Sponsored

Let's see your Hood Struts for ADV Fiberglass Hoods!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm dropping my newly ADV-clad 2-door off at the body shop next week for paint-matching, and now looking ahead to the next few doodads to add. I haven't seen much yet about people using hood struts on their ADV hoods so if you have any experience with that please chime in. Pics, product info, part numbers, install tips etc. will all be welcome! Thanks in advance :)

Ford Bronco Let's see your Hood Struts for ADV Fiberglass Hoods! IMG_4597
Sponsored

MRTperformance

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MRT's hood struts work with a wide variety of aftermarket hoods. We just ask that you reach out and contact us with the manufacturers weight of the hood and we can supply the proper struts for your hood. DM me here, Call us at 734-455-5807 8am-4pm EST or email MRT at [email protected]

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MRT's hood struts work with a wide variety of aftermarket hoods. We just ask that you reach out and contact us with the manufacturers weight of the hood and we can supply the proper struts for your hood. DM me here, Call us at 734-455-5807 8am-4pm EST or email MRT at [email protected]
Thanks. I've sent a message to ADV to see if they had a weight handy. Not sure if they will respond in time for me to act on your current sale price. If anyone here knows the weight of the ADV Ram Air hood please let us know. I can't be the first person who's ever put hood struts on with this hood.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They work with the ADV hoods! I also had the painted brackets in the kit I bought. The guys at MRT contacted ADV to get the weight and they work great!

Ford Bronco Let's see your Hood Struts for ADV Fiberglass Hoods! 1670967366886

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They work with the ADV hoods! I also had the painted brackets in the kit I bought. The guys at MRT contacted ADV to get the weight and they work great!
Well the guy at MRT who joined this discussion seems to not have that information handy as he said I'd need to contact them to get it. Hey @MRTperformance can't you just look up the info you got from ADV when you sent struts to @BroncoPete? Hey Pete was yours a Ram Air or Heat Extractor?

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well the guy at MRT who joined this discussion seems to not have that information handy as he said I'd need to contact them to get it. Hey @MRTperformance can't you just look up the info you got from ADV when you sent struts to @BroncoPete? Hey Pete was yours a Ram Air or Heat Extractor?
Ram Air Hood.

Ford Bronco Let's see your Hood Struts for ADV Fiberglass Hoods! 1670974156820

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey @MRTperformance ADV got back to me with "it's around 20 lbs." Is that enough to go on? If so, can I place my order online and just put that in the order comments or do I have to call to place the order? Thanks!

MRTperformance

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey @MRTperformance ADV got back to me with "it's around 20 lbs." Is that enough to go on? If so, can I place my order online and just put that in the order comments or do I have to call to place the order? Thanks!
Perfect! I will keep an eye out for your order. Non customized hood struts ship the same day if your order is placed before 2pm EST.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So wait, the redline ones I got wont work??

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided