Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone tried mounting it from the ceiling? I just bought an HDS-9 Live and BoatLogix heavy duty bracket (to replace the plastic one). Before I get a custom mount made, wondering if anyone else has done this?

Mountains2Metal has a "Bronco Basket" that works with existing bolts. Using steel instead of aluminum, eliminate the basket, extend the mounting piece and ideally drill in circular channels so that you can "swivel" towards driver, co-pilot or straight.

The boat guys already have this all figured out with the "Wave Crusher" mount that also adapts to any size Lowrance but we don't need that . . . . . . we just need a Bronco Mounting Plate to attach brackets to.

If no one has something like this ready, I'll take the lead on getting one made that we can all use.

img-wcm3 (1).jpg

M2M Mount.jpg
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone tried mounting it from the ceiling? I just bought an HDS-9 Live and BoatLogix heavy duty bracket (to replace the plastic one). Before I get a custom mount made, wondering if anyone else has done this?

Mountains2Metal has a "Bronco Basket" that works with existing bolts. Using steel instead of aluminum, eliminate the basket, extend the mounting piece and ideally drill in circular channels so that you can "swivel" towards driver, co-pilot or straight.

The boat guys already have this all figured out with the "Wave Crusher" mount that also adapts to any size Lowrance but we don't need that . . . . . . we just need a Bronco Mounting Plate to attach brackets to.

If no one has something like this ready, I'll take the lead on getting one made that we can all use.

Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? M2M Mount

Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? M2M Mount
Funny you brought this up, I made this into a mount for my Garmin 8" Overland Tread about 18 months ago. Cut out the basket and keep the downward molle panel and used it to mount my GPS unit. It is absolutely fantastic!!! I'll have to update with pics when I am back at home with my Bronco :).

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you brought this up, I made this into a mount for my Garmin 8" Overland Tread about 18 months ago. Cut out the basket and keep the downward molle panel and used it to mount my GPS unit. It is absolutely fantastic!!! I'll have to update with pics when I am back at home with my Bronco :).
American Adventure Lab is crafting a mount for me and I pick it up in ~3 weeks and will post at that time. But would love to see yours when you can.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
American Adventure Lab is crafting a mount for me and I pick it up in ~3 weeks and will post at that time. But would love to see yours when you can.
Now, I am really Pumped to get that Pic, might have to have the wife send it to me. AAL is the best, love their work. Definitely going to use them for my storage and lithium battery needs when I get to that part of my build. I also reached to them in the past about creating a mount for the Midland MXT 575 underneath the console as a suggestion, then never picked it up yet, but I was able to create a easy mount solution for that and love. Totally hidden 50w GMSR!!!

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now, I am really Pumped to get that Pic, might have to have the wife send it to me. AAL is the best, love their work. Definitely going to use them for my storage and lithium battery needs when I get to that part of my build. I also reached to them in the past about creating a mount for the Midland MXT 575 underneath the console as a suggestion, then never picked it up yet, but I was able to create a easy mount solution for that and love. Totally hidden 50w GMSR!!!
I'm heading over to AAL in 3 weeks for upgrade from 72Ah to 175Ah (and maintaining the 72Ah as a reserve). Feel free to DM if any questions on their stuff.

My rig: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/kermitbronco-ultimate-badlands-build.88555/

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm heading over to AAL in 3 weeks for upgrade from 72Ah to 175Ah (and maintaining the 72Ah as a reserve). Feel free to DM if any questions on their stuff.

My rig: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/kermitbronco-ultimate-badlands-build.88555/
My wife sent me some pics, I will post some more when I get a chance later this week. Especially a pic with the Garmin removed from its mount (quick release) Anyway, I love the mount, thought I would need to make a flip up design when I first made it but that is not the case its perfect. Completely out of the way of driving view and perfectly positioned to view while driving highway speeds.

Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 20240526_151336

Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 20240526_151402

Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 20240526_151418

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpeg

IMG_2953.jpeg

Last edited:

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name