrible popping sound when the door is opened or closed.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Farmers Insurance. We know a thing or two because weā€™ve seen a thing or two.
I look forward each and every day for a post that makes me actually laugh audibly. This is todays post. Well done,well done.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The jeeps have a much longer pin engagement setup and donā€™t have the detent built into the hinge. Iā€™d run without the lower in but at that point itā€™s 30 seconds to put it in so nope I havenā€™t. Imo there just is not enough there for me to be confident.