First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay to all the guys nitpicking their techniques and recovery methods. Go back to your rock crawling 2 mph dusty trails. They are mudding and everything they did or used is perfectly acceptable in mudding. Except for when the wife almost ran over the strap. It does not matter if its a recovery strap or tow strap as long as it doesnt have metal to fling. Picking lines in mud hole is no fun. At most dip a stick in it to get an estimate. Honestly the only flaw in her approach was not enough skinny pedal. With a lil more momentum she would have breezed through it. Also I usually kick out passengers in mud holes for weight but whatever.

These folks are having fun that is what matters. I would rather watch 100 videos like this over a bunch of slow walkers bumbling through a pile of small rocks in a hot dry desert. The only thing they missed here is river bank climbing. Back in Ohio we would go down to the flood plain, stomp out the holes between the tree clumps and climb the steep river banks. Fun on a bun!

I just have one word for the party of 5. Deeper and MORE!
Sponsored

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree, we can't learn without trying and will be better next time!

Overall this is a great time and the kids really love the experience. Most of the time they have their Nintendos in hand but not while running the trails.
Can't wait to meet you guys out on the same trails when my (NOW) MY 22 Wildtrak arrives. I have been out in those trails several times and seen a F250 out in the middle of the woods with a broken recovery strap still attached to it. Hopefully one day we will run these together with my family too.

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone who thinks splashing through deep water and mud is a good idea had better have deep pockets. These hi tech rigs don’t like to get wet.
I suggest checking out the episode of Truck Night in America when the Busch brothers demonstrate this point by killing a Raptor and TRD Tundra.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watch their videos and they appear to be enjoying the learning process with their Bronco. I got stuck tons of times in my dad's 72 and in my 69. Momentum is your friend in mud but even that can't overcome some really deep mud and water in your distributor cap!
Good luck enjoying your new Bronco and keep on stretching your abilities!!
I hope you get your truck back soon!

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting stuck was definitely not planned. Of course I am recording as we have a YouTube channel but we strive for everything we share to be as pure and honest as possible. We are not afraid to show our failures and lack of knowledge that you might possess. We are a legit family of 5 just trying to share or experience as we navigate and learn.

I am not sure how a video titled, "How do the Outerbanks and Black Diamond non-Sasquatch perform off road" is click bait? What would you recommend?

Also, if watched the whole video you will see the doorless stock Black Diamond go through plenty of mud. He did not go through the hole we got stuck in due to obvious clearance concerns.
Everyone here are know it all’s so don’t sweat it. Just keep having fun and sharing it with the rest of us. The internet seems to be the place for people to go take their frustrations out on others. And with many of us waiting for our trucks there is plenty of frustration to go around. Just make sure you have enough knowledge with regard to recovery to make it safe and then go out and learn the hard (fun) way.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So many bad driving techniques in this video!

1) Never charge into a pit without first knowing how deep it is and if there is boulder waiting underneath to rip out your drivetrain. Hopefully they had previously checked?

2) Driver is always supposed to be responsible for hooking up their own extraction rigging so that you know it is secured properly.

3) Snatch strap should always be laid flat, not twisted and then only apply tension/force as needed, not hit the gas and jerk on the first pull, plus was the driver even in gear and ready to go when the pull was made? Didn’t hear any driver to driver communication.

4) Never run over the strap! This can put small cuts and abrasions in the fibers that can lead to a failure over time.

Also…where did they get three Broncos to go play at the same time, and what’s with the Geo Metro or Subaru in the background with kayaks on top that seems to be going wherever they go? 🤷‍♂️ LOL
Thank you is all I can say. I like that they have content but man I was shaking my head watching that mess.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I learned a lot of things not to do. Thanks

MLPAGANO72

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The video is great. You guys do you and have fun. My wife and I can’t wait to get our Bronco and hit the trails in the Pinelands of NJ. The trails will be very similar to yours.

We have an OBX w/ sas on order.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, this is our video. I will admit that we are complete newbies when it comes to off-roading. Most of our off-roading has been just like what you see here in this video and our other videos such as some trail driving out in Utah in our Super Duty Tremor. We are learning as we go.

I do hop out and check the water depth before running through anything where the bottom is not visible. There have been vehicles go completely under water on this trail system. In this case where we got stuck, the ruts were just a little too deep at the end of the water/mud hole for our set up.

The strap we used was a All-Top snatch strap that we picked up on Amazon. I believe this is a good all around strap for this sort of recovery?

https://amzn.to/2VMIt5r

I normally ensure the strap is not twisted but I knew this would be a very simple recovery and let it go.

The bumper on the Area 51 is indeed from Lifestyle Off-road and should be one available for ordering next week! I am hoping to pick one up for our Bronco as it looks great and is very well constructed with a heavy skid plate as well.

We are enjoying every minute with our Bronco and cannot wait to experience and learn more as we go.

Thanks for sharing the video and for any bad all feedback!

Thanks for the video, looks like ya had a blast.

Don’t take comments here too seriously, you could show them a video of you walking on water and they would say it’s just cause you don’t know how to swim.

I enjoyed it. 👍

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember when Bronco was first announced and I saw steelies on Black Diamond I scoffed at them and thought they were ugly and a cost-saving measure. I don't know what changed but over time I've absolutely fallen in love with how those black ones look

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

Need some Super Swamper TSLs!!!
Or at least some BFG Muds!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure how a video titled, "How do the Outerbanks and Black Diamond non-Sasquatch perform off road" is click bait? What would you recommend?
This video showed the performance of a driver and not the performance of the outer banks. That is what people are objecting to, I think. I have an unlifted non sas obx on stock tires and I have driven through water like that and did not get stuck. The reason is I have years of experience driving off-road since I live off-road and my actual road can look like that at times (but no longer has a mud bottom in most sections). The driver should never barrel into water that deep, especially with a muddy bottom. I will give her credit, the first time I had to drive down my road and it was flooded like that, I was in a 2wd 90s F150 and I was terrified. I made it out alive :LOL: I think she was having way more fun than I had that day.

Slow down, take your time, make sure there isn't a log in the middle of the puddle, go up on the high ground, ease around. I use the mud GOAT mode and it's perfect. Driving in Florida mud and sand is tricky. You have to use finesse and slow (but not too slow) and steady often wins the race. You will get the hang of it soon enough. Join the FB group - Stuck in Florida SOS just in case you get stuck. It's also a good "what not to do" primer. Most of the stuck people are in muddy water just like that.

You have an adorable family. Enjoy your Bronco.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video showed the performance of a driver and not the performance of the outer banks. That is what people are objecting to, I think. I have an unlifted non sas obx on stock tires and I have driven through water like that and did not get stuck. The reason is I have years of experience driving off-road since I live off-road and my actual road can look like that at times (but no longer has a mud bottom in most sections). The driver should never barrel into water that deep, especially with a muddy bottom. I will give her credit, the first time I had to drive down my road and it was flooded like that, I was in a 2wd 90s F150 and I was terrified. I made it out alive :LOL: I think she was having way more fun that I had that day.

Slow down, take your time, make sure there isn't a log in the middle of the puddle, go up on the high ground, ease around. I use the mud GOAT mode and it's perfect. Driving in Florida mud and sand is tricky. You have to use finesse and slow (but not too slow) and steady often wins the race. You will get the hang of it soon enough. Join the FB group - Stuck in Florida SOS just in case you get stuck. It's also a good "what not to do" primer. Most of the stuck people are in muddy water just like that.

You have an adorable family. Enjoy your Bronco.
Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendations! I do think the ruts in this case caused us to he high centered. I think our frame was basically sitting on the ground inbetween the ruts (there is probably a technical term for that). A F250 went through behind us and also got stuck.

There is a lot to learn for sure.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many bad driving techniques in this video!

1) Never charge into a pit without first knowing how deep it is and if there is boulder waiting underneath to rip out your drivetrain. Hopefully they had previously checked?
This is good advice. I was driving in state forest trails recently and actually had to turn around because a puddle of similar size, but with clear water, was ahead. We got out and looked and realized there was no way to get over it without getting stuck - a log had fallen into the road and it was underwater. The sides of the puddle were swamp. You do the math.

Not wanting to be the next installment of Stuck in Florida SOS, I turned around and went on a different trail, keeping my vehicle intact and staying off said facebook group.

Not everyone needs lockers
After using my rear locker in water just like this, I disagree. Also, was this the Florida Bronco meet up on the 11th? Just wondering if that is where you were.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco6G community has been amazing and I have learned so much here as I have either been a lurker or a member for a few years now.

I hope that we can continue to be a supportive community in the future. Not everyone is an expert. Not everyone needs lockers, some people might only drive their Broncos on the road, some might be greenhorns when off-roading (me).

The key factor that I hope we remember as a community is that we are all true Bronco enthusiast or else we would have bailed on the Bronco a long time ago.

Let's try to cut one another some slack. Not just related to what I am doing but all of us. I have seen quite a few positive post get blown up with nothing but negativity.
Matt- What you're doing with your family involved is absolutely fantastic. Imagine it's tough to put yourself out there with the know it all wheelers and professional youtube commenters on their couch.

Keep doin what you're doin and enjoy that precious time with you're awesome family. Those kids will never forget the experiences.

Keep posting the great content and ignore the haters.
Sponsored