SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think the softness of the pedal is bad, just wait until you have adaptive cruise control on and try to brake when the system is already applying a little bit of braking for you! Real oh-shit moment when the pedal is hard as rock and you have to pump it 😅 number one reason I’ve turned off the adaptive cruise in favor of normal cruise
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vacuum boosted brakes have been around for well over a half century and are tried and true. My 2.3 sasquatch stops as expected. After reading the op's scenarios I would say he's like a majority of drivers and follows to closely. He also compared his lifted large tired Jeep to His Bronco but bear in mind the 6g Bronco is much heavier than a Jeep. I find my Bronco even with sasquatch package to drive well and have good road manners. Now that's coming from someone who drives large commercial vehicles for a living and who's 40years of off roading were with mostly F series trucks on 44's. I would say for peace mind let the dealer check it out and if they find nothing than you need to adjust yourself.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think the softness of the pedal is bad, just wait until you have adaptive cruise control on and try to brake when the system is already applying a little bit of braking for you! Real oh-shit moment when the pedal is hard as rock and you have to pump it 😅 number one reason I’ve turned off the adaptive cruise in favor of normal cruise
I use my adaptive cruse control a lot. I have NOT noticed a difference in “manual” braking whether the ACC is hard braking or not. 2.7L with electric assist.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for this. This is exactly what my brakes feel like. I will take it in to have the brakes bled. This gives me some hope.
let me know if it helps!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my adaptive cruse control a lot. I have NOT noticed a difference in “manual” braking whether the ACC is hard braking or not. 2.7L with electric assist.
You don’t have a 2.3L with vacuum assisted brakes

Sponsored

Thrash Metash

Base
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took it into the dealer today. After an hour they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and wouldn't authorize a brake bleed.
The truth is that it stops ok. But it bugs me that I can keep pressing the pedal after it stops and almost hit the floor. I drove a 2.7L at the Moab Off-Roadeo and it felt much much firmer. I guess I need to drive another 2.3L to compare.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took it into the dealer today. After an hour they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and wouldn't authorize a brake bleed.
The truth is that it stops ok. But it bugs me that I can keep pressing the pedal after it stops and almost hit the floor. I drove a 2.7L at the Moab Off-Roadeo and it felt much much firmer. I guess I need to drive another 2.3L to compare.
I think you might need to find another dealer…

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so I've only had mine for 48 hours, but holy wow those are crap. I immidiately starting hanging way back in traffic, far more than I usually would (ok, maybe I follow to close normally) but even then, a suddent stop in front of me and I'm just hoping I can stop.

Does anyone have thoughts on upgrades? These have been on the Ranger for a while, are there options we can use from there? This is a great vehicle otherwise, but those brakes are scary!
I had this thought when I first picked up mine, but got used to the new pedal feel after a week. Maybe they could use an upgrade, but for me it was just getting the pressure right

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am pretty sure the 2.3 and the 2.7 uses the same brakes
2.7 is not squishy at all. I’ve driven both on multiple Broncos on test drives. I noticed the same thing as OP. 2.7 has electric brake boost. 2.3 uses vacuum boost

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.3L with Squatch. No issues with the braking or brake feel. Stops well. No issues with ACC either. I might need to get some more miles on it but so far it does well.

Sponsored

Stevem752

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 outer banks bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have driven 3 different Broncos 2.7 including my own OBX Sasquatch all 3 the brakes felt different. I even made a comment to my wife that they were and would be upset if ours didn't drive and brake as it does. I really think we are lucky so for ours seems to be perfect.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove both and I didn't like the brakes on the 2.3. You have to mash the pedal to stop it. There's nothing wrong with but I prefer the digital brakes.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.3L with Squatch. No issues with the braking or brake feel. Stops well. No issues with ACC either. I might need to get some more miles on it but so far it does well.
I wonder if to sasquach package adds the digital brake control.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if to sasquach package adds the digital brake control.
It does not. Braking system is the based on the engine used.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model