Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Kev

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Range Rover, Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just emailed my local Jeep dealership about a Wrangler Sahara .... please somebody talk me out of it????
I was looking at the JEEP Website today can't lie. ( We have a 2011 JEEP Sahara Unlimited). You would be happy for a while UNTIL the Broncos finally hit the street then you will be pissed you didn't wait ( 7/13 Blend date here)

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to change my order to the very same, if my dealer gives me a chance. They told me a Wildtrak was the only way to get a hard top, what a joke.
The GM of my dealer told me about a month ago that his zone rep was saying only hard tops in 21 would now be Wildtrack and First Edition. The thread became a disaster zone, got ripped a new one by many know-it-all’s. A few short weeks later, here we are!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not gonna lie, I blew this off and was enjoying Peters Mill Run trail in VA. Is it worth me watching, or is it just soft ball questions thrown at Ford, and Ford still not answering them?

3F9B2401-B1B9-46CD-AAD1-8FFF7DC08B2D.jpeg

44651622-1290-4B43-93B8-FDB633DCF167.jpeg
Grrrrr....I was hoping to be on Peters Mill Run at this point with my Bronco. I have an assigned VIN so I can't switch to a soft top, and livestream said that they will build any assigned VIN in MY2021 but I don't believe that for a second considering how much they've lied all year long.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bingo. As Brittany from Light Brite said about Solid axle vs. IFS, everything is give and take. Bronco is the same way, at least we all have a general idea of the future now.
Do we though? So far Ford has lied to me about something every month for the last year, why would this livestream be any different? They said that every assigned VIN will be built in the livestream, but that's not what the written statement said and frankly I've lost all faith in Ford ever standing by anything they say because so far my experience with the company is that they never do. @Ford Motor Company

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo….pointless?? Got it😜
I thought the best part was 11 minutes in when Tim (one of the Ford guys) said it was "embarrassing"

David from BN went through a timeline starting at the five minute mark that was factual. That part is worth watching too.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Grrrrr....I was hoping to be on Peters Mill Run at this point with my Bronco. I have an assigned VIN so I can't switch to a soft top, and livestream said that they will build any assigned VIN in MY2021 but I don't believe that for a second considering how much they've lied all year long.
Would have been fun to see some Bronco’s out there.

If it makes you feel better, I thought I would have been in one too, was the original plan.

Gotta say, I like the JLUR, it didn’t break a sweat out there. I hate drivers seat though, I don’t know who designed it, but that alone will keep my Bronco reservation.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully they get the color shit sorted out within the next few weeks. They have until Sept 9 when the Silverado ZR2 and ordering opens up to keep this customer. I honestly should have known better my last 2 Fords were the worst vehicles I've ever owned. I was hoping things had changed and it seems the more they have stayed the same.

jvandena

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is Ford going with a new supplier for MIC hard top now? The complaints from recent videos are that honeycomb core is making noise. Ford letter states only issue with humidity and edge treatment. What about validation of the improvements? If Ford will have new improved top in October of 21, they had to have been planning solution for months prior. I hope that they are not rushing a solution that also results in quality complaints. The microscope is out on these Tops. Wish I could help. The honeycomb gets crushed at edges where the skins come together but the resin has not bonded the skins together to seal the panel completely. This will delaminate over time, fill with water, make noise, get heavy. Not good. Ford made a wise decision to replace the tops.Video of molding process

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a Senior Design Engineer for an automotive aftermarket supplier. I was AT WORK at 4pm Central time wondering “HOW COME THESE FORD REP’s ARE AT HOME??”.

Next time,if this EVER happens again, Ford Rep’s need to Zoom in from the FACTORY FLOOR!!

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The GM of my dealer told me about a month ago that his zone rep was saying only hard tops in 21 would now be Wildtrack and First Edition. The thread became a disaster zone, got ripped a new one by many know-it-all’s. A few short weeks later, here we are!
Is there still a chance for Wildtrak then?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just emailed my local Jeep dealership about a Wrangler Sahara .... please somebody talk me out of it????
Going the jeep route because you’re pissed sounds good now but once these things start populating the streets you’ll be kicking yourself you didn’t wait it out.