Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello from Reno,
First time posting here. I currently own a 20’ Jeep JLU. Love my Jeep but I’ve been itching for a Bronco. I’ll have to sell the Jeep to buy the Bronco. Right now I’ve got major upgrades to the Jeep and am running 37’s and am used to having front and rear lockers.
I don’t think I need to run 37’s on the Bronco but I 100% want 35’s minimum.

So I’ve got a question about the Bronco lineup. First is the only way to get the front and rear locker to go with the Sasquatch package?

Since I can’t seem to leave things stock I’d hate to get the Sas package just to remove the parts.
I do know I would want to get rid of the factory rake tho.

I’m highly considering getting a 2dr manual. Also I’m not into rock crawling but love to get the wide and pups out exploring, mostly Easy and medium trails right now with the Jeep. (Can’t afford to break it, still have to drive to work on Monday 🤣🥴)

Any advice is appreciated, I used the search function to try to get an answer to my question but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
Welcome! Suggest going to a dealer and driving the different models. The wife initially liked the Outer Banks 4D. She thought she needed the storage, easier access to the back seats, and the more comfortable occasional people-hauling. After she drove a Badlands SAS, her 'gear head', wild side re-emerged, and the heck with other people (let them drive their 'appliances'), we went with the 2.7 WildTrak 2-D, automatic, and I can't get her out of it. Always went with manuals, but both of us have knees that "talk" to us daily. It's her daily driver and she remarks that after years of Jeeps (which she loved), the Bronco is a welcomed change. The seats are heated and really comfortable. We did put on a Bestop soft top which again she loves for the ease of open/close even while at a stoplight. Will off-road only on occasion.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BB/BD/OBX must be either special ordered or SAS for lockers. All other models will have front and rear lockers standard, although that is because for Wildtrak/Heritage/Everglades they come with SAS as standard. Raptor and Badlands are the packages that have lockers standard but are not SASed (although there really isn't much difference at that point).

Another thing to be aware of is the difference between Manual 4WD and 4A. Not all packages have full time 4WD (4A). If that matters to you or not.

Good luck with 2Dr Manual - they exist, but they are like unicorns out there.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello from Reno,
First time posting here. I currently own a 20’ Jeep JLU. Love my Jeep but I’ve been itching for a Bronco. I’ll have to sell the Jeep to buy the Bronco. Right now I’ve got major upgrades to the Jeep and am running 37’s and am used to having front and rear lockers.
I don’t think I need to run 37’s on the Bronco but I 100% want 35’s minimum.

So I’ve got a question about the Bronco lineup. First is the only way to get the front and rear locker to go with the Sasquatch package?

Since I can’t seem to leave things stock I’d hate to get the Sas package just to remove the parts.
I do know I would want to get rid of the factory rake tho.

I’m highly considering getting a 2dr manual. Also I’m not into rock crawling but love to get the wide and pups out exploring, mostly Easy and medium trails right now with the Jeep. (Can’t afford to break it, still have to drive to work on Monday 🤣🥴)

Any advice is appreciated, I used the search function to try to get an answer to my question but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
Since you mentioned "not into rock crawling but love to get the wide and pups out exploring, mostly Easy and medium trails", you probably don't even need lockers or larger tires. Most any of the Bronco versions would get you where you want to go.

Manual equipped models come with at least 4.46 gearing, so you could install 35s if desired. That's what I did on my 2-door manual base, found someone getting rid of hardly used 35s for a good price.

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BB/BD/OBX must be either special ordered or SAS for lockers. All other models will have front and rear lockers standard, although that is because for Wildtrak/Heritage/Everglades they come with SAS as standard. Raptor and Badlands are the packages that have lockers standard but are not SASed (although there really isn't much difference at that point).

Another thing to be aware of is the difference between Manual 4WD and 4A. Not all packages have full time 4WD (4A). If that matters to you or not.

Good luck with 2Dr Manual - they exist, but they are like unicorns out there.
There are actually a couple 2dr for sale up here, neither are the packages I want unfortunately.

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome! Suggest going to a dealer and driving the different models. The wife initially liked the Outer Banks 4D. She thought she needed the storage, easier access to the back seats, and the more comfortable occasional people-hauling. After she drove a Badlands SAS, her 'gear head', wild side re-emerged, and the heck with other people (let them drive their 'appliances'), we went with the 2.7 WildTrak 2-D, automatic, and I can't get her out of it. Always went with manuals, but both of us have knees that "talk" to us daily. It's her daily driver and she remarks that after years of Jeeps (which she loved), the Bronco is a welcomed change. The seats are heated and really comfortable. We did put on a Bestop soft top which again she loves for the ease of open/close even while at a stoplight. Will off-road only on occasion.
I have an opportunity to grab a 2.7 Wildtrack SAS 2Dr for a really good deal that I’m so tempted to go for. Only thing holding me back is interest rates are buggered. Plus I’d have to sell the Jeep private party because they will kill Mr on the trade in value.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since you mentioned "not into rock crawling but love to get the wide and pups out exploring, mostly Easy and medium trails", you probably don't even need lockers or larger tires. Most any of the Bronco versions would get you where you want to go.

Manual equipped models come with at least 4.46 gearing, so you could install 35s if desired. That's what I did on my 2-door manual base, found someone getting rid of hardly used 35s for a good price.
You’re actually most likely right, I’ve not needed the lockers yet on the Jeep but I prefer to Have and not need than need and not have. Especially if I have the option to go either route from the start.

And I saw a 2dr with Method wheels and 35” Mickeys and It looked perfect. Actually it looked just as big as my Jeep on 37” KO2’s.

I’m going to try to test drive a great this weekend maybe I’ll make a decision.

