Sponsored

Let’s discuss hand washing. What tricks of the trade do y’all have?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If Im just taking a leak, i have a touchless method that lets me skip the hand washing. Real time saver.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever heard of acid rain?
Not to mention rain will not remove bird poop, mud, salt, dead bugs, ect. Wipe after a rain with any kind of material is just going to grind it into the paint. Pretty dumb.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be honest I just took my Jeep through the drive through. I knew the risks of scratches from the brushes. But whatever. Since I got the soft top on the bronco I use touch-less sometimes but man it sucks. Found chemical bros kit on sale, now I hand wash. I know there are differentiating opinions on hand, two bucket, power wash etc. what’s everyone’s preferred method? My major hiccups are during the wax phase I get some on the plastic parts and I don’t know how to remove it once on.
Most of the time, I go to the self-wash because I need to pressure-wash the mud and dirt that is everywhere. Occasionally, that means pressure washing the mats and sometimes even opening the drain plugs and washing out the floors in front.

At home, I pre-rinse with the hose gun and wash with Meguiar's shampoo with carnauba wax. I use that because it was highly rated and is gentle on the finish. Plus I have a big bottle and it lasts a long time!

Whether at the self-wash or at home, I'll usually take a short drive to blow off the majority of the remaining water and then use clean microfiber cloths to wipe the rest. A real game-changer is if you have a water softener at home, have the hose bib by the driveway connected to soft water. That's how you get a spot-free rinse.

I've got some Chemical Brothers VRP and Invisible Super Cleaner on order to do the bumpers and fender guards. I've heard good reviews on those products and am hoping that will make it easier to clean and keep clean after off-road outings.

Last edited:

Whisky&Rocks

Badlands
First Name
Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just reading all these responses made me tired, and extra grateful for Ceramic Coating. Spray off with a hose, blow dry with a leaf blower, and voila - clean and happy.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Im just taking a leak, i have a touchless method that lets me skip the hand washing. Real time saver.
One time, you should drink something fluorescent, then use a blacklight and see what you think about the handwash skipping part. ;) Unless you're old and flow pressure isn't what it used to be, you'd be surprised.💀

Last edited:

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
:LOL:
Not that I know of, but learning the proper way to tie shoelaces is amazing.
Omg! He’s right! And they look great! 🤣🤣🤣 What’s your next nonBronco related tip?? 😉

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did we all buy Broncos or show cars ? Me thinks you all are overthinking this. I've won Best Paint awards from the World of Wheels and other shows where I drove the truck to the show in the rain and had to drive it thru a car wash and dry with a bath towel before I put it on display ,lol.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I usually get my hands wet with warm water, lather them with soap, and wash them for about 30 seconds or so, before rinsing them off in the sink. Pat dry for best results.

The real secret is to moisturize afterwards. 🤫
I thought you were going this way with your response....
Ford Bronco Let’s discuss hand washing. What tricks of the trade do y’all have? x1080

2 bucket method works great but foam cannon was a game changer. As far as tips/tricks, putting an RV water filter in line between the faucet and hose helps prevent hard water spots and only costs like $10-$20.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanna do better, but I just don't. If I had a black Bronco, maybe I would.

I do wash my wheels first, put some soap in a 5 gallon bucket, fill up with water and wash the wheels, and anything not painted surfaces that got mud on them.
Then I dump that and refill and wash the rest of the vehicle.

I should do better, but that's essentially it.

Sponsored

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use an electric pressure washer. First I blast away as much dirt and grit as possible with water. Then I use the foam cannon attachment to lather the entire vehicle. Blast everything away a second time with pressure. Lather it up again with foam cannon, then hand wash with a "clean" bucket and a "dirty" bucket. This method really keeps you from grinding dirt and debris into the paint during washing. If I don't have time for a hand wash, just the pressure washer and foam cannon will suffice...I usually will do this after a long weekend of getting dirty in the mountains.

I never run my personal vehicles through a touch car wash. Guess I'm a 35 year old boomer.
Same here. Rinse, foam canon and with electric pressure washer (warm water), bucket of warm water with microfiber mitt, hand wash while foam is on car for lubrication (2 bucket method), rinse, dry microfiber towel, extra fine microfiber towel for glass, once every two months wash put Graphene shampoo in my mitt bucket water, and ever two months apply Graphene boost for finish to keep it slick.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use an electric pressure washer. First I blast away as much dirt and grit as possible with water. Then I use the foam cannon attachment to lather the entire vehicle. Blast everything away a second time with pressure. Lather it up again with foam cannon, then hand wash with a "clean" bucket and a "dirty" bucket. This method really keeps you from grinding dirt and debris into the paint during washing. If I don't have time for a hand wash, just the pressure washer and foam cannon will suffice...I usually will do this after a long weekend of getting dirty in the mountains.

I never run my personal vehicles through a touch car wash. Guess I'm a 35 year old boomer.
You would be so lucky to be a boomer!

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if it makes a difference but I like the idea of cannon, rinse cannon with 1 bucket method.

Really just hoping using foam cannon first breaks up any dirt etc before blasting it with pressure washer.

Same here. Rinse, foam canon and with electric pressure washer (warm water), bucket of warm water with microfiber mitt, hand wash while foam is on car for lubrication (2 bucket method), rinse, dry microfiber towel, extra fine microfiber towel for glass, once every two months wash put Graphene shampoo in my mitt bucket water, and ever two months apply Graphene boost for finish to keep it slick.
Sponsored