Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello from Reno,
First time posting here. I currently own a 20’ Jeep JLU. Love my Jeep but I’ve been itching for a Bronco. I’ll have to sell the Jeep to buy the Bronco. Right now I’ve got major upgrades to the Jeep and am running 37’s and am used to having front and rear lockers.
I don’t think I need to run 37’s on the Bronco but I 100% want 35’s minimum.

So I’ve got a question about the Bronco lineup. First is the only way to get the front and rear locker to go with the Sasquatch package?

Since I can’t seem to leave things stock I’d hate to get the Sas package just to remove the parts.
I do know I would want to get rid of the factory rake tho.

I’m highly considering getting a 2dr manual. Also I’m not into rock crawling but love to get the wide and pups out exploring, mostly Easy and medium trails right now with the Jeep. (Can’t afford to break it, still have to drive to work on Monday 🤣🥴)

Any advice is appreciated, I used the search function to try to get an answer to my question but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would figure out what interior options you want, almost all the trims can be optioned with enough gearing for 35-37s. Post your wants and someone around here will let you know what trims to start looking into. As far as bigger tires, you can get away with 4.46 and 4 cylinder. Your choice if you want more power or gearing.

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would figure out what interior options you want, almost all the trims can be optioned with enough gearing for 35-37s. Post your wants and someone around here will let you know what trims to start looking into. As far as bigger tires, you can get away with 4.46 and 4 cylinder. Your choice if you want more power or gearing.
I like the Black Diamond for the Vinyl Seats and Rubber flooring instead of carpet. I’m not really into the extra luxury stuff, heated seats/seating wheel, or any extra nanny features. The 360 camera would need cool but not for the cost and the addition of all the unnecessary stuff IMO

Most important is lockers, gearing, vinyl seat’s and rubber flooring, aux switches would be nice too.

Thank you for your reply!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the Black Diamond for the Vinyl Seats and Rubber flooring instead of carpet. I’m not really into the extra luxury stuff, heated seats/seating wheel, or any extra nanny features. The 360 camera would need cool but not for the cost and the addition of all the unnecessary stuff IMO

Most important is lockers, gearing, vinyl seat’s and rubber flooring, aux switches would be nice too.

Thank you for your reply!
Your more than likely fine with the gearing and 35s. I would jump up to the V6 with 37s. I ran 35s then went to 37s on the same gearing with my 4 cylinder and can say around town no issues but the freeway it was noticeable. Bronco starts to become a wind dam at 70mph and by 80mph you will want more power/gearing.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your drill sounds similar to mine. My Bronco exists as an appliance to get me into more remote trailheads with my working canine.

Base Sas. 2.7. 4 door. If you are carrying canines, and out for anytime, the 4-door is a must IMO. Our summer residence is 65 miles from the nearest grocery store of consequence, with 20 miles on dirt. On occasional trips to town with the puppy, we need all of that space for supplies.

I’m not into mods just to look pimp when I go through a drive-through. Mine are based on functionality: Full TrailRax, full skid plates and rock sliders byNew Venture, window tint and fold down table in the back.

We have few roads that would qualify as “rock Crawling” here. Mostly it is rocky shelf roads with 500’ of air on one side. I do have one 1.6 mile section that takes an hour to get across. The base Sas, bone stock, serves me fine
Ford Bronco Looking to buy first Bronco! IMG_1081

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want a manual you are limited to the I4, the V6 requires the automatic. I came from a '19 JLUR and went with a Badlands with SAS for the following reasons:

Sway d/c and lockers
I like the SAS because I no longer mod, if I was going to mod I wouldn't have bothered
If I were to do over, though, I'd probably not get SAS and spend the money on 1" lift coilovers and wheels / tires
I like the interior color and orange accents on the Badlands
Got LUX for the cameras
Got tube door option because PA law states you must have OEM doors ;)

Anyway, just my thoughts, best thing to do is play around with the build section on Ford's website as much as you can.

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your more than likely fine with the gearing and 35s. I would jump up to the V6 with 37s. I ran 35s then went to 37s on the same gearing with my 4 cylinder and can say around town no issues but the freeway it was noticeable. Bronco starts to become a wind dam at 70mph and by 80mph you will want more power/gearing.
The Jeep is like driving a box car so I’m familiar with that haha

My Jeep is
Your drill sounds similar to mine. My Bronco exists as an appliance to get me into more remote trailheads with my working canine.

Base Sas. 2.7. 4 door. If you are carrying canines, and out for anytime, the 4-door is a must IMO. Our summer residence is 65 miles from the nearest grocery store of consequence, with 20 miles on dirt. On occasional trips to town with the puppy, we need all of that space for supplies.

I’m not into mods just to look pimp when I go through a drive-through. Mine are based on functionality: Full TrailRax, full skid plates and rock sliders byNew Venture, window tint and fold down table in the back.

We have few roads that would qualify as “rock Crawling” here. Mostly it is rocky shelf roads with 500’ of air on one side. I do have one 1.6 mile section that takes an hour to get across. The base Sas, bone stock, serves me fine
Ford Bronco Looking to buy first Bronco! IMG_1081

My Jeep is a 4Dr so having the pup’s and gear would be challenging. Especially since I’m used to the 4Dr. I’ll have to seriously consider the 4dr over the 2dr
Love your Bronco, looks great! Next Venture is the best, love their products.
Thank you for your input.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would highly recommend the Badlands non Sasquatch in any configuration as a great place to start. Comes with front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects and upgraded steering.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been over it many times, sometimes it seems a little more vague when it comes to the lockers and what comes with LSD Rear etc

Hoping for real Bronco owner advice
I own a Badlands so am a Real Owner, lol! Seems pretty clear to me??

Ford Bronco Looking to buy first Bronco! Bronco Axles

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another vote for non-Sas Badlands here. The only draw back to non-Sas is you won't get the 4.70 gears unless you go 2.3 w/ manual tranny.

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I own a Badlands so am a Real Owner, lol! Seems pretty clear to me??

Ford Bronco Looking to buy first Bronco! Bronco Axles
I wasn’t implying YOU weren’t a Bronco owner, but that compared to the Ford Builder I would prefer to ask owners. Thank you for your input!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To me the heavier duty front axle, lockers, and 4.70 gearing is all a huge reasons to go Sasquatch, especially if you plan to actually wheel it. Just my two cents.

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands, non Sas. Front and rear lockers. I put 1" leveling kit. Modified the crash bars. 35x10.50 Kenda Klever tires on the stock rims. No rubbing, rides and looks great.
Ford Bronco Looking to buy first Bronco! 20231118_135243
Sponsored