Thank you all for your input so far, I’m curious how many other people sold their Jeep for the Bronco 🥴

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are reasons to go non Sasquatch Badlands, front and rear lockers, and all. But I was lucky enough to score a base 2 door manual with Sasquatch package and after I ordered I found out about the good stuff. It's not just a lift, bigger tires and such, but the advance transfer case and front axle are upgraded and they changed the suspension articulation for the sake of running 35" tires with a warranty and everything calibrated (speedo and etc) has sold me on the package.

My stock Sasquatch Bronco with a 2.3 & a manual has been so much fun, and on over landing trails and moderate (6 and lower) trails it fully capable. A Black Diamond with a rear locker will take most places you want to go. A Big Bend with Sasquatch will go farther, front locker and better clearance. And a Badlands non Sasquatch will do as well, smaller tires, 33", but the sway bar disconnect & front lockers.

It sounds like your needs are four doors because of the dogs and if you're more of an over landing kid of person, than a Big Bend (the new base) with Sasquatch will take you far with no need to spend money on upgrades; all under warranty.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are actually a couple 2dr for sale up here, neither are the packages I want unfortunately.
I was looking for one for months. My dealer finally yelled at me and told me I should have just put in an order (He isn't wrong).

I ended up with a 4dr manual - I don't regret it. But I still think the 2Dr look better.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just my two cents. I have a 2 door big bend/2.3L/Auto on order. Non Sas pkg, but I did get the higher gearing pkg with the rear lockers (4.27). Not planning on doing any rock crawling as it will be my daily driver for work and I've seen enough of the rock crawling videos to know that is not for me. If I want to put bigger tires on it I can with the larger gearing. All depends upon budget and this was the sweet spot for me. Thought about the manual but I have the shelby to scratch that itch and the order constraints would make it a longer wait. The 4 door is just too big for me as I will only have the occasional passenger and never use the back seat in my current daily.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't get SAS, but wished I would have in my 2Dr. In regard to 2Dr or 4Dr... I had a 2DR 2016 Wrangler. I liked the shorter Jeep platform, but the Bronco has lots more room in back of the driver, and the seats on the Bronco are easier to manage (they lay pretty flat). I never liked on my jeep how the rear seat was setup. I took it out (as a lot of people do).

If I were you... I would REALLY sit in a 2DR Bronco, put the rear seats down, and see how you like it -- before you go order one.

And -- I don't carry dogs, but could manage 2-3 Britney pups or Westies!

The Bronco on-road ride is much nicer than in the Jeep 2Dr. No death-wobble.

Also... having a 10-speed auto instead of the manual is actually pretty nice... when going with the V6. Ford built-in a lot of offroad capabilities most people never use and a lot of people don't even know about.

My 2 cents.

FYI --
Jeep 4dr = 188" length. Jeep 2Dr = 166.3 Bronco 2Dr=173.7 4Dr=189.4

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the Black Diamond for the Vinyl Seats and Rubber flooring instead of carpet. I’m not really into the extra luxury stuff, heated seats/seating wheel, or any extra nanny features. The 360 camera would need cool but not for the cost and the addition of all the unnecessary stuff IMO

Most important is lockers, gearing, vinyl seat’s and rubber flooring, aux switches would be nice too.

Thank you for your reply!
Love my Black Diamond. Very capable and the most underrated trim in my opinion.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is that you would need to remove the rear seats from the 2 door to put the dogs in. You can't really get them in the back seats from the front doors so they would need to get in the rear which has no real space behind the back seats. Once you drive a Sas 2 door, I think you will want that combo.

OP
OP

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't get SAS, but wished I would have in my 2Dr. In regard to 2Dr or 4Dr... I had a 2DR 2016 Wrangler. I liked the shorter Jeep platform, but the Bronco has lots more room in back of the driver, and the seats on the Bronco are easier to manage (they lay pretty flat). I never liked on my jeep how the rear seat was setup. I took it out (as a lot of people do).

If I were you... I would REALLY sit in a 2DR Bronco, put the rear seats down, and see how you like it -- before you go order one.

And -- I don't carry dogs, but could manage 2-3 Britney pups or Westies!

The Bronco on-road ride is much nicer than in the Jeep 2Dr. No death-wobble.

Also... having a 10-speed auto instead of the manual is actually pretty nice... when going with the V6. Ford built-in a lot of offroad capabilities most people never use and a lot of people don't even know about.

My 2 cents.

FYI --
Jeep 4dr = 188" length. Jeep 2Dr = 166.3 Bronco 2Dr=173.7 4Dr=189.4
I test drove a 23’ Big Bend manual and loved it. It’s got a small lift on it, 35” Mickey Thompsons and Method wheels. It has a lot more room than I thought it would especially compared to the JL 2dr.

It was late and Dark when I tested it out but I don’t think it had lockers on it. That’s the only reason I didn’t pursue it.
I can’t find out if the Manual 23’ came with

I took 2 or the 3 seats out of my Jeep because I don’t usually have passengers other than the pups. Of we need to transport the pups and gear we can take my wife’s truck really. So I’m still leaning towards the 2dr Bronco.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Easy way to check for rear locker is to look for that extra toggle/button switch on the top-center of the dash. On a Big-Bend without SAS you could have rear locker.

3-buttons = no locker
4-buttons = rear locker
5-buttons = front+rear locker.

Jsb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco wildtrack, 2019 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sold my 19 JLU wrangler and was lucky to pick up a 23 Wildtrack 2 door and love it. The ride is way superior to the 4 door jeep. I think as many will agree that the Bronco is one of the best looking vehicles that Ford has ever built. Get the highest gears you can get if you are even thinking about moving up in tire size.
Sponsored