Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This crap would be so much easier to decide if we all didn’t have those pesky budgets to adhere too...?
Stupid Adulting. Why couldn’t this come out 20 years earlier when I didn’t care if the numbers worked..... ???
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can't decide for myself...so if you figure it out, let me know. :)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been jumping around between Base-BB-BD since July. Decided on stock BD. Signature headlights would be cool but that's just a luxury. Not gonna be rock crawling or difficult trail riding, but I know BD is available and more than capable for my needs.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
One riddle left unanswered is, do the BB optional Signature headlights include the LED tail lights? I have heard that rear LEDs are available on BB, but see nothing in B&P. Seems logical to me they should be included if you opt for the Signatures up front, but still to be determined.

I'm looking forward to playing with the LEDs front and back. I bet your son would think they're pretty cool too. Nice to have vinyl seats for cleaning, but to me seats are seats, both functional. Those lights will be very cool and iconic and catch your attention from a distance, esp at night. Good luck deciding!

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife actually wanted cloth, so I'm still working on convincing her the MGV will work for us.
My two cents:

I wouldn't want to sit on MGV after having the top off for awhile in the sun.

I hate leather in the summer for that same reason. Wintertime, they will be cold and slippery until seat heaters kick in (if seat heaters are even available)

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My two cents:

I wouldn't want to sit on MGV after having the top off for awhile in the sun.

I hate leather in the summer for that same reason. Wintertime, they will be cold and slippery until seat heaters kick in (if seat heaters are even available)
Yep... and there is the issue. It's either going to be BD or squatched BB for us in order to get the advanced transfer case. Its gonna be a DD though, so I'm just torn about doing the sasquach on the BB. Oh well...i have time.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went back and forth between BB and BD. Now firmly in the BD camp. Love the higher end look of the MGV seats (as seen on the Badlands examples at events) while at the same time they are much more forgiving with rain, spills, etc. And MGV on BD are partially a lighter color than BL so maybe a bit better after sitting in the sun. Prefer the steel bumpers front and back. Prefer 4A, available without Sasquatch on BD. Prefer the slightly wider tires on BD. Now starting to love the BD grill, lights, and steel wheels which are closer to the original Bronco. Can’t go wrong with either, but I prefer BD.

Last edited:

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same area, although I keep leaning more towards Manual BL with Mid and just selling more of my stuff that I don't use anymore to find the extra $$ to off-set. (Likely would lift a BD in the near future to add bigger rubber anyway)

For me the signature headlights (and potentially tail lights) was not enough of a selling point to option out a BB to the BD level. I plan to run Moderate trails and occasionally A rock or 2, but more planning on overlanding/camping with my Bronco. For that reason the wash-out interior was a bigger draw than the signature lights. There will likely be many options in the after-market world for those of us with the Classic lights if we don't like them in a year. Count how many Jeeps run "stock" headlights and tail lights; I would be surprised if a modded rig had stock lights.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And there is definitely better components in that rear end '-)
I know there are different ratios between the two rear Lockers you can get BB vs BD, but it's there something else different between then than that?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to confirm now 210mm carrier vs. 220mm and axle spline count. They both still fall under D44 but Spicer is changing stuff and going with mm now on advantek stuff.
That would be a huge piece of info if you can get it. Thanks!

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The obsession with aesthetic minutia like lights and grills is weird to me. You touch the interior literally every time you use the vehicle. How is that not exponentially more important?

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Same dilemma here! I actually like the sandstone/onyx BB interior best (with Rapid Red paint), but the 4A option is a must-have for me. A la carte on BD, Sasquatch only on BB. If 4A availability changes I may return to BB. If BD gets a tan vinyl interior option (MY22 perhaps?) I'll prolly stay at BD.

Otherwise,
Grilles - I prefer BD but can work with either
Wheels - BD steelies all day. Also going to do the 255/85 tires.
Interior - I expect a carpeted floor (BB) to add some sound insulation
Exterior - I use fog lights in fog! - Hate to lose them going to the modular bumper, but I'll work it out.
Other - I like the steel bumpers and bash plates, especially shielding the plastic fuel tank

Choices, choices . . .but there's some time to ponder yet.

Last edited: