Sponsored

Loyalty Poll

Does X-Plan not being available make you think twice about buying now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Welcome to Capitalism! Supply and demand! The demand is higher than the supply, so the price goes up. Now. if you want to move the country away from capitalism...we can have that conversation, but probably not the place for it here.
You captured part of the allure of the XPlan -- financial -- but completely whiffed on a significant factor that has absolutely nothing at all to do with capitalism; negotiating the ill conceived (for this day and age) and ill informed dealer network. The most attractive part of the XPlan for me was the possibility of purchasing locally without having to engage in multiple negotiations with dealerships that do not view me as a customer but as a mark. I did not utilize the XPlan in the purchase of my Raptor and had a very negative experience at several dealerships (e.g. accepted offers that were outrageously adjusted at time of signing, even though they agreed that "such things never happen at our dealership"). The car sales process is truly broken, and unfortunately makes unknowing victims out many people. Ford, in my personal experience, is one of the worst.
Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You better get the Sasquatch package so you don’t have to step down from such a high chair. ? in your business lesson you forgot brand loyalty. What every car maker strives for. The poll didn’t ask if you would cancel, but if you would think twice, you know reconsider it. It was meant to show Ford what a loyal group thought about a decision it was making. We have all been waiting 3 years for this highly anticipated product. Some people might have been saving and Xplan holds the price from being marked up. Ford could have easily said from the start no Xplan It’s not the forums fault how and when info rolls out. Lastly you are not obligated to stay on this site in order to buy a Bronco, and people don’t eat omelettes anymore, it’s all about the burrito wrap!!!
And the accountants have determined that, on balance, they'll gain more than they'll lose, brand-loyalty notwithstanding, by eliminating the x-plan pricing from the Bronco. You can accept that (with the tacit understanding that your loyalty to a company is both weird and got you exactly nowhere) or your can bitch and moan. You and a very vocal contingent of members here have chosen the latter. Fine. A impactful response would be canceling your order, but that, you know, takes conviction, not just a chip on your albeit loyal shoulder.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I have a hard time making my own opinions.
You wouldn't be so passive aggressive if you knew how much it hurt my feelings. When you have something worthwhile to add, please do.

It's not about the money. It's about keeping your word. Surely you can appreciate that.
I can and I do BUT I don't expect to get everything I want, when I want it, with frequent updates and wholly consistent messaging from a multi-freaking billion dollar company because I gave a dealership $100. I just don't. They'll present me with a product, I'll make a decision. That's our relationship.

Nate

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to Capitalism! Supply and demand! The demand is higher than the supply, so the price goes up. Now. if you want to move the country away from capitalism...we can have that conversation, but probably not the place for it here.
It is capitalism (of which I am a big fan) but it is also (in this specific instance) not the best business practice. What they're doing is helping to push some of their most enthusiastic supporters away. Seriously, who else besides a diehard fan would pay to reserve a vehicle that they're a year or more out from getting? The same folks that have been clamoring for a new Bronco since they stopped production in 1996 or when they teased a concept Bronco in 2004 and were finally rewarded with the knowledge that Ford were really going to release a Bronco with their 2018 announcement. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to grow a business or a product and if they're already pushing away and upsetting people in this group, word of mouth won't necessarily be kind to them. Make this group happy, give them a reward for their loyalty and they can help spread their excitement and enthusiasm to other potential buyers. It's obvious from the enthusiasm that they have a product that'll win in the short-term but they need to convert it to long-term by pulling their competitors loyal followers (cough cough, Wrangler) away because the Bronco is already making their competition get better.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If adding somewhere between $300-$1500 onto your $30-$60,000 purchase is a deal-breaker, you were making a bad financial choice.

If you're upset because of the "poor communication" of this policy and you find it so distasteful that you're willing to cancel your order, you were merely looking for a reason to cancel.

If you argue that this is just another example of whatever it is that's making you upset (no white roof, no 2.7 with manual, no B&P in September, whatever), and that it represents the straw that broke the camel's back, etc., you had grossly unrealistic expectations and likely would've been disappointed with your purchase regardless.

If you were disillusioned enough to think that businesses wouldn't try to make as much money as possible out of each of us, every day, because you're special, well, you're not and they will.

For me---and this is somewhat ironic---the only bit which has moved the needle away from buying a Bronco even one iota has been the overwhelming bitching and whinging which emanates from this website. Weird, huh? It's just so tiresome and pointless. [Not speaking to anyone in particular] Is everything in your life as capricious as your feelings about Ford? OMG I LOVE THIS OMELETTE! IT'LL BE THE OMELETTE EVER! THANK YOU FORD'S DINER! Wait, they're charging $7.99? I thought it was $6.99? No? The text said $6.99. Well, yeah, that was two months ago. I don't care if there are people lined up around the corner waiting for an omelette, I was lied to and they don't respect me! WORST OMELETTE! WOULD NEVER BUY!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pity stare I get from someone who was too smart to pay a little more for a Bronco, as we're sitting at a stop light, me in my new Bronco:sneaky:

Nate
X-plan savings would likely be double what you quote. That is a lot of money. It also comes after Mr. Levine tweeted that X plan is available and willing to help Kamil get X plan. We get why it’s not being offered. Official response is laughable when they liken the Bronco to Shelbys and Raptors. I get the production issues but call it what it is. I’m not upset over the offerings of the Bronco. I would have liked some things to be different, but nothing on the Bronco itself has swayed my opinion of it. It is Ford’s handling of the situation. I dislike the changes to allocation process, dealer transfer process, and X plan. Like it or not, Mr. Levine speaks for Ford on his Twitter account. We are all finding out that we should assume that what he says will indeed not be the truth and that is on Ford as well. Ford’s communication plan is also worrying. Ford has shown it plans to overshadow bad news through distraction. B&P delay in ManSquatch announcement. X plan announcement during B&P release and material walkthrough.

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I genuinely mean this out of curiosity... What was everyone expecting here? I feel as though we have gotten a pretty good look into the background of the Bronco, more so than any new vehicle launch in recent history. I also feel like they are listening to future customers as much as possible both in the initial creation of the Bronco and the last minute developments before launch.

I don't mean to trigger anyone I am just interested in the general consensus of how everyone was expecting this to go.
That's easy. They want everything they want exactly when they want it and it needs to cost less than they expected and communication has to be perfect and entirely transparent every single day because they're special 'early adapters' and without them Ford would instantly go under so we should all agree with them and be forever thankful. Amen.

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
X-plan savings would likely be double what you quote. That is a lot of money. It also comes after Mr. Levine tweeted that X plan is available and willing to help Kamil get X plan. We get why it’s not being offered. Official response is laughable when they liken the Bronco to Shelbys and Raptors. I get the production issues but call it what it is. I’m not upset over the offerings of the Bronco. I would have liked some things to be different, but nothing on the Bronco itself has swayed my opinion of it. It is Ford’s handling of the situation. I dislike the changes to allocation process, dealer transfer process, and X plan. Like it or not, Mr. Levine speaks for Ford on his Twitter account. We are all finding out that we should assume that what he says will indeed not be the truth and that is on Ford as well. Ford’s communication plan is also worrying. Ford has shown it plans to overshadow bad news through distraction. B&P delay in ManSquatch announcement. X plan announcement during B&P release and material walkthrough.
I can't really argue with any of that. You complain about issues with the roll-out, I complain about people complaining about issues with the roll-out. You can say "I'm out" and so can I, but neither of us will :p

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't really argue with any of that. You complain about issues with the roll-out, I complain about people complaining about issues with the roll-out. You can say "I'm out" and so can I, but neither of us will :p
Dec/Jan will be that point. I transferred dealers and got my $100 back. I have nothing financially at stake here. I’ll take it for what it is. Gonna build 2 Broncos. YOLO Bronco and BaseSquatch and talk with the dealer. Start with YOLO and go from there. Bronco is a want, but I certainly want!

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Firstly, I want to say that I understand the frustration that a lot of people have over Ford bringing down the ban-hammer on the X-Plan. I mean, it would really be nice to have no-haggle pricing that takes the negotiation out of the equation at the dealership. It also really helps if you don't completely trust your local dealerships. With that being said, I will tell you that I completely expected Ford to make this move. This should not have been a surprise to you guys. When you have tons of auto enthusiast websites telling everyone under the sun to go to MCA and pick up their $25 membership in order to qualify for X-Plan so you can use it on the Bronco, you can't expect Ford to not nip that in the bud. No, it wasn't hurting FoMoCo's bottom line or base profit margin, but Ford also has to take care of the dealerships who are tasked with marketing and selling this new Bronco. I don't like it and I know you don't either, but that is the reality of things.

If you don't trust your local dealership, why are you doing business with them in the first place? Take your business to someone you can trust. Learn to negotiate for the things you want. An educated car buyer should never, ever pay MSRP or above and should never pay for all those hidden items like laser etching and the rest of the BS dealership stuff. Read over that paperwork like a hawk and if you find something you don't like, tell them, "I'm giving you one chance to remove all the hidden dealer BS and the ridiculously high document fees or I'm walking." Know what the vehicle you want is worth to you with all the options you want and then plant your feet. It's that simple.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it wasn't hurting FoMoCo's bottom line or base profit margin, but Ford also has to take care of the dealerships who are tasked with marketing and selling this new Bronco. I don't like it and I know you don't either, but that is the reality of things.

SInce Ford reimburses the dealer for every customer that uses an X plan...yes, it hurts Ford's bottom line as it can be seen as an extra "rebate" that the company is paying.

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some folks seem pretty entitled and act like Ford owes them something. It’s a process. If it’s too much, buy something off the lot. If you’re not committed, wait. This is fun, not stressful. Enjoy it. If you can’t, move on, so I can move up.
Ford DOES owe us something. They owe us honesty and a competitive product at a competitive price. Taking away X-plan eligibility chips away at the competitive price part of this whole deal for some folks and that after putting out that it was eligible. With that said, thank you @Granger Ford for being honest and offering a fantastic deal. I wish y'all were my local dealer because I'd go to you guys for everything.

I'm still committed to getting a Bronco. I think it looks like it's going to be an awesome vehicle but I'm not going to be committed and loyal to any brand or company if they don't want to work for my money.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If adding somewhere between $300-$1500 onto your $30-$60,000 purchase is a deal-breaker, you were making a bad financial choice.

If you're upset because of the "poor communication" of this policy and you find it so distasteful that you're willing to cancel your order, you were merely looking for a reason to cancel.

If you argue that this is just another example of whatever it is that's making you upset (no white roof, no 2.7 with manual, no B&P in September, whatever), and that it represents the straw that broke the camel's back, etc., you had grossly unrealistic expectations and likely would've been disappointed with your purchase regardless.

If you were disillusioned enough to think that businesses wouldn't try to make as much money as possible out of each of us, every day, because you're special, well, you're not and they will.

For me---and this is somewhat ironic---the only bit which has moved the needle away from buying a Bronco even one iota has been the overwhelming bitching and whinging which emanates from this website. Weird, huh? It's just so tiresome and pointless. [Not speaking to anyone in particular] Is everything in your life as capricious as your feelings about Ford? OMG I LOVE THIS OMELETTE! IT'LL BE THE OMELETTE EVER! THANK YOU FORD'S DINER! Wait, they're charging $7.99? I thought it was $6.99? No? The text said $6.99. Well, yeah, that was two months ago. I don't care if there are people lined up around the corner waiting for an omelette, I was lied to and they don't respect me! WORST OMELETTE! WOULD NEVER BUY!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pity stare I get from someone who was too smart to pay a little more for a Bronco, as we're sitting at a stop light, me in my new Bronco:sneaky:

Nate
I find it ironic you claim to be tired of the bitching on this forum but you continue to come here and post... I say the same thing if you don’t like the bitching leave...
I for one could give two shits if someone sees me in my bronco or not and thinks damn I should’ve bought it...

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I find it ironic you claim to be tired of the bitching on this forum but you continue to come here and post... I say the same thing if you don’t like the bitching leave...
I for one could give two shits if someone sees me in my bronco or not and thinks damn I should’ve bought it...
yeah, it's ironic. In fact, I said exactly that in my post, so you and I agree. Strong work.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, it's ironic. In fact, I said exactly that in my post, so you and I agree. Strong work.
Yet you keep coming back to share your outstanding thoughts that no one gives two shits about...
Strong work...

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yet you keep coming back to share your outstanding thoughts that no one gives two shits about...
Strong work...
yeah, must feel weird having someone come back, huh? You living in Iowa and all:ROFLMAO:

i'm sorry. That was unnecessary. Let's get back to telling me to leave because I complained about complainers.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, must feel weird having someone come back, huh? You living in Iowa and all:ROFLMAO:

i'm sorry. That was unnecessary. Let's get back to telling me to leave because I complained about complainers.
Huh? And you are from Wisconsin? Ok...
Whatever the fuck that means...
Sponsored